It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Then you'll always find me in your way.

To: Observigant thank you for telling me your experiences, i will continue to find the way that is best for me.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
but i am more important, you can choose to believe it or not, not my business
we have these powers to use them, to become gods on this earth, to control everyone, that is why i hate it when someone who thinks he is smart come on and tries to dis us out,
it is clear to see what side i have chosen (relating to past posts) the question is what side will the rest of you take?
i guess im the villain of this story...

Tankthinker, dear, no. These powers aren't here to place us on a pedestal. We were given these powers so that we can use them to change the world, not to overcome it. We need to change it for the better, not make it worse by having some tyrant like yourself try and take it over. Don't start another World War just because you think your better than everyone else. It'll only end with you lower than you ever thought possible. Now if your here to help the world in the goodness of it, which from what I've seen is not the case, than please you are welcome to become chosen to rule. But if you force yourself upon the throne, nothing good will come from it. For anyone, even you. It is not a matter of choosing sides, no one needs to do that. It's a matter of what you YOURSELF choosing for YOURSELF, you can't decide the fate of others, you put yourself in the places you go. So sure, call yourself the villian, but if your the villian, and I'm against you, does that make me the good guy? Not necessarily. We've all done villianous things but that doesn't make us bad people. Tankthinker, all I'm saying is that you need to decide what you want more, the world against you, or with you, because by the way your behaving now, there won't be many who join you. Don't become the next Adolf Hilter or Osama. Because right now, your on a straight rode to their fate.

Originally posted by Corum
Wow, in your post you have included more insults than anyone on the thread, that a very high horse you sit on but you show yourself to be a hypocrite. I directly challange anyone who claims they have ''super powers'' to prove it, which should be easy in this day and age.
Now, did you not read my last post? I said I was leaving the thread and even wished everyone good luck. So why you and Tankthink (or is that Superman) had to drag it on I don't know.

Insults that were necessary to the topic. Do not try to lash back at me with the hypocricy statement, it won't work. I was not hypocritical because AS I STATED, I was telling you those things because it was a necessity to what you were doing which was throwing out insults to all of us from the beginning, before anyone even said anything to you. That is hypocricy not what I said. And if you still don't agree with me, try looking up in the dictionary what hypocricy means. Find some examples maybe. Educate yourself.
Do not challenge us to prove ourselves because that is a sad challenge. If you are so quick minded and witty then why don't you prove your bravery somewhere else because it is not wanted here. Your attitude is tearing down this thread into nothing but hatred and insults. This used to be a helpful thread, something people could come to with troubles so that they could get direct help and here you come poisoning it with your idiocy. And if you so wished that this conversation not be dragged on you would have left this thread and refused to reply back, no matter the comments that followed your last post. So very obviously, this is exactly what you wanted. So if you are not yet satisfied with the horrid results you have caused please restrain yourself from replying ever again. Do us all a favor and keep your word, stay away from this thread just as you said you would.

Thank you,
Observigent

Also, to all that apply:
Do not fall for Corum's trickery. You have no reason to prove yourselves to him. He does not deserve to have accepters for his "challenge." Stray from doing so. He cannot help you, ignore his jeers.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Harrr, feisty, no need for that level of hostility is there? surely we can be civil to at least a certain degree in our exchanges can't we?
If you can't control your temper then you have no chance of controlling your alleged super powers, I'd say.

I'm curious, have you made a costume?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
In my eyes Hitler was a great man, i will have many followers, there are many other ways to take the world then just by military force,

and how old are you observigent you keep referring to me as if i am much younger then you

the world will be mine one way or another

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I have demonstrated on at least five occasions the ability to "guess" the next card in playing pack.My method is simple, I place the palm of my hand on the deck, close my eyes, clear my mind, and let the cards "speak to me" visually.I'm not allways spot on, but have been on many times.It allways frieks me out when I get it right! try it! . I believe that as much as we are on our own journey in life. the "powers that be" have aided us all with our own special "powers".
This is my first post on ats, and I am thrilled to be here.......the skribe

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
tankthinker, at first i thought you were just arrogant, but now this is rediculous.

Stop idolising yourself. To me you seem like an eleven year old who's been reading too many comics. You obviously think yourself dramatic and daring, but you are probably just a stupid little kid who thinks it's fun to post rubbish on the internet. The line about 'Hitler is my idol' was classic, you think you're some powerful terrorist. I would advise you to leave these forums before you get banned.

Corum, this board is about accepting other's thoughts, and putting points forward. It is not a place where you can utterly dismiss others thoughts and opinions. And anyway, you say we have no proof of having these powers, but you have no proof of us not having these powers, so i guess the scales are balanced.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JownathownCorum, this board is about accepting other's thoughts, and putting points forward. It is not a place where you can utterly dismiss others thoughts and opinions.

