It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by the scout

Well, genetics don't mean anything unless you're related to the person. :|

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Think about what you want to have happen with your TK interaction. Think about the ultimate outcome, you don't have to visualise it, just decide what it is that you are intending to do. Then, rather than trying to summon energy to perform the TK, just observe the pinwheel or whatever for the interaction you are intending to perform. So basically stop thinking about moving the pinwheel. Think about whatever you like, maybe something good or funny about your day, a radical fantasy for the future or just chill and let your mind do the thinking. Continue to observe the pinwheel, but don’t get all excited if it isn’t moving and definitely don’t get excited if it is. That seems to stop it for some unknown reason for me. And remember to actually expect the interaction to occur, so don’t sit there thinking that you are wasting your time. Good luck, Jownathown.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thank you very much Darce!
Will try that and update!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Can we add my invisibility to the list?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I've very much like to see you prove that one. :|

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Jownathown, you can never go into a project expecting results right away, so keep at it. I'd say to stay away from pinwheels or balls because they can be easily moved by wind currents and all that. Though, the same can be said for a napkin or what have you. A pencil is a nice place to start because it has ridges and can stay steady quite easily.

It's really hard to explain my thought process while performing, but you can imagine yourself moving whatever you're wanting to move, just don't physically touch it.

altscribe, I just now got your U2U and I wanted to reply, but apparently I don't have enough posts to do so. I'll get back to you as soon as I can, though.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lelune
some examples of things I hhave ben able to do are manipulating probability, precognition, and whenever I concentrate on words and touch a person's skin I know something abou them, like I acquire knowlegde of their own personal experiences (I've tested this with friends, it works, but drains me). The thing is though, I don't know what to make of this, what does it mean?

Wow, that is amazing. I personally believe that we as humans are not finished evolving, and there are abilities that are dormant in most of us, but that will aid in our survival, and therefore enter the majority gene pool in the future. Manipulating probability is definitely something that has been brought up on numerous recent occasions. I read about a Global Consciousness Project that is supposed to show that for every major world event, the collective will of humanity impacts "random" events. This is shown in the output of numerous random number generators, where the probable outcome is shifted during a time of world-wide change. I've read that individuals on their own can influence random events at will.

An experiment was done involving beads falling through pegs into slots. The beads were supposed to be evenly displaced, but when the test subjects were each told to focus on one specific slot, that slot and those near it got more beads than all the others. So I definitely think influencing random events by act of will alone is within the realm of human possibility.

I've had a flash or two of the future myself. Most of the time logic (at least, for me) serves its purpose well and I am relatively secure in my theories as to what will happen next. However, on a few rare occasions, I've had a flash of sudden insight that seemed to illuminate a possible future scenario, using no (apparent) present-day information to extrapolate. Then, when the day came and proof was revealed that my "prediction" was correct, I wondered if it was all just an elaborate coincidence. But I also believe that precognitive abilities are at work in many (or all) of us.

Touching a person, making physical contact, and being able to retrieve personal details is something that I'm pretty sure many fortune tellers claim to be able to do. From my observations, my current feeling is that many of them do not actually employ legitimate psychic means, but rather use cold reading and other tactics to give the impression that they are indeed psychically gifted. However, there have been stories about legitimate cases of informational transfer upon physical contact. The fictional show, book, and movie, "The Dead Zone," has the main character touch someone to see a future problem they have. There was a poster a little ways back in this thread that mentioned an incident in which her friend stepped on an object at a possibly abandoned military installation. The event triggered an influx of information into her mind -- words and pictures moving really fast. I think if an image or event can trigger new, seemingly foreign ideas, so can physical contact.

I've read elsewhere that some people find it hard to believe that we are not all so gifted, and that we all can't easily sense how someone else is feeling or what's going on with them. It sounds to me that you are a little (or maybe a long) ways a. of the curve, and that you are gifted with special abilities. There's a site where a few people have mentioned special powers they have, including being able to manipulate their own energy and persuade others. It seems like more and more gifted people are coming forward...and a few jokers...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelightfullyDreadful
I've very much like to see you prove that one. :|

If I did you would not see me. I'm not out to prove anything, I prove things to myself not other people. I don't actually turn invisible, I blend with the background. Combined with silent moving its practical real invisibility. Add it to the list because I can.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Let me mention this...
I, for one don't believe that everyone can have these gifts. It's just the way things are. I also don't believe that these abilities have anything to do with the supernatural, paranormal or what have you. I believe that evolution is the cause of our abilities and those who've attained these gifts were chosen by natural selection.

