It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
To all the people claiming to have certain abilities, mostly of the 'kinesis' ilk, can you please state as clearly as you can what you feel the mechanisms behind such abilities are as you 'perform them'.

I'm not trying to ridicule anyone as I am open minded about such things but it always strikes me as odd that there don't seem to be any theories coming from the people who claim to have abilities pertaining to how they actually work.

For example, do you feel that there is a non-physical extension of yourself which actually reaches out and moves things about?, or that you are somehow directing energies with your mind? If so, please give a thorough explaination of your thought processes and/or physical movements brfore and during.

Personally, I need a kind of logical scientific understanding of how something works to be able to begin to accept it. So like I said, Can you please just try to explain whats going on when you manifest such abilities.

thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
[edit on 1-10-2007 by Jownathown]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by atlscribe

What do you mean by well documented?

And to Chonx, i can't really explain yet, as they are yet to reveal themselves properly. But i believe TK is like pushing energy out of you hand , or along those lines.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jownathown

And to Chonx, i can't really explain yet, as they are yet to reveal themselves properly. But i believe TK is like pushing energy out of you hand , or along those lines.

There should be well documented visual evidence of these supposed powers, and information regarding these abilities would be easily accessible in places, like your local library for instance. Of all the people that have claimed to possess these talents, none have supplied any meaningful form of validation. There are savants that peform extraordinary mental feats, who happen to have documentaries about them. There is incontrovertible proof that these people exist. There are people who process numerical data at the speed of computers, people with photographic memory and also people who have performed amazing physical feats- these people have been well documented. There is absolutely 0 evidence to support claims of people who can read minds, and control fire and have super speed etc. Do you understand now? There is nothing to support these claims. Everything up till now is based on fantastical claims. I blame comic books.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by atlscribe]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hmm. Ok. I'm not the OP tho.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Hmm. Ok. I'm not the OP tho.

Well you believe in it, so it would apply to you too.

Good day.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlscribe

There should be well documented visual evidence of these supposed powers, and information regarding these abilities would be easily accessible in places, like your local library for instance. Of all the people that have claimed to possess these talents, none have supplied any meaningful form of validation. There are savants that peform extraordinary mental feats, who happen to have documentaries about them. There is incontrovertible proof that these people exist. There are people who process numerical data at the speed of computers, people with photographic memory and also people who have performed amazing physical feats- these people have been well documented. There is absolutely 0 evidence to support claims of people who can read minds, and control fire and have super speed etc. Do you understand now? There is nothing to support these claims. Everything up till now is based on fantastical claims. I blame comic books.

1. Life would very boring without comic books...

2.The reason why these abilities will never be all publicised... Its because it's in the definition of madness. People fear the very thing that is not normal. so it's left in the closet, and possibly for many generations to come. Until it becomes to obvious that it will be accepted.

3.Also people exaggerate their abilities like comic books to make it believable.

4. "many super feats" that some claim to have, is a money making spin or conspiracy, therefore A lot of people who genuinely claim to have tuned abilities are laughed at.

5. There is something in nature, that we should grasp properly. We can evolve, and when we are put to the extreme test in nature, we get extreme results... * think about this one*

6. Until it's accepted, amazing things will come of it.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

1. Life would very boring without comic books...

That is Marvel's Thor in my avatar. That should tell you that I have no problem with comic books.

2.The reason why these abilities will never be all publicised... Its because it's in the definition of madness. People fear the very thing that is not normal. so it's left in the closet, and possibly for many generations to come. Until it becomes to obvious that it will be accepted.

You are basing this off of X-Men, and science-fiction. Nothing like this has ever actually happened so noone can predict what the public reaction to it will be. If you look at some of the illusionists today that people claim to be genuine, you will see that these people are a source of wonder and excitement, rather than something to be feared.

3.Also people exaggerate their abilities like comic books to make it believable.

What does this pertain to? You've lost me here.

4. "many super feats" that some claim to have, is a money making spin or conspiracy, therefore A lot of people who genuinely claim to have tuned abilities are laughed at.

Again, you are not directly addressing anything that I've mentioned so far. I never brought up people who are con artists. I mentioned savants, who are in fact actual people. If these people are documented, why not the individuals who claim to have supernatural abilities? And as far as genuineness is concerned, these people deserved to be laughed at if their only proof is through word-of-mouth. If they can't provide visual proof, there's really no point in claiming that you can do any of these things. Noone believes you, apart from like-minded p eople who also have their heads high up in the clouds.

5. There is something in nature, that we should grasp properly. We can evolve, and when we are put to the extreme test in nature, we get extreme results... * think about this one*

Expound on this statement. Seems like empty words to me lol.

6. Until it's accepted, amazing things will come of it.

Okay, I'm done here. You are pretty lost.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

I agree 100% with you. It is true, people do not want to believe it.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There are many documented cases of Omniscience, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Enhanced senses and lots more. So the argument that these powers may not exist because they're not document isn't valid..

