It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I knew a guy in high school who could somehow get people to not notice him. I'm not saying he was physically invisible, just highly unnoticable. I'm serious. I saw him do it on many occasions. I don't know how. He said it was just the way you project yourself in a crowd.

I guess his super-hero name would be, [color=999999]Not-There Man.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Wow, I hope John Edwards wasn't being compared to Moses, or David, or even Evil Kenevil. He's a joke!

You people haven't figured out my comedy yet. Heehee. And what about Cookie Monster? Edwards , No! Cookie Monster, Yes! lol

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
whew! I was begining to worry about ya Nutzo...glad to see you haven't wandered off the deep end

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
my psichic power is deja vu i have it about 2 a day and i think i remember it from dreams. i only read 2 the begining of the 2nd page.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
whew! I was begining to worry about ya Nutzo...glad to see you haven't wandered off the deep end

No, I'm still right there on the edge of it though.

I'm not so sure about Edwards. I would have to meet the dude to come to a conclusion about him. I mean , he's no Miss Cleo that's for sure. There is that Pet Psychic though. My doggies perk up when she comes on the tele.

I would have to say that my favorite modern super hero would be....

And here comes the flaming.....

George W Bush

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
kaoscreator,
If you consider a highly-accurate precognitive dreams on a regular basis as being a "super ability", then I could give a rather lengthy (and somewhat creepy) list of all my "accomplishments" in this field, as well as one documented case of me not only dreaming a newspaper story that came out the following day, but also accurately dreaming the page layout and the other elements on the page--I saved that page & my dated dream journal entry, and I usually pull it out to show skeptics and ask them how I could have possibly done it.

I'm not saying that its not possible, I'm just saying that I am skeptical that it happens. If this were true and there were people with psychic abilities who could control them, or even write them down, why aren't there more people who win the lottery or able to stop terrorist attacks like 9/11 or at least warn people about them. Word of mouth is very powerful. I guess I just can't fully believe what I can't see or experience.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
they wont belive your word of mouth for the same reason you wont belive our word of web. read carl sagens i have a dragon in my garage. sorry i dont have a link

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Word of mouth works, even if you don't believe it, you still talk about it. Take the AB hoax for example, how many of us didn't believe it, but I bet 9 out of 10 talked about it, even in a joking manner, and then the people we talked to about it talked to other people about it, and so on and so on....

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
kaoscreator: I understand your viewpoint. If somebody told me "I'm in touch with these magnificent aliens from Ra & they told me some things that came true & they said the world is going to end in 2012" -- I couldn't take it at face value either, nor could I approach any written journals "proving" such "prophecies" without seriously wondering if it was a hoax.

I have dreamt of 3 plane accidents before they had happened. In each case, it did not come in time to prevent anything. The first one only gave me vague info and this was before I started remembering my dreams so I didn't think it would have a literal meaning; the second must have been more of a Dead-Zone type simultaneous experience of the accident as it was happening, & there was nothing I could do nor did I have a name of the plane or anything. The third I had a lot of accurate info on, but it was a minor accident & nobody was hurt thank God. I have since been programming myself not to have dreams about horrible things unless there is something specific I can do to stop it--this is psychic Sylvia Browne's advice. Also the movie Final Destination seriously discouraged me from getting too involved in this stuff--because it seems like a no-win situation. I had a dream that was 911-like when I was applying for a job at the WTC seven years ago...I thought it was simply a bad omen, & I turned down the job. I did not have any direct premontions or dreams regarding 911, & I thank God for this. Maybe we are not meant to get too involved in the future or we screw things up.

At any rate, I believe that healthy skepticism is important & needed. But we also need more concrete research into these fields of the "paranormal" so one day we might get to the bottom of things.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I started having plane crash dreams a few years ago as well. About a year and a half before 9/11. I have had many dreams that I could interpret as precognition.

I think we all have these dreams , yet most of us either forget them or we never remembered them to begin with. I believe we all have this forsight.

The difference in being able to use it, is remembering your dreams. I have made a habit of remembering my dreams. You can if you try. It takes a year or so to get the hang of it, but we all can do this.

My opinion on precognition is that all it is is basicly common sense. We all have common sense yet only a very small percentage of us try to use it.