I'm going to repeat something that I wrote on my Evolution of Humanity blog recently, it covers the same subject.

Evolution is a choice that nature must make, but before it decides, it needs to take into consideration the practicality of said gifts. It must ask "Does this mutation represent progress" and in some humans, it does.

If we look at Invisibility, for instance; A person with this ability would be able to escape from danger, thus surviving. One might also venture to guess that a person with this gift might increase his/her attractiveness to the opposite sex. It remains fact that our instincts, at their core, remain primal; We must eat and we must mate to survive, right? So, in such cases, the question of evolution is easily answered.

I believe that we'll never see a day in which all humans possess gifts such as these, it just won't happen. Nature chooses those who are most deserving and whom would prosper most from them. This my friends, is called natural selection.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Good post I enjoyed reading and agree.

Originally posted by DelightfullyDreadful
If we look at Invisibility, for instance; A person with this ability would be able to escape from danger, thus surviving. One might also venture to guess that a person with this gift might increase his/her attractiveness to the opposite sex. It remains fact that our instincts, at their core, remain primal; We must eat and we must mate to survive, right? So, in such cases, the question of evolution is easily answered.

As a great man once said, "Invisibility is invincibility". So because I have harnessed the practical use of invisibility, your calling me overly sexual? Come on, I have to sneak in silvermax tights sometimes but thats for purpose of the situation, not a mating call!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 1337cshacker

No.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
some people have an ability that makes them able to draw in there aura and then channel it into flows. flows that can be woven into weaves. each flow is of the five elements Air, Water, Earth, Fire and Spirit. every person has this the power to do this but most have it so faintly that they are unable to sense and see there aura thus they are unable to control the flows without years of training. When woven the flows can be used for such a complex thing as healing yet a simple weave of air could lift a person a few feet off the ground. the flows cannot be used on ones self tho it would be like charging a battery with its own power it just can't be done and doing so could leave you so weak in mind that you become unable to channel the flows or even sense them. I myself have no idea how to channel but I would like to learn.
I believe this may answer some questions concerning Super Powers.
That or I've just added tons more to think about in the mix of things

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Garou]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garou
some people have an ability that makes them able to draw in there aura and then channel it into flows. flows that can be woven into weaves. each flow is of the five elements Air, Water, Earth, Fire and Spirit. every person has this the power to do this but most have it so faintly that they are unable to sense and see there aura thus they are unable to control the flows without years of training. When woven the flows can be used for such a complex thing as healing yet a simple weave of air could lift a person a few feet off the ground. the flows cannot be used on ones self tho it would be like charging a battery with its own power it just can't be done and doing so could leave you so weak in mind that you become unable to channel the flows or even sense them. I myself have no idea how to channel but I would like to learn.
I believe this may answer some questions concerning Super Powers.
That or I've just added tons more to think about in the mix of things

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Garou]

Again, more evidence that the ninja left behind.

The aura, or chi, can be channeled like this yes, but it is nothing complex and does not take years of practice. You can start any day, and feel the effects immediately. Everyday I practice the movements and meditation the ninja used, each movement is one of the 5 elements. Spirit is NOT an element. The REAL elements are "air water earth fire wood". Each having a small routine to be in touch with that element. It takes about 20 mins to complete a full cycle of these movements and concentration. After 2 or 3 days, you feel the effects with no doubt. I have been doing these movements for only a week now, but studying the other ways for years, (such as stealth, evading, fighting, mind control, and zen).

Further, there are 9 finger positions. Your fingers are just not tools of your body, but tools of your chi. The exit and entrance points of the chi are though the fingers and hands. By doing the different 9 finger positions, more powers are obtained, such as becoming one with nature. This is all I am willing to say about this.

Give me another one of you "super-natural" ability then, because I am able to do this, to heal . aches, or any other minor pain, increase digestion efficiency, or come to peace from total anger in seconds. Its all in your . and chi, harness it, and become a superior being, rather than an intellectual bi-pedal 99.9% of people are today.

I can see clearly now how the ninja was seen as supernatural, actually they were nothing BUT natural itself, nothing 'super' about it, as any human can do it, after finding and feeling your chi of course. I can also see how myth surrounds us, as not everyone understands our ways. What do you call a situation in which you do not have all the facts? A mystery/myth my friend.

