It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaharda
I've been wondering about this forever i don't know if you would classify it as super powers but i can see and chage the color and shape of an aure and see them realy easly
Zaharda(;

It sounds like you may have Synesthesia. You may want to get it diagnosed to confirm.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by atlscribe]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Me and my friend think we have pshycic bond, and we have some pshycic powers too. We always think the same things at the same time and we have done other phsycic things. Does anyone know how we can hone our skills and try and develop more telekenises.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by omg aliens are so real
Me and my friend think we have pshycic bond, and we have some pshycic powers too. We always think the same things at the same time and we have done other phsycic things. Does anyone know how we can hone our skills and try and develop more telekenises.

Having a psychic rapport with another individual has nothing to do with telekinesis. Secondly, you've probably been around your friend so long that you've adopted similar type traits. It happens.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I recently found out that my vision things are showing things that have happened in the past, not mine but of others. Does anyone else have this sort of thing?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlscribe

Originally posted by omg aliens are so real

Having a psychic rapport with another individual has nothing to do with telekinesis. Secondly, you've probably been around your friend so long that you've adopted similar type traits. It happens.

Weve only known each other for 1 and two thirds years. And, as i said, we have both done weak physcic things.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have my own stand on super-powers. If you've ever watched that show on NBC, Heroes, the characters on the show all have an "enhanced human ability".

Some of the abilities in the show include Peter's empathic mimicry, which allows him to connect with people on a mental level, and due to the powers being in the brain, he can duplicate them.

Another example could be Sylar's telekinesis which allows him to move objects with his mind.

Thing is, and I'm not really that smart (I'm only 16), I hear humans only use 10% or less of their brains. Perhaps if we were somehow able to unlock at extra 90% or maybe even another 10% we may be able to do extraordinary things such as empathic mimicry or telekinesis.

I'm just a teenager with a retarded life, so that is what I'm hoping for.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
just to clear things up

moving things wasnt sylars original ability

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
if you guys want to know about what humans are really capable of ...go find and read this book

Faces in the smoke : an eyewitness experience of voodoo, shamanism, psychic healing, and other amazing human powers by Douchan Gersi

www.amazon.com...

High adventures in the Twilight Zone, by a successful documentary filmmaker. Gersi, producer and director of the PBS series Explore, has spent most of his life poking around earth's most obscure corners, observing--and filming--its most exotic cultures. After a rudimentary introduction to the cosmology of the inhabitants of these Third- or Fourth-World areas (Gersi calls them ``people of tradition''), he settles down to tell us what he's seen. His findings astound: either Gersi is a world-class liar or the Marco Polo of the supernatural. In the Philippines, a man removes, heals, and replaces a woman's left ovary using only his fingers. In Brazil, a surgeon performs open-brain surgery with a hammer and chisel while lightning bolts flash from his chest. In northern Africa, Gersi visits the Tuareg, ``the lords of this universe of desolation, sands, and stone,'' and watches dumbfounded as a shaman, reading signs in sand, recites key events of Gersi's past and future life. Gypsies, Kurds, Namibians, Nepalese--all reveal their magic--or their tricks. But the real payoff comes in Haiti, where Gersi witnesses levitation, possession, and, most incredibly, a member of a society of ``flying men'' who repeatedly passes through a solid wall by dematerialization. What of the living dead, you ask? ``I often stumbled upon a zombie who was going back to his home from his master's fields,'' our wide-eyed narrator remarks. Rationalists will tear their hair over this one, but for those willing to swallow their incredulity, it offers a slick roller- coaster ride into the unknown, made more impressive by Gersi's straight-man sincerity and the occasional corroboration of third- party observers. A classic of psychic adventure, even better than John Keel's 1957 ground-breaker, Jadoo. -- Copyright ©1991, Kirkus Associates, LP. All rights reserved.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Investigate Milarepa-a Tibetan saint that could fly about 1,000 years ago.

Also investigate the Mahasiddhas-siddhi means extraordinary powers in Sanskrit.
These yogis lived over 1,000 years ago in India and some could not only fly but walk on water,
leave footprints in stone, walk through walls,
awaken the dead, have zombies carry their luggage, and transform into animals, etc...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I have my own stand on super-powers. If you've ever watched that show on NBC, Heroes, the characters on the show all have an "enhanced human ability".

