It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don't have any powers as such but recently i've been having these dreams, really vivid dreams that are so clear of me doing the supernatural and i can't seem to shake them things like time freezing and controlling other people I know it's probably nothing after all only I feel only God can do the impossible.

Q. If these abnormal abilities are subconcious couldn't anyone
have the and not know?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tris Goodcooke
I don't know of many places where topics such as these are up for discussion. Most humans have there mind closed to such topics, dismissing them as fairytales and nonsense, which is not helpful in the least bit for people that are truly gifted. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had anysort of answers for this. I am a very talented and gifted person. My mind is always like a raging storm though and I don't know if it is my abilities actually doing this to me. From when I wake to when I sleep, it's like my own mind creates false realities or situations throughout the day. Examples are like they make me think I am changing. It is really hard to explain what it is like. It almost takes me to the brink of madness. Anyone have anything on this subject.

You might want to visit a psychiatrist.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by storyof
I don't have any powers as such but recently i've been having these dreams, really vivid dreams that are so clear of me doing the supernatural and i can't seem to shake them things like time freezing and controlling other people I know it's probably nothing after all only I feel only God can do the impossible.

Q. If these abnormal abilities are subconcious couldn't anyone
have the and not know?

I'm going to chalk that up to you having an overactive imagination, or a strong sub-concious desire to have superpowers.

A. No. These abilities would be gene-based, and would stem from ones physiology rather than the sub-concious mind.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Reading you people is really nice. Listen to all youre storys and everything but... I got to see it from my own eyes i'm not calling you liars or something it's just that i've never seen something like an energie ball or something like that so if you got any videos or stuff like that id really like to see this.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
i think that people in the world can have powers- but is there a certain way for one to activate or awaken these said powers? how is one to know that one holds such greatness if one cannot awaken his power? any help on this would be wonderful

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I knew 2 siblings who swore they saw a flying woman all dressed in black...

There was a baby boy that was at the center of a poltergeist and/or UAP (unknown aerial phenomena) activity. The last manifestation was levitation with an enveloping, seemingly liquid, light in his late teens. There was no control on his part. It seemed he was simply the object of these activities.

If reports about the skinwalker ranch are true, which is even weirder because it allegedly involved cryptozoology, this would bear out my hypothesis that there is an external influence always.

I personally believe sentient non-humans, most probably otherworldly, are ALWAYS responsible for paranormal manifestations.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
hi

i never knew anyone else could do these things its incredible! I never used to believe in this weird stuff but after i found out i could even do things-whoa awesome. well my ability is not like mind-reading or something, i just heal. but really really fast. there are some people who think im on drugs or something. but i really can its even documented. When I was 4 (11 years ago) I was in a car accident. My leg was crushed and i was going to need surgery right away. but then after about an hour my femur reattached it self. so yeah thats what happened my dad that it was evil or something and so i wasnt supposed to talk about it. but secretly i had my sister video tape me falling out a window-a 3 story one. when i hit the ground my arms are backwards and my face is bleeding but then i snap my arms and they are fine. and the cut heals. i dont know if this is like a common thing but i always wondered if there were others or something. is there like a website for people who can heal? or better yet someone who knows what this is?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
uh i would have to see that video, it really sounds like something from the show Heroes.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The Real Superhumans and the Quest for the Future Fantastic

The show is starting on the Discovery Channel shortly. Should be interesting, although don't expect people with laser eyes who can shoot fire out of their eyes. Never the less, it should be interesting.

It's just a one off, so be sure to watch it somehow:

In this special two-hour presentation, "The Real Superhumans and the Quest for the Future Fantastic," witness the amazing stories of real people with extraordinary super powers. But just who are these "super humans?" In Switzerland, meet a woman who combines senses so that she can "taste" music; in Turkey, a painter compared with Renaissance master Brunelleschi, who has been blind since birth; in Germany, a man discovered one day that he can perform complex calculations in his mind; and in the Netherlands, a man who possesses the inexplicable power to withstand extreme cold - but how? These super powers seemingly transcend what it means to be human, how we use our natural senses and our physical limitations. Meet these remarkable individuals, consult with the world's leading geneticists, biologists and futurists and discover their startling perspectives on these super powers and the implications of these gifts on future generations when "The Real Superhumans and the Quest for the Future Fantastic" premieres on Discovery Channel - and simulcast on Discovery HD - on Sun., Nov. 4 at 8 p.m. ET/9 p.m. PT.

Sunday, November 4th

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Arawn, is that only out in Canada?

Anyway guys, i've been away for a little while. I tried TK, but not much luck.

But maybe ESP, i'm improving. but i don't really think its mind reading per say, more like noticing tiny details, to get an idea of what someone is like, or getting a feeling for what the person is going to say next. weird, but it should be interesting.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
so if you have experienced some of these things in the past, how could you go about developing these things?

cheers

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If I could be a superhero
I would be...Awesome Man!
I'd fly 'round the world fighting crime
According to my awesome plan!
And if I saw criminals trying to lie
Hurting the people and making them cry
Well, I'd haul them off to jail in my awesome van
'cuz I would be Awesome Man

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I know what you maen about super powers, one time i farted and a marble poped out...

thats what you sond like whan you talk about the super powers

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
There's another.
I guess whatever you say, someone will always oppose it.

Anyway..

This week, me and my friends have been mucking around with telepathy. For example, i got my friend to think of a colour on the colour wheel (ie. Blue, purple, red, orange, yellow, green) , and mentally 'transmit' that colour to me.
the first 4/5 times i get it right, after that, i lose it. anyone else tried this?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I've been reading these comments and I have to say that I do believe that mind reading can be practiced. I've been trying to channel what ability I have so far:

~strong intuition (Ex. Thinking exactly what the person I'm talking to is going to say next. [on some occasions, this actually becoming more frequent])

~ability to read emotions from actions, eye movements, posture, etc.

~ability to know a person's character rather quickly after the first meeting. Sort of a sense of whether they are trustworthy, dramatic, troubled, or not, etc.

Also, I have strangely vivid dreams as well that occur every month or so that have certain things that are said or done that tend to happen a few weeks later in real life. And an odd thing is... I never have such vivid dreams until the past one is lived.

I have not played the color game (as stated above) but I will try that and see what happens.

Let me know if anyone knows how to strengthen these abilities.

Thank you!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
ya i think i would really be well off with a teacher of some sort, its hard when you don't know how to control it, I have the ability to perform retrokenesis, i would rather have mindreading, but you play the cards your dealt right. Also strange things always seem to happen to me or around me, if there is anyone with any info that could help, id be glad to hear it. I tried the color game and im not good at all, but when it comes to choosing cards, i just pick what card i want it to be and it either is that card or very close to it.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

I have to agree with this. That actually sounds exactly like something from heroes. :/

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Oh yes a tutor would be so helpful. As for the card game, try chooses exactly the color that comes first in your mind. And you have retrokenesis? How interesting.
I am not sure what the name of my ability is, if it is even at a stage where a name can apply...

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
observigent, what you said previously was pretty much what i get. almost exactly. I don't get the dreams so much, i have weird dreams tho, but i get deja vu a lot, which could be linked.

Yeah, i get ideas about peoples personality/thoughts by body language etc, i think it helps.

ooh, and were you referring to angela petrelli when talking about heroes?

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Jownathown,

I agree completely with your deja vu statement. Frequent deja vu is, I assume, the effect of my dreams. Except with most of the deja vu that I get I am aware that it was from a dream, even if I do not remember which.

And I was referring to Claire, but your choice of character fits just as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join