It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Have you ever seen Heroes ? an how Peters Power is basically take in powers, Is that possible ? i mean a couple weeks back i walked past some psychic's in a mall an after that ive had vivid dreams could that be possible ?

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The abilities of the likes of kim peak & daniel tammett are the "natural" super powers humans have and even that is extremely rare; the megasavants.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Chers to the guy who said he experienced what im going through

it seems my ability and control has grown over the years.

To the pyrokenisis guy i also find emotions affect the control i have and when im practising i listen to music as that seems to enhance my control

Id like to know more about your experiences as we both seem to have elemental abilitys

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeroSyn
Thanks Dude another wierd fing is i have a burn on my arm lol but its healed into a flame symbol lol the other day i went out to a party an had my arm against a candle i didnt feel it burning intill my friend told me lol is it possible if u can manipulate fire can it heal yoouu ?

NeroSyn:
That is an interesting statement. I would assume though that having the fire manipulation ability it would be probable that you are immune to feeling it's burn... but as for fire having healing powers, not so much, no. I've heard many strange things before that turned out to be truer than expected but from experiments and tested theories fire can be used to make things, but it cannot heal skin, no matter what power that person may have. Manipulation and healing are two completely different things. It is highly unlikely that this could ever be possible, especially with one possessing the fire manipulation ability. Also, concerning the idea of Heroes and how Peter could "soak up" other powers, I have never heard of someone with this. I have in face seen people trade bits of their power with one another. I in fact tried an experiment and accidentally traded pieces of our abilities with each other. But just by walking by a fortune teller shop, I don't think so. There may in fact be someone like that, yes, but even if they did, it would probably not be that strong at first, especially without them actually knowing that they have that certain ability. It would first be very weak or just happen at random times. Try sticking with the fire manipulation for now. Then work up to other things, if you try too many things at once nothing may work anymore, so take it slow and just be patient. Eventually you will move on to bigger things, your powers just need to be triggered first. For me, my powers weren't "turned on" strongly until I experimented with them in a extreme way. It was very overpowering and since then I have been able to do really anything I like with them. Which can be quite fun.

So patience and it will come to you. Just keep practicing.

hurricane_tornado:
I like you music idea, that's a good way to practice. Hats off to you for thinking of that.

Truly,
Observigent

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
3 scenarios:

A. These powers are real, in which case get us proof, no excuses please.

B. Self delusion, you believe it's real but it's not. You will probably wake up from this unreality one day.

C. You know it's not real but want attention and want to feel special, creating a sort of online alter-ego does the job for you.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
sorry cant provide proof, because mine is hard to control so either go away or tell us one of your powers please

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
as i've said im quite happy to proove it im just wondering what proof you would except?

as i said i cant blow a car over or anything amazing like that but i can easily blow my hat off my head, blow leaves or rubbish that are in my path away i can change direction of the wind but if i filmed any of this would youi believe it or would you just say coicedense or trickery.

I understand some people will be sceptical but its taken me a year to relise what this really is and deal with it in my own head let alone proove it to another. Im not into magics and the paranormal unlike some people hear and im envious of the knowlege thy have as i dont have a clue how or why i can do what i can do all im asking for is help not an arguement

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by observigent

sorry i haven't been on in a really long time.
i was wondering what it was that you did to trigger your abilities? i am having a very difficult time with my abilities right now and cannot seem to really trigger them, it is extremely frustrating
thanks

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
sorry cant provide proof, because mine is hard to control so either go away or tell us one of your powers please

My power is that I can sniff out bullshi**ers, and you are one of them. You don't have the authority to tell anyone to go away, so don't bother doing it.

Hurricane, if you really can do what you say you can and you want help then get yourself to your nearest university and get some controlled experiments done, this way you will obtain proof of ability and may get help with it too.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Everyone is psychic. It's not a special gift. It's an ability some people choose to use, have an accidental or natural aptitude for, or reject it all together.
We all have abilities if you open your mind up to it and for those who say it does not exist or it is impossible, for those skeptics then yes, it will be impossible for you to tap into your natural abilities because you have closed your mind to the possibility.
I believe that this is an evolutionary phase for mankind. Look at all the young people who claim to have such abilities. We call them the Indigo children. The "Indigo' generation will become parents and will teach their children of the possibilities and we as humans will evolve. I believe that we as humans will communicate far less with our words and far more with our minds in the not too distant future. This evolutionary phase for man will result in many benefits like knowing what evil deeds our government is up to. Everyone will have to be far more truthful because those that try to deceive will be found out and exposed. I think it is a way for us as humans to evolve to a higher level of conscience and live peacefully in the world and the universe...