Nina Kulagina had telekinesis. Just do a quick google search to find videos.

Stephen Wiltshire with enhanced memory.
www.youtube.com...

Just another example of something you and I can't do.
I plan to record a video to document my abilities, but I just haven't had the time to do it.

Now Chonx,
To answer you question, I honestly don't feel that much when I'm using mine. I just know what I want to move, and I move it by focusing. When i first started doing this, last year, I had to struggle a lot, but now, not so much. Like I said, I'm gonna record a video as soon as I can. The thing with the hand, I believe that it's not needed to use such powers. The hand acts as a focus point, just like it would normally. I mean that if you want someone to look at something in particular, you point...it's almost the same with telekinesis.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by DelightfullyDreadful]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelightfullyDreadful
There are many documented cases of Omniscience, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Enhanced senses and lots more. So the argument that these powers may not exist because they're not document isn't valid..

Nina Kulagina had telekinesis. Just do a quick google search to find videos.

Stephen Wiltshire with enhanced memory.
www.youtube.com...

Just another example of something you and I can't do.
I plan to record a video to document my abilities, but I just haven't had the time to do it.

Now Chonx,
To answer you question, I honestly don't feel that much when I'm using mine. I just know what I want to move, and I move it by focusing. When i first started doing this, last year, I had to struggle a lot, but now, not so much. Like I said, I'm gonna record a video as soon as I can. The thing with the hand, I believe that it's not needed to use such powers. The hand acts as a focus point, just like it would normally. I mean that if you want someone to look at something in particular, you point...it's almost the same with telekinesis.

[edit on 1-10-2007 by DelightfullyDreadful]

I've actually read up on Nina Kulagina, and the validity of her abilities is still in question. The proof is not incontrovertible, and it is not widely accepted as such.

And if you look further up, I clearly said that people with enhanced memory exist, as they've been tried and tested. As for Kulagina the only evidence we have to validate her abilities are black and white film clips which could easily have been filmed under dodgy circumstances.

She is not a well documented case, and her feats are not widely accepted nor have they been proved. You have to come up with something better than that. I can can place some wires on my fingers, attatch it to an object and manipulate the wires to make it appear as that I'm moving the object telekinetically while my friend films it with his handy-cam, post it up and claim I have telekinesis.

Please, cite some well documented cases involving people with omniscience (lol), telepathy etc. Let's see if you aren't talking complete nonsense (which I'm sure you are).

Try again.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DelightfullyDreadful

Awesome, please do video yourself performing telekinesis and post it up here for all of us to see. Make sure to eliminate as many doubts which will inevitably be cast upon your efforts as possible before hand. Make sure everything's in shot, if you do it on a table, make sure the underside can be seen etc...

and please....please don't put a video of one of those god damn psi-wheels up cause they've been so debunked its not even funny anymore.

thanks

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I'm not lost...
what I said is pretty simple. you just went in like a bullet..

I made a few points, if you don't understand well you will have to figure it out.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Akrit Jaswal was gifted with inherent omniscience. He's been featured all over the place and what not. In case you didn't know, the definition of inherent omniscience is knowing everything one wishes to know, in this boys case, medicine. I'm sure, though, you'll find something wrong with him too.

Edgar Cayce also showed attributes of omniscience and telepathy. A couple of pages back there's an entire account about him an his abilities. Also, a simple google search can fill you in.

Chonx, I plan on doing that, even though people will claim lots of things, either way.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I feel like for any amount of proof there is, there's always going to be someone with a 180 perspective who comes up with reasons why something isn't on the level.

The "proof" provided by the videos of Nina Kulagina moving things has been suggested to be invalid because she may have had magnets in her bra.

Some of Edgar Cayce's predictions have been contradicted and "shown" as false. I believe he said California would eventually become submerged. Maybe he wasn't wrong about what would happen, but rather when. I prefer to focus on the times when he was right, especially when he prescribed medical treatments that were years ahead of their time. Still, skeptics want things to be airtight. I do too, but I'd rather keep an open mind in the event that an airtight case doesn't yet exist.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I think moving things with the mind is use of one's personal electromagnetic field to just kind of attract or repel items. I wonder if anyone with telkinetic ability had tried something like this:
Take a needle, a small piece of styrofoam, (or other floating material) and a bowl of water. You know the old trick where you take the needle, and a magnet? You draw the magnet along the needle in one direction, this aligns the iron molecules in one direction apparently, so the needle then has a north and south pole too, just like the magnet. Then place the needle on the floating material in the bowl of water and it will turn around and align itself with the north and south magnetic field of the earth like a compass needle.
Why not try the same thing, but use your fingertip, (or whatever part of you normally used) to align the iron in the same manner? To eliminate doubt, you could put the unaligned needle on the floating substance before and after, and see if it changes.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I just found this thread and I have only read the past 5 or 6 pages but it seems that there are several people here with some amazing abilities. I too share this new perspective of reality and with about a year of practise I can now perform simple psychokinetic interactions with little or no effort at all. Basically all of my 'power' has been refined and demonstrated (only to myself and some friends) on simple aluminium foil 'pinwheels', hanging strips and my one great feat; moving a ping pong ball over 6 inches to times in a row. I wish I had filmed that! Today I have a digital camera and I have recorded a couple clips of myself moving an aluminium pinwheel with some pretty astounding control. With a little time to warm up and if I am in the right frame of mind (Hey Eonnn, being tired helps me too!) I can cause the pinwheel to spin at a rate of 1/2 RPS (revolutions per second) at a constant speed for over 6 spins with regularity. I do have videos of this but they are too large for me to upload and I cannot crop them down to the good parts with the software that I have. I have tried to take a quick little recording of a really good interaction, but I have yet to be successful with that. Something about the camera rolling gets me all excited and I can't concentrate, yet. If I can capture a decent clip I will be sure to post it here. Do you think that I should hide my face? All of my recordings so far show my face to show that I am not just blowing air on the thing, but I am concerned about posting my face online. These stories of men in black suits following people around is somewhat discouraging.