I cannot divulge anymore information sorry, as that might empower someone who does not deserve it, I also want to protect us as well as the myths.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I don't know what this is called, but I can pre-determine the outcome of an event down to the details, getting it 100% correct about 90% of the time it happens. The thing is, that I don't decide when I can "see the future".
The only time I can remember this happening is every time I play a video game with some aspect of chance in it (I remember this because it happens so much when I play those kind of video games). Usually what happens, is there is some sort of roulette type thing in the game, and as soon as the screen with 6 or so possible outcomes pops up, I say the one that I feel it is going to be out loud (I don't even think about it, I just know which one it will be). And 9 times out of 10, I'm right. Anyone who has played those kind of games with me knows that I know what the answer will be.
Also, something that's kind of on the topic, I don't know if anyone else has ever felt this way, but sometimes I know what's going to happen (100%, no doubt), but I really focus my mind and try to change the outcome, and it comes out the way I wanted it to, rather than the way I knew it was going to be (if that makes any sense). An example of this, was only yesterday. I was at the MAX station (the MAX is a city train), and there was this girl who wanted to catch the MAX that was coming. However, it was not very far behind her, and she tried to outrun it, in sandals. So she began to run to try to beat the MAX, and I got this vision in my mind of her tripping in one of her sandals and falling down on the MAX tracks, which would have killed her because of how close the MAX was to her. So I focused my mind as hard as I could to make it so she wouldn't fall, but just about a foot before the tracks one of her sandals made her trip and she actually lost the sandal. Luckily she caught her balance and was able to make it up onto the platform (about a foot and a half off the ground on the other side of the MAX) with about 4 feet to spare. But she didn't get that MAX, because she had to go around to get her sandal. Anyways, if you believe me then good for you, because it's the truth. I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way, in that they could change the future.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I f you truelly want to know what super powers are i will tell you and il tell you how to obtain them to.

through imagination you can gain the ability to fly create an earthquake stop hurricanes with your thoughts.

the only problem is we arent mentaly strong enought to do so.

these are not super, compared to what is going to come in about 4 years these powers are just minor.

i can heal people with my hands and mind alone, does this make me super no it makes me a nice person.

you could heal someone to you just have to think!

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
also bflysamurai this is a psychic ability which allows you to see into the future this is called precogntion.

you are extremely talented and very usefull

dont let anyone tell you otherwise and hope your parents love you

when your and Indigo Child your never loved just seen as wierd but i guess i am.

peace out

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Richard.M.J.Palmer]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
i can change future events with my mind (though i have also changed the present), but it is really difficult, it only works when i feal a certain way emotionally, and only if i think there is a chance that it can happen (for example i can say which card is on top of a deck and its there, but only because there is a slight chance it is the one)

i once had a dream that told the future, and i have frequent deja vu's

also i have never been seriously injured, though there have been two occations in my life where i should have been and came out without a scratch.

i dont know what to make of these powers but i still think they are developing since im only 16. I would also be greatful to anyone who can offer some insight, because im really confused.

edit: and a note to the samurai guy (i just read your post) i get that too in the form of de ja vus, except that unlike most people where the event takes place and then they are like ive been here before, i realize im having the dejavu about10 seconds into it, and i ussually like to change the outcome of the event by standing still and not doing what im supposed to do in my vision. The only thing is that it only has ever happened for minor events nothing big.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by tankthinker]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Richard.M.J.Palmer, This is the chi that is healing when your "hands and mind" heal. Not the hands or mind, although the mind helps control, and fingers are a entry/exit for chi. Makes sense.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I don't know of many places where topics such as these are up for discussion. Most humans have there mind closed to such topics, dismissing them as fairytales and nonsense, which is not helpful in the least bit for people that are truly gifted. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had anysort of answers for this. I am a very talented and gifted person. My mind is always like a raging storm though and I don't know if it is my abilities actually doing this to me. From when I wake to when I sleep, it's like my own mind creates false realities or situations throughout the day. Examples are like they make me think I am changing. It is really hard to explain what it is like. It almost takes me to the brink of madness. Anyone have anything on this subject.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Can some helpful soul summarise the different types of superpower that ATS members have? For myself, I don't have any superpower at all. I am doubtful to see so many of you having superpowers. I might sound jealous here but it's not. It could be due to the environments I am living in; everything is so normal. Have you wondered it might be an coincidence or hallucination?

I would like to share one incredible experience I had when I was young. There was once when I was taking public transport, and after a while I was looking at one woman who was standing near the exit of the bus. For some reason, the thought of her tripping appear in my mind. And sure enough, within the next 30 seconds, she fall down. Is this coincidence or did I had a short precognition? The sceptical me says it is the formal.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join