It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Me again. I figured out that extreme concentration actually has an effect on nature. I think it is because the brain waves react with the enviroment. Also, I figure out that when I am angry I can levitate and control any mineral or metal. Weird, huh.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
atlscribe, thank you for that detailed description of something completely off topic of what we are talking about

I have recently been focusing on how I might be able to feeze thing or make them colder, and have made a little progress. Lately when I get emotional people around me say it has gotten colder, and when I focus hard enough I can drop the temperature a few degrees. I have tested this a few times and all seem to work. If anyone has anyhting like this, can I get info on how to control it better?
And Levita I would love to hear your conclusion, because I have yet to find one hehehe

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlscribe

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by bratok

hey i just stumbled on this site by accident but i think its a really good site.
u have no special powers that i know of and consider myself a normal person, however i was wondering how to find out if i do have any powers and how to develop them

Don't waste your time with fairytales and the paranormal.

There are real-life special abilities you can develop such as kindness, tolerance, magnanimity, frogiveness, charity etc.

WHAT was THAT?!!!
Real life special abilities? Charity? HOW is that a "sp. ability"?!!
What the heck! I am SORRY but that is just a lame answer!!!

That did not sound smart, it sounded stupid, and if you're not "wasting time" with the paranormal at least, what are you doing in a superpowers thread? You know you just technically put yourself in the same boat.

And while there are too many people coming to this site expecting to gain instant knowledge of extraordinary superpowers in the blink of an eye instead of taking a real look at what they can do, or starting the learning process on their own, what kind of an answer is that? No, any sensible person would not come here, to take what each person says as automatic absolute fact, and jump off a building thinking they're going to fly. Automatically. Because they asked for a quick answer on how they can get their hands on some quick super powers.

Well, it is silly this "I can do nothing and i am completely normal, so tell me how do i get superpowers!" But what kind of an answer is that? Compassion for one is nothing "special". It is a thing that humans are capable of but often don't show. There is nothing about any of those that makes them special abilities, and that is just a rediculous answer.

Although i AM surprised no one has told these people yet to jump in a vat of radioactive waste. Maybe then someone would mutate into Octopus person!!! (WOOSH! And tackle the dastardly villains with their gooey goopy tentacles!!!)

Rediculousness aside, i suppose it is still negative that the people come right on over here and say "I want powers tell me how to get them", instead of seeking knowlege and learning on their own, and going dowb the right path for them. That is irritating. But then still, what makes forgiveness for example, anything special.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Levita]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomedfordeath

Oh, and your chilling ability is you sucking the energy out of an area. Negative emotions are negative energy in a form, and they take positive energy (warmth) to balance the negativity out in bits. Taking the warmth can be done willfully, and it can work for a few degrees. If you wanted to be mean, you could dress up elaborately, chill an area extremely, and rig the area enough, finally appearing to scare someone, making them think you were an evil spirit/ ghost. Man, that would be funny... Although seeing as many ghosts are seen translucent when in full-body forms, that might be hand to pull off. (Such a funny idea though...
that would be some Halloween.)
Anyway, the way i would say you could strengthen this ability is to learn some manipulation of energy, and keep practicing. Heat is a form of energy...

Anyway, now I feel rediculous! (I thought you, Doomedfordeath, were requesting an answer from the thread laconic put up a link to. That was why i said the answer would be up shortly.I just got everything mixed up) So at long last, the explanation of shadow vermin?
Also commonly called "shadowmen" or "shadow people" they are a type of vicious demon (as far as i am concerned) with an extremely negative taste for human fear and despair otherwise. Capable of physical, dream, and astral attack, they appear in a myriad of different colors and forms. They are by the way, not two dimensional or made by "human beings", which is why i said previously "human BEING nothing!!"; they are their own form. They are sometimes thought of as thoughtforms or other things, but my conclusion is that they are nothing more than predators made of nothing more than sheer negativity, hateful black, (white, red, or gray) holes. They are slithering diseases, which attack people and take their fear.
There are other things that are in some ways similar. There are psis who take the energy from more "normal" people. They are living people who have adapted amazing ability to keep a different energy system running. But they're not the same. Neither are the other types of demons, meddlers and parasites who just hate. Shadows are pure negativity just as well, but they don't just go for people's fear. Shadows are unique and generally can be very dangerous. They are nothing more etherial predators, pesky vermin! (Whew. Now, how's that for a conclusion?)

