It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Real-Life Super-Powers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
After reading many of the threads posted on ATS and other sites, reading many books & articles, and making observations in my daily life, I have come to the conclusion that there are some people on this planet who truly have abilities that in the comic book vernacular would be called "super-powers." These powers include:
* advanced psychic powers: clairvoyance, psychometry, remote viewing, telepathy
* telekinetic abilities
* possible electro-magnetic abilities
* magical abilities of an undetermined nature that can affect reality
To be fair, I have not heard of anybody who can fly (though some can levitate short distances), break steel with their hands (tho can't some advanced martial-arts people do this? or is that just wooden boards?), or possess unbreakable admantium claws (though an advanced "healing factor" has also been reported in some people).
But even if there are people out there who can only do the psychic, telekinetic, and other stuff--I mean, gosh, that's pretty significant, isn't it? That's like the frickin' X-Men!

My questions to the board are:
1) Do you think this a relatively new phenomenon, or have there been throughout history reports of people having extraordinary abilities like the ones I described?
2) If this is not a new phenomenon, would you say that there seems to be a sharp increase in the amount of people who can do this in the modern era, or even in the last 25 years?
3) Does the Powers That Be take this seriously at all? I know that in Russia & China there have been extensive studies & training of these people. Why not in the West? Or is it going on and we don't know it?
4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

I think in the next 25 years these questions and this topic is going to be a very big issue in the world.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
I have come to the conclusion that there are some people on this planet who truly have abilities that in the comic book vernacular would be called "super-powers." These powers include:

Congratulations. Click the link in my signature for more info.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Websurfer,
Thank you for the link, this is a very fascinating website. It's going to take me a while to absorb it.
Have you ever read the sci-fi novella "Re-Birth" by John Wyndham? It discusses a lot of the things I brought up in my post & that are discussed on the site you linked. Especially this: "Re-Birth" is about a small group of young telepaths who form a psychic link with each other & start a little community. To turns out that the home-base for the big community of telepaths is in: New Zealand--which is, if the web address is any indication, is where that site is located out of. In fact, the more I read the site, the more this is just like that novella. Which is not to say that I think this is just some group basing itself on a sci-fi story--no, when I read "Re-Birth" I recognized it as a very future-thinking, perhaps even intentionally or unintentionally psychic projection. Very interesting--thanks again!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Warhappy/offtopic -- that's Emily Perkins, she was in the werewolf movies Gingersnaps 1 & 2 (hence the blood)

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Cassie/offtopic Well she can turn me anyday!

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have met many many people in my life that I would classify as having "super-powers" from psy-vampires to people who can heal wounds that even modern science can't, they are out there.

Personally, I have limited psych ablitiy, projection, energy balls ect. and I am working daily to hoan my skills. I also have a good empathic sense, I can feel deciently well what others are, while I don't know if this is a super power it does help in negotiations.

My girlfriend on the other hand is truly gifted, she can manipulate her energies to the point of being able to sling energy balls and knock people over with them. She is also one of the most naturally powerful Wiccans I have ever met.

Together when we sit circle and such the combine energies can go so far as to tell lightning exactly where to strike, it's quite amazing.

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I remember in High School after reading I think an Edgar Cayce book on telepathy and telekenisis I wanted to try an expiriment with a candle and just using metal power to make the flame grow bigger. So one night we got together at a friends house locked all the windows and doors and started to concentrate on the candle. I told everybody to look at the flame stare into it imagine the atoms moving around and creating the fire and we looked and looked for about 3 min then it started to get bigger about 4 inches high then my friend Karoline freaked and it just went out the candle.
Wierd HUH

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
In my opinion the answers to your questions are"

1)No, I don't think it is new at all. I think that these"abilities" were seen as other things in the past. At best it may have been viewed as magic or the work of prophets, at worst it was seen as whichcraft-puts an interesting spin on witches and worlocks doesn't it?

2)I also think the answer to this is no. I think that more people now feel free to discuss these issues without fear of attacks or being made fun of -please see my topic in Paranormal-what do you call this.

3)I think that may be in error also. We (the US) had remote viewing program(s), they have "officially" be closed down, but I think they just went deep underground. I can not prove this, but you don't stop something that works and or otherws are using successfully.

4)I think we need to get togather and hekp each other understand and control our abilities. I fully understand people not wanting to disclose this sort of thing, but if not for board like here then what?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think superpowers have been around for ages. Look at the light beings of Jesus and Krishna. But accept for that even Wiccan got its beginning somewhere. I'm not sure if the amount of people is increasing at a rate proportional to the popuation, that would be hard to tell. I know as far as punching through steel, I've heard of tai-chi masters who punch steel all day and can punch through telephone poles and severly dent steel. I'm sure a lot of the people with the most extensive powers are absorbed by intelligence agencies.
I think pretty much anyone can have a power, its just a matter of if they are able to receive the gift or create the gift for themselves.
I always liked that quote from the matrix, if you wish to bend the spoon, you must bend yourself.
It would be amazing to see a group of gifted humans.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think it'd be really cool if gifted humans could form groups & learn from each other. On one hand I worry about the undue attention such groups could attract. On the other hand: maybe if we are to evolve as a species we need to start developing these abilities. Maybe in the future survival will depend on who developed these things and who didn't. For example: if there was a disaster and all the phone lines were knocked out, telepaths could be vital in terms of getting information from different areas.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think people with super powers/psychic abilities have been around sine forever. I think the increase of people with these powers because of population growth. The powers that be are themselves quite super human at times and I reckon they take it seriously. Over time people with these abilities will become more accepted once they have fine tuned their abilities and are able to prove their abilities with out doubt.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Alright, there actually seems to be support for this now, I am going to start looking into forming a web society for us. Also I am going to post a research project here on ATS.