Hello, Jownathown. This board is about finding truth, more than anything else, i.m.o. It's not a place where any old claims are automatically accepted. For anyone to think that people are able to just say something amazing and be believed automatically without question is a bit offensive. ''Most'' people here are not sheep and expect at least something from people who make amazing claims whether it be a picture or a video or something.

And anyway, you say we have no proof of having these powers, but you have no proof of us not having these powers, so i guess the scales are balanced.

Not true, the onus of proof is on the claimant. Although, what I will say is that I am wrong in asking for proof in this particular thread, I read through the thread and realised this a thread for people who already believe this stuff. I'd personally love to know telekinesis and the like is real but if it was it would be proven by now. Anyways, I won't be asking for proof of ability anymore, not in this thread at least.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jownathown
tankthinker, at first i thought you were just arrogant, but now this is rediculous.

Stop idolising yourself. To me you seem like an eleven year old who's been reading too many comics. You obviously think yourself dramatic and daring, but you are probably just a stupid little kid who thinks it's fun to post rubbish on the internet. The line about 'Hitler is my idol' was classic, you think you're some powerful terrorist. I would advise you to leave these forums before you get banned.

Corum, this board is about accepting other's thoughts, and putting points forward. It is not a place where you can utterly dismiss others thoughts and opinions. And anyway, you say we have no proof of having these powers, but you have no proof of us not having these powers, so i guess the scales are balanced.

You're absolutely brilliant, you know? This, to anyone who applies, is my answer as well.

Tankthinker: My age is not your concern, no matter how old or young I may be, I am treating you in the way that you are acting. So if you view me as treating you as a child, then I just might be doing that very thing.

The world has a better chance to ice completely over then to have you as its ruler.

Corum: I am not the one threatening and charging others of falsehood. My temper is contained perfectly. If I was truly furious, you would know. As for my powers, they are controlled precisely. The only time I've ever had them out of hand was in the beginning, now though, they are controlled, as my temper is. Thank you.

And I don't think costumes are a priority in this day in age, so no.

Also, Jownathown is right. His point that it is balanced between knowledge of one another is not leaning in anyone's favor, now is it.

To Skribal: Welcome to the thread, love. We are honestly happy you've decided to join the thread (some of us anyway). I'm sorry if you've not liked what you've read so far. We're in a bit of a temporary quarrel as it is, so don't fret, just keep up the good ideas and helpful hints like you previous post and we'll all be happy to hear it.

And also, concerning your last post, that is actually a very good idea. I will see to it that I try it out. Thank you.

To Jynx13: Sorry I didn't reply to you in my last post. My characters were maxed out by the other occupation. So just saying your very welcome and if you need any more advice on anything just let me know and I'd be thrilled to help. Good luck and keep practicing.

Sincerely to all,
Observigent

[edit on 27-2-2008 by observigent]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
im sorry people this thread is going in roundabouts.

Corum you dont believe us fine im sure your not the only one, but seeing as you have no constructive help advise or other could you please refrain from posting as your just keeping us in a dead thread of speculation. Thank you i hope your not offended but people didnt come here to be doubted we get enough of that

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to observient

thank you for your words, I'm jumping from thread to thread, reading, posting, reading,posting! and I can see allready i'm going to have to keep an eye on where I have been, or I will get lost! maybe bread crumbs will work!
Seriously, If you've ever seen an old man in the street looking worse for wear, and down inside something made you feel sad, theres a power right there!
Empathy is in my mind the strongest power of all, and we have all got it!
Though, I do recall when I was an altarboy at the age of twelve, sitting in church,and there was no wind blowing in, and the candles burning,not flickering,but burning straight up. And I focussed on one candle, just sort of gazing intently,suddenly the particular candle, flickered, flickered again, and then
blew out!!!
OMG I had to bite my tongue to stop me shouting out!
Everything is possible if you only knew how strong you are.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
My only Question, does every single human being have some sort of ability or power, or is there just a select few who have been chosen by whatever cause or need? If its the first one, then how can we possibly unearth, or unlock such ability? I for one, just Have many questions.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Lyfaster, Jesus said if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you could tell that mountain to move and it would do so!
Now, mustard seeds are pretty small! but I guess the first step is to believe,believe in yourself, learn what you are all about, and then maybe you can start to believe in others. Blind faith really is just that, Knowing without needing to know why. If you go off trying to tell trees to fall over without any faith to back you up, you may as well get a chainsaw!
Think about the kind of selfless love someone would need to run into a burning house to rescue someone, i mean really the ability to forget about yourself, and act JUST to help others. For instance, I remember an accident where a very large man was trapped in a burning car and a man came along, a very small man, and he pulled the trapped man out of the car right before it exploded in flames! They were calling it a miracle! Somehow that man found the strengh needed to do this, but when you think about it, where did that strengh really come from? The heart that beats inside of you is the only strengh you will ever have on your own, that is, without god, or love, man does not live on bread alone!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassie Clay