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Levita]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
people should not talk about these and you people know why

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I am here. I am ananymous because I do not wish for people to know who I am. I have only one gift. Telekenesis an I am in full control. I can move anything that I could lift with my hands, because it requires the same amount of energy. I will andmit that it is hard to move things, because they drain not only the energy it would require to lift them with my arms, but also the energy it takes to move them with my mind. Anyone who claims to be able to do telekenesis without energy loss is fake. The laws of work and energy still apply. The only thing is, you can do work remotely. I will never allow for testing to be done, and I will not publicly disblay my abilities. I simply want people to know that i am here, and this is real. If you dont believe me that is fine. I only want to get rid of common misconceptions. As I mentioned before, telekenesis takes the same amout of energy as it would take to move the object manually, plus a little more. Telekenesis is NOT effortless. Also there is an explanation as to why the object moves. Nothing happens magically. Physics are still in play. The atoms are still affected by gravity and other natural forces, and are only being moved by the atoms around them. Telekenesis is a wave. A wave is a transfer of energy between atoms. Anyone gifted with telekenesis can send energy out of their body, and through the air into another object. The waves contain enough energy to force movement in the object, which is why it takes the same energy as it would to move it manually. The extra energy is required to send out the waves. In addition to the wave theory, it IS possible for these waves to be picked up. If you can send the correct form of wave you could do things like alter radio waves to play any song you want, but in order to do so you must first know what the waves of that song are like, as in what their frequency, wavelength etc. You may even be able to create sound waves and direct them only to certain people. Altering and creating detectable waves is far too advanced for most people. Even I cannot do so, but these things are all possible. I hope my explanations have been enough to convince people, and get rid of any misconceptions. Any one who claims that telekenesis is simply "magic" or anything like that, is indeed a fake.

Please people. Listen to me. We are out there. You just need to believe. Anyone can harness these powers. Humans were designed to have them. You just need to control them.

Thank you for listening everybody and I hope I have cleared everything up.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by royalkingmeaux

Because then you're exposing yourself as non-normal, right? Is it because anyone who even talks about "powers" on THIS specific website is going to end up a government science experiment someday?!!!! Gaaaaaasp! Nah. They couldn't contain that many people, could they? But then, i'm just messing around. I'm not much of a government theorist. Just one on almost everything else. Guess i better watch out, seeing as- gasp- i have more than one post in this thread!

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Levita, I must thank you. Since you told me about how the cold thing had to do with energy, I have begun a long process of training myself in the art of energy manipulation. I wasn't fond of just using the negative aspect, so I have been focusing on both positive and negative, and have made much progress. Also, I have recently started training my mind to see auras using chakra. People interested in supernatural abilities I urge you learn some of this, it is great for both the mind and body, physically and mentally if thats putting it any better.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Aww, no problem. The positive emotions idea is a creative idea. I wouldn't have thought of that myself. I would have thought of doing so neutrally and negatively, but somehow, not positively, and i am a positive. It's really funny in that way. And good going on gaining the determination to learn the aura sight. But i must also urge you to learn some shielding then as well. When i opened my eyes the first time to see the auras, i opened them to see not just them, but in general, and saw scariness. There are those vermin i was speaking of "out there"; and you will need proper protection, and knowledge that you have the ability to protect yourself. If you can see it, you can block it. (Though that could sound much better~actually, that's wrong. If it's there, you can shield from "it".)
I wish you well.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Levita]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
[edit on 2-7-2008 by Jownathown]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I like to realise this is all bull#.

