It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the worst picture from the oil spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Up to now, this has to be the most damning evidence of the oil spill's damage to the ocean, an Intellectual mammal such as a dolphin to be killed by some greedy man and his money, makes this photo more infuriating towards BP.

The article its self

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Poor Dolphin I wonder if a time will come when they will stop helping people in distress.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I just hope it didn't suffer when it died.

The sad part is that many animals are going through the suffering this dolphin has already went through.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
Up to now, this has to be the most damning evidence of the oil spill's damage to the ocean, an Intellectual mammal such as a dolphin to be killed by some greedy man and his money, makes this photo more infuriating towards BP.

The article its self

Scary thing is that dolphins breath air. Wonder if that's what killed it, or something tainted it ate.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's not just greedy men who cause this.

It's the rest of us too, because we keep buying oil at every turn.

And when oil is expensive we complain and demand cheaper prices.

Sure live in a fantasy world where this is all the fault of a few people, I hope ignorance is bliss.

Because in reality this is everyone's fault. Mine too, because I have used oil based products as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Completely agree. I recently updated my house to be an R2000 home. Switched to elec. heat and stopped driving anywhere that I can walk.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

True, although if we go in more detail we could blame the goverment or whomever for buying patents of inventors for free energy so they can keep it out of public use. Because this would of never happened if this wasn't the case.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
OMG ... (adapted from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy intro song)

So long and thanks for all the oil
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all but oh dear?

You may not share our intellect
Which might explain your disrespect
For all the natural wonders that
grow around you

So long, so long and thanks
for all the oil

The world's about to be destroyed
There's no point getting all annoyed
Lie back and let the planet dissolve

Despite those off shore drilling wells
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your
pregnant women

So long, so long, so long, so long, so long

for all the oil

(yeah)

So long and thanks for all the oil
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all but oh dear?

(oh dear)

Despite those off shore drilling wells
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your
pregnant women

for all the oil

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

I thought it was that patents were red-flagged and denied for certain things like profitable alternative energy sources?

If we go even a little deeper, we must realize it's just ignorance in the common man, and arrognace/greed at the top.

People are so many perspective shifts behind is all. Once we root it all back, we realize the entire structure must change. That the system itself has become a malignant cancer on humanity. It must be destroyed by force of will, and that will only come after both awareness and organization of the people.

The catch 22 is that people are too dispirited these days. They think in terms of simply providing for their family, working the 9-5, and enjoying a little entertainment to keep their sanity. Rinse and repeat.

Because the problems are already horribly bad, and yet we do nothing, how can we reasonably expect people to stand up in the future as these global issues become more frequent and intense?

We're simply continuing the insanity, and going bat$4it crazy in the process. Welcome to the demise of humanity, in a relatively short period of time.

I sure hope someone is carrying out a plan that will work. I do have hope that agenda 21 will address some of these issues, but am not sure.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by raz24400

Good for you!

I haven't drove in nearly a year. Ride a bike to get what I need. Set A/C to 79 if I even keep it on, fans blowing full speed (I'n in Texas, too!) . Cut back on meat, keep my clothes until they rip too much that I'd get a ticket for indecent exposure, and other little things.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I haven't drove in nearly a year. Ride a bike to get what I need.

You know, I find it a little ironic and suspicious that all this talk about a world beyond petroleum was brought about by a company called beyond petroleum.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

?

Actually, it's called British Petroleum. I think that's just a recent slogan they've used to get people think they're going green, all the while continuing same as usual.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I see your point, however I've found that I pay whatever price is demanded to put gas in my car to get to work (there is absolutely no public transportation in my area) and despite my best efforts I haven't been able to eliminate oil from my everyday doings. Alternatives can be hard to find, that's not an excuse. But the same people that are drilling the wells are often the ones stocking the shelves. Which comes first, our demand or their supply? There are many shades of gray and no easy answers but I would wager that the easiest, cheapest way for everyone to do anything will always be the way chosen. As long as oil is put forth as the easiest option it will be seen as providing supply for a demand. I think that is a flawed equation. And I will have a hard time shouldering the blame for a disaster (accidents can't be helped, this could have been) that was a direct result not of my need for a product but of a multi- billion dollar company trying to save maybe a few million dollars. They knew all of the risks and they were allowed to risk an entire ecosystem, not for my need but for their greed.
STH

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is very sad to see. Unfortunately that is only one dolphin. I am sure that many more will end up dead as a result of this oil leak, and if we can't stop it some of us may start to die.
This whole situation has been building since the incident occurred.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
What I wonder when I see these pictures is .. for every animal found dead on the beach, how many more succumbed from the toxins and where lost in ocean without washing ashore, and are therefore uncountable? 10, 100, 1000?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55

YOur illuminati card

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64256785ae7d.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 20-6-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Divinorumus

?

Actually, it's called British Petroleum. I think that's just a recent slogan they've used to get people think they're going green, all the while continuing same as usual.

Actually, the company is simply called BP.

The letters haven't stood for British Petroleum since they became a private company and merged with Amoco.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesyleps

Just a few years back... however Ken Abbot, a BP insider and whistleblower testified before congress last week, and called it British Petroleum...

So it's obviously still being called that internally....

new topics

top topics

join