Our dreams are trying to tell us something that our conscience minds can't comprehend. The more educated and street wise you are can play factors in precognition as well. You also have to be very aware. Almost to the point of paranoia. But when you get to that heightened sense of awareness, it isn't paranoia at all. It is like having a new sense that others do not appear to have. But in reality they do.

If one trains his mind and becomes completely aware, one can see without time.

Remember your dreams and always follow your instinct. Learn as much as you can about everything in your world.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Whos John Edwards

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crash
Whos John Edwards

He ran for president.

He is a Democrat.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
When I was 7 me and my family stopped by the side of a road to take in the view. We were high up as mountains were around, then I saw this little embankment with an edge. I wanted to look over the edge as my brother was already halfway down the embankment.

Anyway instead of carefully climbing down like my brother I RAN full steam towards the edge of the embankment. Over the edge was a virtical drop which would = death. Anyway I was running down and my mum and dad both looked at each other as if they were about to loose their son. I was at full pace going steeply downhill and when I reached the edge I just stopped.

My dad said there should have been no way I could have stopped as I was running to fast. I just stopped like roadrunner in one spot right on the ledge. To this day they don't know what stopped me dead. Was it my 'superpower', was it my guides? was it luck which happened to defy the laws of physics. Please remember this description came from my mum and dad who are not prone to exaggerate an event. I can't remember any of it!

ALSO, a few years later when I was 12, I was sat in a tree. I was as high as a bedroom window in an average 2 storey house. I was on one branch my friend on another. I lent back a bit and my branch snapped, because I lent back at the time and the head is the heavist part of the body I rotated that way. Next thing I know I am standing on my feet. I was falling then I was standing on my feet?? My friend said I went into a back somersult and landed. As far as I was concerned I did not Consciously do anything.

Those are my two experinces with avoiding some serious pain. Make of them what you will but any comments regarding what might have caused me to go unharmed will be great.

BTW. I am VERY interested in those whole thread, thanks to all who posted links, interesting reading.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
ALSO, a few years later when I was 12, I was sat in a tree. I was as high as a bedroom window in an average 2 storey house. I was on one branch my friend on another. I lent back a bit and my branch snapped, because I lent back at the time and the head is the heavist part of the body I rotated that way. Next thing I know I am standing on my feet. I was falling then I was standing on my feet?? My friend said I went into a back somersult and landed. As far as I was concerned I did not Consciously do anything.

i don't think there's anything supernatural to me, but simple common physics. It happens to many people.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
yeah, all of this can easily be dismissed, not one of these things is any kind of... even makes me think 'it can be fake, but it sounds very likley to be true.' The thing when you were young running, your parents were obviously a certain distance away, maybe they couldn't just see you. All these 'precognitions' unless you see the numbers on the plane, or even just the company, location (state, country, etc.) all your seeing is 'a plane crash.' Of course withen a weeks time or so there is a good chance a plane could crash. When you have dreams of things like this and nothing happens do you think anything of it? No, you just dismiss it as another dream.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I had a lucid dream a few weeks ago, like a day before I joined ATS and read the whole Aussie Bloke thing...It was very lucid and I could go on for a long time about it, but basically, part of Baltimore was destroyed by water...
There's one thing I can say for sure though, I've had supernatural powers in my dreams, I can do whatever I want...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
When I was running down the hill my parents were very close. Imagine the side of the a road, then a barrier, climb the barrier and then go downhill for 10m (I asked how far, like I said I can't remember). They were standing on the hill side of the barrier. Thats about 10 meters, not far at all.

As for falling out the tree I could class that as luck and physics sure. But the downhill, from what my mum and dad say, unexplainable. Super power, no I was joking about that bit, but SOME force stopped me dead.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This isn't a superpower but it is real-life & i feel ok admitting it in public. One time i went to the sales counter to purchase something that cost $20. While i was in line, i was thinking to myself i wanted this item at a sale price. I thought nothing of it. I wasn't making any conscious serious attempts to gain anything. It was just a random casual thought. When i got to the counter i was charged $9. At the time i thought maybe it was on sale & i didn't realize it. But i went to the dept. where there were other items of the same kind displayed. Nope, no sales signs or tags. Alot of these kind of small things happen everyday, & probably to alot of other people too. No harm done intentionally.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Still, so far I haven't heard of one story that couldn't be explained as circumstance, luck, or just common sense perception. Does anyone have any evidence of someone experiencing superpowers? Like someone moving a boulder with thier mind. Something really impressive.

