It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomedfordeath

Hey, do you guys think maybe you could make it rain ALL the time? Friday was very dark where i live also, and i really enjoyed it. I'm more partial to wet weather. I just love the way the air feels... (not to be fluffy/ sappy or anything, but it is neat...)

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Oh, I can't control the weather
, but that would be pretty cool. I could just think of a few things where that power could help alot. Like if we go through a drought, or parts of the world that has a lack of rain, has a hurricane etc. Don't give up my annoynomous friend.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Hello im the weather boy.
i was just trying to look for others like me and this website forum thing is the closest i could find. I wont stop practicing and i dont think i should tell any of my friends. i noticed my ability at around 13-14 im 16 now.
all i have been able to do so far is make it rain this mostly takes time a few hours at times or if it is already overcast about half an hour to ten mins. and I can make it stop raining but that take even more time but once the rain woke me up in the middle of the night and i said stop and like thrusted my hand towards the sky and it suddenly stopped so i guess that has something to do with being so relaxed from sleeping. um i can make the wind blow i have been trying to direct it the best i have done is making a wind chime chime.
ummm yea i think thats all. i dont really know how to use this website very well but msn is good.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NewThor

oh i also think i may be able to control the temp around me coz i never take my jumper to school and everyones like sitting curled up and asking me if im cold and im like no its kinda nice.
I think i may be capable of more

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have the same thing with the temperature controlling. Look back a few posts and you will see a conversation on how to better control it. Maybe we have the same powers, I will have to try the weather thing out sometime. Controlling that I think would be the same with how to control the temperatures. I don't know, but I will let you know on any progress.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Well do you have msn or anything?
coz it would much easier to talk.
owell
i would like to learn some techniques on training with my powers.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassie Clay

Angelo Faticoni was known as the 'human cork'. He could float in the water even with a 20 pound cannonball lashed to his legs.

Gertrude Smith could make her chickens lay eggs with pictures on them.

Tom Wiggins a blind black man who lived in the late 1800s could flawlessly play any piano piece, no matter how complex, after hearing it performed once or twice. He even copied the exact style of the performer.

Lulu Hurst never needed karate lessons. Late in the nineteenth century Hurst had a brief performing career as 'the Georgia Wonder'. The frail fourteen year old could fling three grown men around the stage with no effort, using what she called simply the Power.

Jaqueline Priestman had so much static electricity in her body that she burns out electrical appliances, and her tv set changes channels whenever she gets near it.

Jenny Morgan had a handshake with a difference. When she shook someone's hand they would recieve an electric shock that would knock them unconscious.

Peter Strickland's presence made computers and calculators go haywire.

Then there was physicist Wolfgang Pauli who, when he walked into a laboratory, caused pieces of lab epuipment to tumble off shelves and shatter.

Bendetto Supino, a nine year old Italian boy had his bedclothes and furniture and comic books burst into flames when he stared at them.

In the wake of the accident at the Soviet nuclear power plant at Chernobyl, a disturbing number of Russians have reported a newfound ability to make frying pans, irons and silverware stick to their bodies. Some even attract glass and plastic as well as metal.

American Frank McKinstry was reportedly so magnetic that if he stood still, his feet stuck to the earth and had to be pried loose.

Mirin Dajo, the Dutch mystic regularly allowed a sword to be driven through his body, with no lasting injury. When skeptics said it must be an illusion, Dajo used an open-ended hollow sword and pumped water through it to show that the entire blade passed through his body. He repeated his daring demonstration some five hundred times before he died - as a result of one of the sword wounds
Daniel Paul Tammet is a British high-functioning autistic savant gifted with a facility for mathematical calculations, sequence memory, and natural language learning. He was born with congenital childhood epilepsy. Experiencing numbers as colors or sensations is a well-documented form of synesthesia, but the detail and specificity of Tammet's mental imagery of numbers is unique. In his mind, he says, each number up to 10,000 has its own unique shape and feel, that he can "see" results of calculations as landscapes, and that he can "sense" whether a number is prime or composite. He has described his visual image of 289 as particularly ugly, 333 as particularly attractive, and pi as beautiful. Tammet not only verbally describes these visions, but also creates artwork, particularly watercolor paintings, such as his painting of Pi.

Tammet holds the European record for memorising and recounting pi to 22,514 digits in just over five hours. He also speaks a variety of languages including English, French, Finnish, German, Spanish, Lithuanian, Romanian, Estonian, Icelandic, Welsh and Esperanto. He particularly likes Estonian, because it is rich in vowels. Tammet is creating a new language called Mänti. Tammet is capable of learning new languages very quickly. To prove this for the Channel Five documentary, Tammet was challenged to learn Icelandic in one week. Seven days later he appeared on Icelandic television conversing in Icelandic, with his Icelandic language instructor saying it was "not human."