Anything is possible I suppose, just finished looking through the www.emotiv.com website. Mind controlled video games, if you can do that today imagine what else you could do just by using your brain. Please don't take this post as a plug for the company, I feel it is related to this thread, thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

paranormal studies have been done around the world for years, remote viewing for example is working art that militaries have using for some time, it actualy does work to a degree.I recall a film I saw that showed two russian sisters that could cause objects to move by (I know this sounds silly) waving their hands in a circular fashion over the object, something small on a table, and concentrating really HARD!!!
One sister could get a better response from the object then the other but would pass out, from all the concentration!!! they could only do this for a short time and the object would only move a tiny fraction! still it was believable!
I think that these things are not really for our generations just yet. But from what you described, we are moving forwards. However I feel that an electrical implant or devise that allows this, could, in my mind, actually take us away from our ability to adapt, or " learn" our dna, if you know what I mean, still it's a step forward just the same. The main benefit I see straight away is with the disabled and handicapped, look at the possibilities!! that is a good thing, of course the military probly can come up with a million "other" uses, and thats a bad thing, give and take?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
this is kind of scary for me to post this since this is this first time i've really told anyone else but i seem to be able to know what other people can do by looking at them and sometimes hearing their voice. one time a classmate of mine looked really familiar to me and then one day i realized why he did and then the next day he looked like a completely different person he was more mucsular, taller, and started wearing a hat, which is werid because when someone is wearing a hat i can't use this ability.
also one day in school i was waiting for my mom to pick me up and it started snowing and i thought, "could you stop for five minutes." and it did. five minutes later it started snowing again. i said stop again and it did. this went on for about half an hour. and when i picture a thunderstorm in my mind within a few hours will have a rain storm. also, when i was a baby a tornado was coming through our town and coming towards our house when suddenly it just "jumped" over it.
my parents also tell me about how they would put me in my crib when i was a baby and then a few hours later would check on me and i would be gone only to find me somewhere else in the house.
edit: one day (and i think this one can be explained very easily but it still was werid) i was waiting in line and i thought, "did i leave my keys in the car again?" i checked my pockets only to find that my keys were gone. i kept rechecking it because sometimes they get stuck behind something but couldn't find them. i kept checking and checking. i finally started to panic. it then was my turn and i asked my question and while they were looking up some info i reached in my pocket again and right on top were my keys. i probably just missed them all the other times but it still was freaky.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by tinfoilsrule]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well, I think I just saw my pet dog's aura. It was a pink aura on the left side of his body. I think he also entered my dream state once. I feel guilty I don't reciprocate the affection it tries to show me. I treat it like an appliance/furniture/plant.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
A few years ago, there was little chinese girl that dissapeared on her way home from school, I think it was sydney, australia, ( I live on the other side of the country), I have never been outside my state, let alone sydney. I was reading the article and looking at this picture of this pretty little girl, and I remember thinking that I hoped she would be found Ok. So I placed the palms of my hands on her picture and cleared my mind, suddenly I had a very vivid picture in my mind so I opened my eyes and quickly drew it down.
On the paper I drew a river running vertical down the middle, with a BRIDGE in the center, on the left bank, there were trees, and on the the right bank, a large grey metal building with lots of windows, I signed and dated the paper. My mum and brothers were around at the time, and I told them about it and placed the paper on the fridge, and forgot about it.
Three months or more later, unfortunately, her body was found.........
.....jammed in a weir, near a industrial building and bushland!!!!!
The bridge I had drawn, had struts, the weir, had pipes!!!
I was very scared about this and try not to do this anymore, though maybe I should, I think this is either remote viewing or her spirit contacted me because I had conected to her through her picture,
Is there any one else, that can elaberate on this???

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It kind of sounds like remote viewing or that one where people can read an object like a comb and tell where the person is or their character (I can't remember what it was). It could be her spirit contacting you but I am leaning more toward remote viewing or the other one because I've done this too where I have focused on someone or something and saw it. For example, one day I lost my keys so I focused on them and could see that they were in the couch.

edit: You probably should practice it because it'll just get more out of control as your mind tries to tell you to get with the program.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by tinfoilsrule]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilsrule

Yes I believe the same, but I've only ever done it with missing dead people!!
About four times now, and not for a long time, cause it kind of scared me. But maybe I should practice it any way.
This is a "power" that I believe everyone has, but just has to learn to clear their mind which for a while is dificult, but then it comes easy.
I've had lot's of foretelling dreams as well, but I never know what they are about till it happens, so I've decided over the years, that when a dream comes true, it means that I've passed another milestone on my journey in life.
There are lot's of "power" in humanity, but I think we tend to confuse them with sorcery and witchcraft etc After all kids are facinated with magic, but then we teach them that it's not real, and then it stops there. Not that I advocate messing kids minds up with hard to understand stuff, but what if we just started kid's off with meditating, that would't hurt,would it?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
this thread seems to have died can we all try and revive it with help please

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join