[edit on 23-2-2008 by iamcanadian2]

[edit on 23-2-2008 by iamcanadian2]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Thanks For the Answers
. Lately ive been Mucking around with fire an speshly with candles. An now i think! i can control its heat Output like a normal basic candle melted in about 2mins in stead of 2hours im pretty proud of tht haha. I just get my ipod chuck it on a evil sounding song such as "Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People" An Jus Focus all what im feeling on the one source haha so im 98% sure that Rage is My Trigger So i gotta watch my temper . but im wondering what if it can consume me ?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeroSyn
Thanks For the Answers
. Lately ive been Mucking around with fire an speshly with candles. An now i think! i can control its heat Output like a normal basic candle melted in about 2mins in stead of 2hours im pretty proud of tht haha. I just get my ipod chuck it on a evil sounding song such as "Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People" An Jus Focus all what im feeling on the one source haha so im 98% sure that Rage is My Trigger So i gotta watch my temper . but im wondering what if it can consume me ?

yeah that sort of music helps me too thats what i was talking about. Do you find epic music e.g evenesence, night wish works well?
I find picturing what i want the wind to do in mind then trying to make it happen works well. Do you find gestures work? I for instance can move the direction of the wind easier if i move it with my hands and mind.

To the person who told me to go to a university, have you ever thought it might be scary i mean your being preety hostile and thats only over the internet maybe some of us dont want to tell other people bacuse they will think we're mad and not give us a chance. Im quite happy to prove to you annonomously my ability but i doubt you have any information of benifit to me. If your too closed minded to have a bit of faith in another human being please keep your unhelpful coments to yourself, i came here for help not doubt.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So you are asking me to believe you on faith alone? Here you are on the internet making extraordinary claims about being able to control wind with only your mind, something that seems truly impossible, and you ask me to believe just because I should have a bit of faith in my fellow man? Only the truly gullible would believe this without question. Seriously, Hurricane, if you make amazing claims you are going to get questions and doubt, and that's how it should be.

You said I was being hostile in my previous post but you'll notice the mild hostility I did show was in response to the disrespect that Tankthink showed me, I always show respect until disrespect is shown to me.

My mind is open to a healthy degree so please don't pull the ''closed minded'' card on me. I'm willing to entertain the 'possibilty' that these powers are real but if you expect me (or most other people) to believe you will have to summon up the guts to get those controlled experiments I was talking about set up. Saying that you are scared of what might happen is a total cop out because if you or anyone was found to have these amazing abilities the world would celebrate you.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I expect a lot of disbelief but not on a forum like this. I am asking you to belive on the details given previously on this thread. Belief is being gullible

I am pulling no card i just believe this isnt the place for people to doubt others we're all probably unsure of what we believe we can do

I'm sorry but im not going to publicly broadcast my powers not only due to the fact that there not advanced enough to be outstanding yet but because i do not want to be ridiculed. Can you imagone what would happen to a person in the media.I'm afriad i dont agree these abilitys would be celebrated i believe you would be feared.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hurricane_tornado
I'm afriad i dont agree these abilitys would be celebrated i believe you would be feared.

Hey now, where is that faith in fellow man you were talking about a few posts earlier?

Anyhow, it's probably a good time for me to leave the thread now so good luck all.

(hope no one is making me want to leave the thread using mind powers!!!!!only kidding
)

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corum
My power is that I can sniff out bullshi**ers, and you are one of them. You don't have the authority to tell anyone to go away, so don't bother doing it.