Ben Underwoodtaught is blind, both of his eyes were removed (cancer) when he was 3. Yet, he plays basketball, rides on a bicycle, and lives a quite normal life. He taught himself to use echo location to navigate around the world. With no guide-dogs, he doesn't even need hands: he uses sound. Ben makes a short click sound that bounces back from objects. Amazingly, his ears pick up the ecos to let him know where the objects are. He's the only person in the world who sees using nothing but eco location, like a sonar or a dolphin.

Five time Guiness Record holder, The Rubberboy is the most flexible man alive and the most famous contortionist. He has been in many professional basketball or baseball games and on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, ESPN's Sports Center, Oprah Winfrey, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Cirque du Soleil, Best Damn Sports Show Period, The Discovery Channel, Men in Black 2, HBO's Carnivale, and CSI: NY and American got a talent. He dislocates his arms to crawl through an unstrung tennis racquet. He performs contortion handstands and unique acrobatics.

Michel Lotito (born 1950) is a French entertainer, famous as the consumer of undigestables, and is known as Monsieur Mangetout (Mister Eat-it-all). Lotito's performances are the consumption of metal, glass, rubber and so on in items such as bicycles, televisions, a Cessna 150, and smaller items which are disassembled, cut-up and swallowed. The aircraft took roughly two years to be 'eaten' from 1978 to 1980. He began eating unusual material while a child and has been performing publicly since 1966. Lotito does not often suffer from ill-effects due to his diet, even after the consumption of materials usually considered poisonous. When performing he consumes around a kilogram of material daily, preceding it with mineral oil and drinking considerable quantities of water during the 'meal'. He apparently possesses a stomach and intestine with walls of twice the expected thickness, and his digestive acids are, allegedly, unusually powerful, allowing him to digest a certain portion of his metallic meals. Watch the Video at YouTube.

On August 30, 2007, the eve of Malaysia's 50th Independence Day, Rathakrishnan Velu (or Raja Gigi, as he is known locally) broke his own world record for pulling train with his teeth, this time with 6 coaches attached weighing 297.1 tons over a distance of 2.8 metres at the Old Kuala Lumpur Railway Station. Raja Gigi, from Tampin in Malaysia learned a technique of concentrating his powers to any part of his body from an Indian guru at a young age of 14.

Liew Thow Lin, a 70-year-old retired contractor in Malaysia, recently made news for pulling a car twenty meters along a level surface by means of an iron chain hooked to an iron plate on his midriff. He says that he discovered he had the amazing ability to make objects stick "magnetically" to his skin, and now he's added car-pulling to his repertoire. After reading an article about a family in Taiwan who possessed such power, he says he took several iron objects and put them on his abdomen, and to his surprise, all the objects including an iron, stuck on his skin and didn't fall down. Since this "gift'' is also present in three of his sons and two grandchildren, he figures it's hereditary.

Sixty-four-year-old Thai Ngoc, known as Hai Ngoc, said he could not sleep at night after getting a fever in 1973, and has counted infinite numbers of sheep during more than 11,700 consecutive sleepless nights. "I don't know whether the insomnia has impacted my health or not. But I'm still healthy and can farm normally like others," Ngoc said. Proving his health, the elderly resident of Que Trung commune, Que Son district said he can carry two 50kg bags of fertilizer down 4km of road to return home every day. His wife said, "My husband used to sleep well, but these days, even liquor cannot put him down." She said when Ngoc went to Da Nang for a medical examination, doctors gave him a clean bill of health, except a minor decline in liver function. Ngoc currently lives on his 5ha farm at the foot of a mountain busy with farming and taking care of pigs and chickens all day. His six children live at their house in Que Trung. Ngoc often does extra farm work or guards his farm at night to prevent theft, saying he used three months of sleepless nights to dig two large ponds to raise fish.

Tim Cridland doesn't seem to feel pain like the rest of people. He astounded everyone by pushing needles into his arms without flinching and he now performs a terrifying act for audiences all over America. Scientific tests have shown that Tim can tolerate much higher levels of pain than are humanly possible. He explains that, by using mind over matter, he is able to push skewers through his body and put up with extreme heat and cold unharmed - but to do this safely he has extensively studied human anatomy, because puncturing an artery could be fatal.

Animal behaviourist Kevin Richardson says he relies on instinct to win the hearts and form an intimate bond with the big cats. He can spend the night curled up with them without the slightest fear of being attacked. His magic works not only work for lions but other animals such as cheetahs, leopards and even hyenas do not hold a threat against him. Lions are his favourites and its a wonder how he can play, carress, cuddle with them whose teeth are sharp enough to bite through thick steel. Its a dangerous job but to Kevin, its more of a passion for him.