None of this happens or will happen, stop hoping.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I don't need to hope, because it has already happened, and it is real. Choose to gain such talents or not my friend, but do not bring your negativity to this site. And way to spell realize wrong

Oh and the shielding was a good idea, because once I started getting better at seeing auras, I could see all the baddies too.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Seriously, i've been through this cycle myself and i realised how stupid it all is.

Look back, you'll see my posts when i felt the same as you, whatever.

Ok there are some unexplained things, but a lot of these powers come by hypersensitivity and imagination.

Oh, and i'm not American, you spell it realize we spell it realise, who really gives one?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh ok realize realise, my bad hehe. But this isn't "stupid" as you so put it. Because once you become better and better at it you feel so great and it is, if I may, almost a divine feeling. And that is when you know that no matter how many times you tell yourself, "Maybe I'm just imagining it", your heart and guts tell you that it can't get much more realistic than this. And others feel it too when they are around you. They can feel the energy vibrating around you. I also knew how it felt when I was very skeptic and thought that this stuff could never be real, but then I gave it a try saying, why not, and found out that when you put your devotion and soul into this, it will bring you the same energy back.

As Albert Einstein once said, "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Yes, the "baddies" as you put it, they will do all they can. It seems to me- though i draw it from limited experience with the ones you learn to see with auric sight because i learned shielding and regularly just keep them away by that- but it seems they like to take advantage of this, out seeing them. But why wouldn't they? "They" would take advantage of the absence of sight, so why not take advantage in some way of its presence?
So i suppose in the end that comment's a nothing. But good job. It does never help to doubt. Things like these can actually be dismissed as hypersensitivity, but sometimes "we" need to notice every little thing in the very beginning, in order to get anywhere. It is a stepping stone. And i must say beyond that, that no we don't just "hope" to be able to do things like this, but dismissal of hopes for new discoveries never helps. Keep going, Doomedfordeath!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I was the same as you, denying all the people trying to say it's not real, it took me 9 months to understand, from when i joined this site, and you both joined in '08, so we'll see how long it takes you too.

I'd like someone to prove me wrong, and not write me any more stories, but i don't think it's gonna happen.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, let me just say that you probably didn't give it enough time. I have practiced every day for about a month and can see myself getting better. You see, the problem with most people is they don't realize the potential is themselves. If you were to take the time, research and apply things, then you would know for certain that we are all gifted.

This goes to all the people on this thread that keep saying "Prove me wrong". Shut up, and maybe actually try some of this. I shouldn't have to prove anything. Prove yourself wrong. Take some time out of your day complaining on forums just because you can to go to a library and research. Heck, go online and research this stuff I don't care, but if you aren't going to say something productive like how is your progress then just stop wasting so much time on a forum that you could care less about.

Levita I'm kind of noticing that some of these bad things are attempting to find ways around the shielding myself, it's weird, but I will keep you informed on anything unusual I see.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

They will do that.They will do that in as many ways as possible, even trying to find ways when you have no ways left in through the shields. You just need to be stronger. Do not fall for any of their tricks.
And by the way, i wouldn't argue with the doubting one. There is no pupose to it. Let him doubt, and we will continue progressing. I for one, have enough proof for myself, and don't need to proove anything to anyone else. If we fall to the same doubts, shame on us in the futures. But i don't plan on falling.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The Astral City

I actually control the weather.
im not very good at it yet but this week i made it rain on friday
and then today it was overcast then i got angry so it started raining then i was happy and there wasnt a cloud in the sky then i got angry again and it went back to over cast
so clearly my emotions affect my powers.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yeah emotions I think play a huge role in controlling your powers. And it rained in my area too, well maybe we live near each other because the rain was acting weird where I was. I would love to hear more from you whenever you get the chance. Don't stop practicing!

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join