Hurricane, if you really can do what you say you can and you want help then get yourself to your nearest university and get some controlled experiments done, this way you will obtain proof of ability and may get help with it too.

wow you think you are so clever but you are really are s**pid

i have the right to tell you to go away because i am more important then your sorry soul will ever imagine, you have no right to post that we are lying, for that matter you dont have the right to breath

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker

wow you think you are so clever but you are really are s**pid

i have the right to tell you to go away because i am more important then your sorry soul will ever imagine, you have no right to post that we are lying, for that matter you dont have the right to breath

tankthinker, you need to watch your temper. This is the internet, and a nice part of it, not a wrestling arena.

You don't have the right to tell anyone to go away, because you aren't more important than anyone else on this board, and neither is he or I.

We want to discover things here, and develop things, not end up having arguments, so please, keep the disagreements to a civilized conversation, for the better of everyone else.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Corum: We do not have to provide proof of our abilities to anyone, especially you of all people. This forum is to help answer our questions and to gain knowledge of what we do not know. It is not a bloody competition and it should never become one. No one here is trying to deceive anyone else and if they are, that is fine because they do not do it in a harmful way such as you are coming at. Also, even f we wanted to, some of us can't provide proof because of circumstance and that just needs to be excepted.

Hurricane_tornado: You don't need to prove anything. We believe you. Don't fall for Corum's rancid tricks. By the way he's acting you should be avoiding his rants and not encouraging them. Anyone who needs to have proof of what we can do, that badly, and with a violent tone, can obviously not be trusted. The people helping you believe you, and that's all that matters. Don't let Corum boss you into something not needed, sweet.

Jynx13: Well, it happened in stages... The first though, that really got it going was because of an experiment I tried with a friend from another state. We tried to send emotions, or feelings, to each other telepathically. His try worked, surprisingly to both of us. But then something went wrong and he started blacking-out from trying to find me. Then I, in a frenzy of worry, tried to summon all the power I could to just try and do the first thing that came to mind, which was transfer his pain to myself. (dumb idea). So, scarily, it worked, but in the process we think we switched pieces of our abilities. Later, after all of this, we tried another experiment. I tried to send thoughts to him. He, to my amazement, said that he could "feel me" as in feel my presence, my aura, something, with him. He said it was very strong. He knew it was me because it was the same feeling he got when he found me the first time to send me emotions. So, as you can see, this isn't a convenience for many people. Everyone is going to have a differnt way that they peak. You just have to keep experimenting and trying. It works best, I find, when a lot of emotion is put into it. Good luck!

Corum: There is no such ability as to "sniffing out 'bullsh**ers' " Tankthinker may not have the authority to dismiss you from the thread but if you do keep up these horrid comments we can easily get someone to dismiss you from the thread. So try to keep your foul tongue behind your teeth from now on. Also, stop trying to pressure Hurricane into falling into your trap. I can see right through you and it's horribly obvious that you're up to no good. And again, "I always show respect until disrespect is shown to me."

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wow, in your post you have included more insults than anyone on the thread, that a very high horse you sit on but you show yourself to be a hypocrite. I directly challange anyone who claims they have ''super powers'' to prove it, which should be easy in this day and age.

Now, did you not read my last post? I said I was leaving the thread and even wished everyone good luck. So why you and Tankthink (or is that Superman) had to drag it on I don't know.

Bye.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by observigent
Tankthinker: Come off it, love! You do NOT have the right to tell him off the thread. He may be acting horrid but that does not quite give you these rights. Jownathown is absolutely right. You are being a tyrant and it needs to stop. You do not have the authority to tell others what to do. Especially whether or not they have the right to breathe. You are no more important than anyone else, so stop being a sodding hypocrite. You have become more and more arrogant and it's getting ridiculous. No one appreciates your cruelty and you need to lay off. This thread is to help others develop their abilities and if all your going to do is stand in the corner and joust about how great you are then you should just go make a thread about yourself then. But if you are willing to calm down and put some advice on the table then you are perfectly welcome here, but keep it nice.

Thank you.

With all do respect,
Observigent

perhaps i do not have the right to tell others what to do ... yet

but i am more important, you can choose to believe it or not, not my business

we have these powers to use them, to become gods on this earth, to control everyone, that is why i hate it when someone who thinks he is smart come on and tries to dis us out,

it is clear to see what side i have chosen (relating to past posts) the question is what side will the rest of you take?

i guess im the villain of this story...

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join