Some of the abilities in the show include Peter's empathic mimicry, which allows him to connect with people on a mental level, and due to the powers being in the brain, he can duplicate them.

Another example could be Sylar's telekinesis which allows him to move objects with his mind.

Thing is, and I'm not really that smart (I'm only 16), I hear humans only use 10% or less of their brains. Perhaps if we were somehow able to unlock at extra 90% or maybe even another 10% we may be able to do extraordinary things such as empathic mimicry or telekinesis.

I'm just a teenager with a retarded life, so that is what I'm hoping for.

There are ways. The mind is awakened as the chakras are opened. If one is meant to have abilities, this i believe, is the way to find them.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Telepathic communication is weird. Heres how you do it, think about a thought when looking at someone. It will instantly come to their mind but they will proceed it as a thought that randomly came to their mind. Well they will think its a random thought coming to their mind. Heres something that was weird that happened to me. I was looking at a caramel rapper. I flicked it will no feeling or sound and it flew off the table and then it instantly appeared and I flicked it again and it did the exact same thing as it did in my mind but this time I could feel it and hear it and it physically went off the table. I was like WTF?!?!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

yea i am starting my own little journey. I am still trying to gain knowledge on the chakras and mediations...i heard that there are 7 chakras but now i am reading that there are 8, and maybe even 13....are these the key to psychic stuff?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Open the main seven first. They could be considered "most important"- the others are important too, and yes there are more than these. Possibly hundreds. But then, I know not much at all. I'm not by any consideration a chakra expert. Ask me about shadows or vampire myhtology. I know more about either of those.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I love how most people on ATS are super humans, yet I find no super humans in my day to day life. Who are you guys trying to impress on the internet?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I didn't say anything about "superhumanism". I'm speaking about chakras and mentioning mythology. how is that trying to make ANY sort of impression? Find me a post in this thread, of someone saying "I am a super human! Super human away! It's a bird! It's a plane! IT's SUPERHUMAN!!!"

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
People may think they have amazing abilities, but the ones that truly do wont say anything. I have experienced so many coincidences that could POSSIBLY be labeled as amazing, or powerful, but I dont think I was in control of any of it. The real amazing part of all of this is how many people that are reading this that actually do have some sort of gift... I mean, manipulating energy? I wonder if people that say that actually know what theyre talking about. I will tell you that there are people out there that can do things, but there is a reality about this forum: most of the people writing here claiming to be amazing are just reaching out because there is a yearning to be special in all of them. Turning out street lights? Yes, its possible, but you wont be able to control it. Empathy and being able to spot evil people? We can all have our hunches, doesnt mean theyre right. Sensing demons and evil spirits by pains in our body? Well, sensing them isnt the amazing thing, if you can identify that there is actually a demon there in the first place, that would require more explanation.

You all have something amazing to unlock, but I wouldnt go as far as saying that any of you have done so. The door is there and youre knocking at it, but I regret to say that most people that claim it, cant prove it. Just think of all of the ones that can do amazing things that arent laying claim to them...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

And how would you know this? (your info on telepathic communications)

Plus, how did the wrapper just get off the floor??

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

But how would you know it would appear in their minds, as if it was one of their thoughts? Do they say the thought then? Can you read minds?

That would really stink to be a mind reader, actually. Think about it. You'd know it all, but everyone around would still be dense. I imagine it would be very frustrating.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I agree with Anonymous ATS, and for those of you who don't believe what is said on here, no body wants to hear that. Try to be encouraging, because we might be right. What if mankind is ready for another breakthrough? Who knows? The only way to find out is to try.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomedfordeath
I agree with Anonymous ATS, and for those of you who don't believe what is said on here, no body wants to hear that. Try to be encouraging, because we might be right. What if mankind is ready for another breakthrough? Who knows? The only way to find out is to try.

Sooo many people on ATS just seem to conveniently have these special powers, right?

Too many people here are living in a fantasy world, and are desperate for attention and a need to feel like they're special, but their lives are basically one huge sad ball of delusion and self-aggrandizement.

I can't wait till this thread is finally locked.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join