With that said, I will tell you a story and you can take it or leave it. My father used to do mission work in Africa (Nigeria to be exact) and he came into contact with witchdoctors in small villages pretty frequently. He witnessed something that I have never forgot about when he told me as a child. A village guide took him to a nearby river where he witnessed 3 witchdocotrs (or whatever they are called in thier village) throw a red rope across the river. They would then cross the river via cord while riding a water buffalo (at least I think it was a water buffalo, something to that effect). Perhaps there was some sorta trick and maybe there were stones in the river that no one new about which allowed them to step across and not sink. Who knows...still a good story.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here are excerpts from my journals regarding 3 air disaster dreams I had.

Early Summer, 1996
"Planephobia"

I had a money order written out to go to France, but I was too scared to go, fearing the plane would crash, and the problem was finding the money order and canceling it. A Frenchman gives me tickets to Great Adventure in New Jersey, instead.

Notes:
I have always had a lifelong fear of flying on airplanes. So an airplane disaster dream shouldn't have been unusual for me to have.

What makes this dream stand out to not only me but my boyfriend at the time was that I had this dream a couple of weeks before TWA Flight 800, on route to Paris France, crashed. What compounded my queasy feeling was that me and him decided to go to the beach shortly afterwards (we usually go on July 4 as a tradition but it was postponed until the next time we both had free time) -- and washing up on the beach was wreckage from Flight 800! I saw electronic parts, pieces of suitcases, clothing, even an entire powder-blue airplane seat wedged into the sand. The other beachgoers seemed a bit clueless about what was going on, and I vividly remember one small child picking up a bundle of wires with circuits attached to them and whirling it above his head like a toy. Of course, the timing of our trip, and the dream, they were all coincidences--that's what I told myself. But I felt really depressed and sad.

9/2/98
"Mother Holding Child"

I am on an airplane, looking out the window--which seems kind of odd, because I hate flying on airplanes. I wonder how they managed to get me on board. Suddenly, some flaming piece of wreckage shoots through where we are sitting. Directly across from me is a blond mother who has wrapped her arms around her young son, knowing that we are going to crash. We are going to crash.

Notes:
When I woke up from this dream & me and my boyfriend purchased the newspaper before getting into work, we found out about the Swissair disaster.

This was the first dream that really made me so upset that I could barely get through the day. There was no doubt in my mind that I had the dream that foretold an accident--though perhaps it wasn't a foretelling but more like seeing it as it was happening. I think back to the Dead Zone movie where the main character would actually find himself, in some astral way, in the middle of the scene he was picking up. The detail of the mother cradling her child, the very specific way she did it--like she was bracing him for the impact--has always stuck with me and seemed very accurate.

5/31/99
"Waiting in the Auditorium"

It is dark, in an airport, there are gates and it is windy and raining. The plane is crashing into something. I see John Travolta in my mind and think that he might get killed in a plane accident. Then the auditorium, many people sitting there. There is a slightly chubby blond woman, standing and crying, worried about somebody else from the plane.

Notes:
Here is some text from the internet article I saved on 6/2/99:

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (June 2) - "Passengers said Flight 1420 came in fast and hard and its tires never seemed to grip the runway..."

"'We hit the runway too hard. Then we started turning sideways...'"

"The American Airlines flight from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport arrived at Little Rock late Tuesday during a violent thunderstorm. Lightning sparked all around it and winds were blowing more than 50 mph."

"People awaiting the flight were told that the plane had landed and would be pulling up to the gate shortly. But when it never arrived, friends and relatives were told to go and wait at the Imax theater in the airport's Aerospace Education Center."

"Their relatives and friends rushed the school bus that brought them (the survivors) to the theater, searching for familiar faces. Many of those who could not find one began crying and a few burst into tears."

I don't think these dreams were the result of "logic" or "common sense." Or could it be all be simply coincidence?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join