Claudio Pinto can pop both of his eyes 4 cm (about 1 and a half inch) or 95% out of their sockets. He's now aiming (poppin'?) for a world record. Mr Pinto has undergone various tests and doctors say they have never seen or heard of a person who can pop the eyes as much as him. Mr Pinto, from Belo Horizonte, said: "It is a pretty easy way to make money. "I can pop my eyes out four centimetres each, it is a gift from God, I feel blessed."

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yeah, well just wait until Claudio Pinto's eyes pop all the way out of his sockets. They are intereting, though. But the making electrical devices thing isn't that astoundingly unique. It happens to a lot of psionically advanced people, apparently.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Dude those are some interesting people. If there are any more I would love to hear them. New Thor, I don't have msn, I have aim, if you want that I could u2u you when I get 20 posts, which is soon

And today I have a fantastic story:
So me and my family were going to go jet skiing, but the weather was awful, rain and thunder and all, and didn't look like it was getting better.
So I found myself a secluded place in the house where I would'nt be bothered, and I focused all my energy on the rain and the clouds and the storm. Then I felt a weird tingling sensation go through my body, almost felt like electicity (Levita and all your knowledge if you could elaborate what that was if you know
) and the storm stopped, bringing out the sun.
The storm didn't come back for the rest of the day.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

OH i dont get the electric feeling. but i shall try focusing all my energy on something. maybe i should bring the sun out today it is rather cloudy.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well I get this feeling almost all of the time now a days, mostly when I am practicing energy control. It's bugging me that I don't know what it is though.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

OH ok I don’t do any energy control activities. My ability is more natural to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Well, this "answer" is theory~but, the energy you felt, i would say it was the energy of the storm. There are people who take their energy from the elements- wind, rain, the trees, the earth; the subject has been brought up a number of times in different threads, about the ionized, charged feeling the air takes on right before a storm. The whole storm is a flood of energy. And the sun is a source of it too, but so is the storm. The lightning eleactricty, the wind and rain, kinetic energy keeps them flying. You could have been taking a measure of the storm's energy into yourself, breaking it up, and letting the sun shine all over the place. That's my explanation.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

Levita you are very very wise. can you give me any thoughts you have into my ability and or how to practice with it?
like mild tasks i could attempt to do?

[edit on 8-7-2008 by NewThor]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
(EDIT-- it just started raining here. Go figure..)

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that there's something-- like some negative force/entity-- that's trying to prevent you from progressing? A lot of people mentioned these shadowy beings.. I don't know.
I, myself am not really well endowed with these supernatural abilities (even though I've been told by various people that I do). And nearly every time I try to develop them, by any means.. Even just trying to see auras more clearly.. It's like I'm stopped by something. And the harder I try, the stronger this "force" becomes and it feels extremely negative.. I can't really explain it.

The only psychic ability I suspect I may have is empathy. Though I can't control it. High school was terrible because of this; I often skipped classes, locking myself in a restroom stall because it was too overwhelming. Groups of 5 people or more are also too much.. Almost immediately I feel like I'm being drained and just BOMBARDED, and I usually end up with a bad headache.
But I can easily tell who I like or dislike by looking at their eyes. What kind of person they are, etc. Though I'm sure that's not too uncommon.. since in addition to that everyone has a different sort of energy field, or frequency so to speak, around them (I'm totally guessing here). Which is why when there's a big crowd of people, I feel like I'm drowning in a pool of static.

I'd looove to be able to make it rain though... I love storms. They energize me more than anything (and I'm usually really tired 24/7).
I've tried to find out how one controls the weather/wind but I can never find anything.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Sorcha]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't think there is anything watching me right now, at least to my knowledge. I do have this friend, and whenever I'm around him I start feeling bad and all negative-like. He seems like a good person, but who knows. As for the storm stuff, I think I was just able to get it right off the bat because of my prior practice in energy and such. NewThor browse the internet a little for energy techniques, that's how I hit it off. And yes, Levita is a genuis

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I will try energy things. but also today im going to try and chime the wind chime with my windness thing hahaha
so wish me luck..

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassie Clay

Hey there cassie

I think many if no t most people have psychic abilities.

But we are trained out of them.

People who are intrigued by the notion of such powers worry a great deal too much. They will waste part of their life saying to themselves: I wonder if I have a spirit guide? I wonder what his/her name is?" Etc

The fact is, we are here to live our lives, and not to fuss about that so much. But all of us should take a great deal of solace in the fact that when it is necessary - our spirit guides will indeed look out for us.