I for one would love to have an accademy or some such for magik and other "super powers" I've been looking into it for a while and found some rather interesting things that I'll share, but not on the open forums. U2U me if you want some more info & I'll tell you guys when I have something on a new website.

If we're going to do this let's do it right.

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
*Update*

I have just submitted a request for an ATS Research Project regarding human abilites

Here's what I wrote:

I would like to start a research project regarding Magik and other paranormal human abilities. The purpose of this project would be to doccument the abilties and determine what the envelope for humanity may be and also how to utilize these powers for the benefit of the world.

The project would be ongoing with no set end date, as I hope to continue encountering new abilities.

The membership would initially consist of any ATS members willing to share what they know but eventually move beyond the forums to begin in the outside world.

I wish to put out a request for a few dedicated research team members who would like to work in recording abilities and helping draw conclusions.

If needed I could update you as often as you'd like about our progress, and I could have some other members U2U you to speak on behalf of the project.

Another plus is that I have acess to a great many libraries at research universities and along with them a great many experts, professors and other people with experence in the field.

Hopefully the project will be approved and we can begin work soon!

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
4) Should people with these abilities stick together & form online/realtime support groups/communities, or is it better to remain scattered & not attract attention? Or should people with these abilities be "outing" themselves on public boards at all? Or am I being paranoid? Or am I not being paranoid?

Personally, I have a lot of psychic "super powers". I don't think that I shoudl hide my head and hide my abilities just because people would hate me for it. I have telepathic abilities and I've told a few people--since then they've been afraid to talk to me.
We deffiantly need to band together. I don't know about everyone else, but I could totally use advice on how to control these powers. Even being able to talk to people about our problems from the powers would be great.
I am a bit paranoid about people knowing I'm an empath, have visions, etc. , but I think the first way yto acceptance is knowledge.

If anyone starts a private board for psychic people, PLEASE U2U me about it. I'd love to join.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
oh well, for the record here is what i can do

communicate with the other side
pick out evil/bad people, out a crowd
heal through talking (emotional healing)
sence true emotion in people :
depression, confusion, hurt, pain, happiness, warmth..etc..etc..etc

i have been told i am a HELPER ...

....if you beleive that kind of thing.

throuble with me is i dont, but i still can do all that..

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valedamar

Personally, I have a lot of psychic "super powers". I don't think that I shoudl hide my head and hide my abilities just because people would hate me for it. I have telepathic abilities and I've told a few people--since then they've been afraid to talk to me.
We deffiantly need to band together. I don't know about everyone else, but I could totally use advice on how to control these powers. Even being able to talk to people about our problems from the powers would be great.
I am a bit paranoid about people knowing I'm an empath, have visions, etc. , but I think the first way yto acceptance is knowledge.

If anyone starts a private board for psychic people, PLEASE U2U me about it. I'd love to join.

I know just exactly hoew you feel-see paranormal topic, what do you call this.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hey, after I saw Shauny's post, I thought it would be a good idea if I listed my gifts too, just to get i t all in the open
~Empathy
~Telepathy
~Visions
~Some RV
~Random telekenesis

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I should say what I can do, as well:

Precognitive dreams are what I'm best at.

I've also experienced telepathy, telekinesis, electro-magnetic stuff, etc -- but I would not classify myself as an expert at any of those things, because I can rarely perform them at will.

I also practice magic.

It's strange being able to do things that society says cannot happen, and then balancing my life between Society & the reality that I know exists.

And when I (very infrequently, now) tell people about this stuff, they think I'm certifiable...unless they actually witness something. Then they are usually scared of me.

I think a private internet group of people with different special abilities would be a good thing. We would have a lot to teach each other, and we wouldn't have to go around feeling guilty/crazy in regards to our abilities.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Pyschic-this has gotten me out of some potentially hazardous situations, people always consider me lucky, but I know

I also have this weird vision thing, I can see energy, its almost like I have hynogogic images without meditating, but its not exactly like that.

Ever since I did salvia, I have been able to see everything in pixels (I can do a lot with seeing patterns in it as well), but I can easily change it back to the normal state of seeing solid images, anybody know what this is all about??

[edit on 12-6-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Jamuhn: be careful when you take any mind-altering substances, natural supplements & chemicals alike. People with psychic abilities have just a way too sensitive nervous system & brain chemistry, and the effects of these substances can be unpredictable. The same thing goes for medications. I'm not saying not to take any of these things, but just to be very careful.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join