Eonnn: Hey I basically totally agree with what you have posted. I too am driven by the knowing that these powers could be put to such great use to reform our societies for the better. I really would love to be able to crack the code entirely and be flying around showing people the true nature of reality. As you mentioned there is a barrier created when people who cannot believe are observing the interaction. How do you suggest we get around this? If I start flyen first I'm down for creating some sort of benevolent super powers team, so come find me if you crack the code first! Hehe.

Chonx: the mechanisms behind such abilities? Good question! From my experience alone (not regurgitating anything here), there seems to be a strong correlation between the imaginative daydreaming state and the strongest psychokinetic interactions. Perhaps in this alternative reality inside our own minds we have the ability to make suggestions (perhaps orders) for the reality we all share. I wish I knew exactly what was going on because then I would be flying around with my mind all over the world helping people to understand the truths which I had uncovered. There would be such a dramatic evolution in human consciousness that it would change the perception of every human being that I could touch. Yes, of course "that'll be the day, hah". I am pretty darn sure that there some sort of fantastic interaction going on in a small scale right now before my eyes and if I could only share this with all of you on a more impressive scale than I am sure that the debate would be over. It would be my mission in life to help dispel this grand illusion. And no, I would not rather use it to become and illusionist or whatever and just make money. I feel that my motivations are righteous and I only hope that someone will read this and say 'hey man, I'm behind ya'.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Darce, I'd be anxious to see one of your videos!
Keep on practicing and when your mind and body are ready, you'll be able to do alot more than what you can now! I can suggest pushing an object forward, then bringing it back to you. Also, start with something small, like a napkin or an empty paper cup at first, the gradually increase the size and weight when you get the hang of things.

Also, I'm with you on the betterment of society. I think that if we send out a positive message, we can achieve so many things in the future!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

I'm not lost...
what I said is pretty simple. you just went in like a bullet..

I made a few points, if you don't understand well you will have to figure it out.

You are quite lost, and can't express yourself like someone whose brain is functioning as it should.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelightfullyDreadful

Akrit Jaswal was gifted with inherent omniscience. He's been featured all over the place and what not. In case you didn't know, the definition of inherent omniscience is knowing everything one wishes to know, in this boys case, medicine. I'm sure, though, you'll find something wrong with him too.

Edgar Cayce also showed attributes of omniscience and telepathy. A couple of pages back there's an entire account about him an his abilities. Also, a simple google search can fill you in.

Chonx, I plan on doing that, even though people will claim lots of things, either way.

Akrit Jaswal is a savant. His abilities are not supernatural in origin. It is not like telepathy or telekinesis, or teleporting or whatever else you believe people can do. He has an astoundingly high IQ, and has been reading Medical books from a young age. Again, this is not a superpower, and it is definitely not omniscience.

I've searched google, and the only people that seem to support Cayce are his followers, and believers. None of his 'abilities' have been documented as scientific fact. Oh and here are some of your superheroes failed predictions:

"Cayce's prophecies occupy somewhat shaky ground. Examples of incorrect Cayce prophecies include him stating that 1933 would be a "good year," and in fact it was one of the worst in the Great Depression. He also stated that US scientists would discover a "death ray" from Atlantis in 1958 (HAHA). Other predictions that have not as yet occurred include massive earth changes and that China would one day be "the cradle of Christianity as applied in the lives of men." Furthermore, many of the predictions claimed as successes are little more than vague statements that can be interpreted in a wide variety of ways, and hence can be upheld as "true" simply because of their inherent vagueness"

He sounds as looney as you to be quite honest. Sorry, you have to bring something better than this. I'm someone who is open to new ideas, but all these claims and not one single shred of reputable evidence. All these so-called Heroes in this thread, and not one can bring forth evidence, instead they make excuses about how they don't need to prove it to anyone. Sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join