In Sept 2001 my husband was at University with his friend Jill. When the two of them realized that the Twin Towers were under attack, Jill was hysterical - her brother worked for a brokerage firm above the 88th floor. There was no way he'd ever get out alive. My husband got her to go home early for the day - she was just too grief stricken to handle it.

The next day, at school she was fine. HER BROTHER HAD NOT DIED BECAUSE HE NEVER WENT IN TO WORK ON 9/11!!

Apparently he had woken up at his usual time on Sept 11th. He announced to his family that he was sick and could not go in. And everyone pestered him -ws it the flu? A cold? A headache? A stomach ache? To which he replied, No. No. No. No.

He was told by family to go to work as he should not ruin his perfect attendance record. Instead, he listened to hsi spirit guides and he stayed home.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AHHHHHHBLANK!!!no! it erased! Jerk! Nyah! Umm, I am so sorry, but now you have no name... Sorry, person who spoke of empathy...True Dephi.

It is an interesting idea that every one would be preprogrammed with "powers"--abilities-- since i am doing a mass reply, i forgot already, but i believe you were the one to comment on empathy? It sounds as if you have a strong case of it. I can't tell what type of people... people are, so well...
But then, I have had inadequate practice with tat type of discernment. I'll tell you what. I don't know that ALL of "us" are pre-made with abilities- infact i do think that there are many made entirely without any. But it certainly is a small world. I once had a teacher, in my school, who was a known psychic. She said she had the same problem with thoughts, and that she usually put up layers of shielding. I would say you should start to learn this, one way or another. (Not just any way, though...) Do some searching.

reply to post by Sorcha

On the subject of shadows, they do seek to hold "us" back. All negatives will try to do something to hold the positives back. It is just the way things work. You try opening one door for knowledge, (auric sight for instance, going back to DfD's inquiry earlier) you get a big fat demon staring you in the face!!! (!)... ~! It works this way: There are always forces out there, cunning forces. They try to trick, decieve, and stop the passage of knowledge through all means available. It occurs with demons, it occurs with living negatives. It just occurs. And there is not a way out until there are no more negatives. But there is a way past challenge after challege: to be the stronger one.
The following comment may be thought of as stupid, or -hopefully not- sappy (!)
But the way i know to be the stronger one is to be in touch with the positive force in the universe, in some manner. And know that "~The Force Be With You~" (Sorry, i had to~) This doesn't mean go out, learn a bunch of psychic stuff, open doors, get scared, and then cry out the name of Jeeeeeezusss! with all your fright. It means you have extra defense depending on the sincerity in belief, and it just puts you on the right side. Now talking about religion is embarrassing me, so it's tempting to erase, but NO! It's staying here, dagnabbit! The idea is though, that just the sincere, serious knowledge that, well, "the force be with you" would take away fear. Confidence, and knowledge that there is extra fire keeping you going (religion is so embarassing to talk about for me. It all just sounds so d*** sappy...) Anyway, I'm NOT next going to pull out a bible and fling it at anyone, that is just my thought on the idea.

reply to post by New Thor and DoomedforDeath

Thanks guys. Really, yes, i can reccomend somethings. Newthor, i think DfD is onto something. Learning how to percieve energy would help you. I wouldn't be able to find a good link for exercises (or figure out to put it up cause i'm not thee most informed technology person), but meditation would also help. Learning to percieve- to feel- energy, to give, to take (but not too much, there are those out there who develop actual artificial dependencies! --not me--) ~but just to be able to manipulate energy, it opens a door. I have a friend who learned to do both of these- energy perception and making storms. She tells me of the rains that come about when she's down- and otherwise, when she wills them. (Don't ask for proof, skeptics, unless you'd like to experiment with this and prove it yourself~) I reccomend meditation to focus your will. You would need a strong one to get far, as with any psionic ability.
DfD, energy control? As in, to keep good energy levels? To unlock the energy within? Do tell me if i am wrong... But it sounds just a slight bit like a psi thing. ~I am not making any accusation, just commenting~ if that is the case, you know there is a great swell of energy in the base chakra called kundalini. I would reccomend that if you need to unlock energy from within, to have more and keep yourself at an adequate level, to study chakras and perception of energy during meditation in general.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Levita]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yeah sorry that was horrible wording on my part. Right now I am focusing myself on some of this storm stuff and more on temperature. I would love to learn more and more about the chakra and how to open them all but I still trying to find out, how do you know when kundalini is awake or just got awakened? There are no places in my area that can help me and the libraries are dead on information. I tried the internet but of course that works about 1/4 of the time.
I don't want to force the chakra because I heard forcing it too hard can be bad, so I guess I will just keep on meditating until I hear back from someone hehehe.

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join