It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Testament says the Veil is makes you dull.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
In the Bible of old times the veil or covering of women was when they prayed or prophesied or were in church, their clothing 2010 years ago was simple mainly just cloth so there had to be a distinction then and maybe certain social rules, but today in the Christian world we only find Nuns who cover their hair who are working with God for the greater good of the community.

Anyway just to clear that up I like to add some quotes from the Bible in how the New Testament removes the veil either literally or symbolically, either way it is seen as a way to oppress human behaviour and even the Bible says so.

Ezekiel 13 (New International Version)

17 "Now, son of man, set your face against the daughters of your people who prophesy out of their own imagination. Prophesy against them 18 and say, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Woe to the women who sew magic charms on all their wrists and make veils of various lengths for their heads in order to ensnare people. Will you ensnare the lives of my people but preserve your own? 19 You have profaned me among my people for a few handfuls of barley and scraps of bread. By lying to my people, who listen to lies, you have killed those who should not have died and have spared those who should not live.

Text

Although this is a very different setting you can see how the Veil is very negative, as you know it has security concerns in the West and Europe at air ports and society in general and no doubt many have used their Veils to lie their way in and out to even cover their bombs as it happens in different parts of the world.

Ezekiel 13:21 (New International Version)

21 I will tear off your veils and save my people from your hands, and they will no longer fall prey to your power. Then you will know that I am the LORD.
Text

Ezekiel is mainly about prophecy of the future anyway and how fitting that veils play and large part in the endtime deception and delusion of political correctness that we have seen mirrored today.

Ezekiel 13
False Prophets Condemned

20 " 'Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against your magic charms with which you ensnare people like birds and I will tear them from your arms; I will set free the people that you ensnare like birds. 21 I will tear off your veils and save my people from your hands, and they will no longer fall prey to your power. Then you will know that I am the LORD. 22 Because you disheartened the righteous with your lies, when I had brought them no grief, and because you encouraged the wicked not to turn from their evil ways and so save their lives, 23 therefore you will no longer see false visions or practice divination. I will save my people from your hands. And then you will know that I am the LORD.' "
Text

Ensnaring people in their politcal correct ways that not even the politicians can say anything about veils since it critices the Muslim faith which then brings riots that are out of proportion. But again this veil in Ezekiel 13 could also mean a symbolic veil.

NEW TESTAMENT.

Corinthians 3:14

But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.
Text

Again Muslims still take the Old Covenant seriously when in fact Jesus gave us freedoms from these old practices no longer needed by Jews. Then again the Muslims think they are the Jewish bloodlines anyway but again only through Ishmael and not Isacc. Again it is right symbolically that the veil dumbs down the human freedom and dulls the person's mind. As Corinthians 3 states, only Christ can take it away but they don't believe in Christ they believe in a the prophet Jesus. Of course Jesus was also a prophet he spoke of the future that is what prophets do and that is the original meaning of the word, you can not deny that the rest of the Bible calls Jesus Lord or the Son of God based on that.

2 Corinthians 3:13 (New International Version)

13We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away.
Text

Again the new times have come the Old Testament is old it was time to wake up 2010 years ago, not go back to -4000 years in history.

2 Corinthians 3

12Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. 13We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. 14But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect[a] the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Text

Again Muslims say they follow Moses and the Torah, we have to say which one? Because they think Moses and Noah met each other when in fact that was many years apart, so even their version of Genesis is different even if they say they follow the Torah. The veil covers their minds and emotions and freedoms while they think they are giving respect by it when in fact it is an oppression of the human emotions.

2 Corinthians 4
Treasures in Jars of Clay

1Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. 2Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. 3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. 6For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness,"[a]made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
Text

Symbolically the veil is very negative as a word, it is used to say how things were covered and literally the people of this world who are Veiled are Veiled from the Gospels of truth and the freedom of Christ, they are veiled by it from rules and laws and the banning of such information in a lot of the Muslim countries. The Koran mentions the Bible a lot, it even says they should read 'the book' or read it to find answers but unfortunately most don't have that book as a reference.

This is what the Koran Says.

Qur'an 33:59

"Prophet! Tell your wives and daughters and all Muslim women to draw cloaks and veils all over their bodies (screening themselves completely except for one or two eyes to see the way). That will be better."
Text

Yes it is in the Koran some say it is just a cultural thing.

Bukhari:V3B48N826

"The Prophet said, 'Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?' The women said, 'Yes.' He said, 'This is because of the deficiency of a woman's mind.'"
Text

Since when did Jesus ever speak this way? Anyway if women are covered up then that would be the case.

Qur'an 24:31

"Say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty except what (must) appear; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display them except to their husbands..."
Text

[edit on 20-6-2010 by The time lord]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Whatever. I am sure there are some quotes somewhere else in the bible that totaly contradicts this. Just like murder is bad in some verses, and others God seems to love and suggest to "his" people to commit it.

Any women on the planet that buys into this book is crazy. According the bible, women are 2nd class trailing WAY behind man. They are to BE QUIET in church, they are supposed to MARRY THEIR RAPISTS, now according to this they have to cover themselves up? Theres LOTS more of hate towards women in that ignorant book

It seems the Hebrew "God" and their bible really hates women, huh?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
Whatever. I am sure there are some quotes somewhere else in the bible that totaly contradicts this. Just like murder is bad in some verses, and others God seems to love and suggest to "his" people to commit it.

Any women on the planet that buys into this book is crazy. According the bible, women are 2nd class trailing WAY behind man. They are to BE QUIET in church, they are supposed to MARRY THEIR RAPISTS, now according to this they have to cover themselves up? Theres LOTS more of hate towards women in that ignorant book

It seems the Hebrew "God" and their bible really hates women, huh?

That was Old Testament tribal practices, it was contained to them and God's law and agreements with God at the time, they held their promises and ancient practices untill man's relation with God allowed for more tollerance untill certain covenants were made untill the change of their ways were made. God had to keep their Adamite bloodlines alive to keep Mary's bloodline intact for when Jesus arrived so there was a lot of wars and battles but only for the greater good of mankind, many times man and fallen ones could have destroyed us, but God when needed wiped away the threats but he also let man do the work most of the fighting.

There were Satanic threats and Angelic threats to the tribes where Angels and man combined to produce the Nephilim which was against God's plans and rules.
Today we have Genetic experiments as an example and we have stories of Alien abduction and impregnations which is no different to what happened during those days.
But people would rather believe that and over look the true explantions of the Bible, which has not only shed light on our human history but has proved a bench mark of works that no other ancient source can compare with it.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by The time lord]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I believe that the Bible has shaped Western society and opened our ways to tolerance and freedoms. Most of the justice system is based on the Bible, there is a lot of putting your hand on the Bible and swearing by it as way of showing your values and truths, because the Bible speaks in the manner of truths, there are no scheming open ended passages telling to deceive or to lie in a manner of repetition or commands to go and hate your neighbour or fight them. The Old Testament is Historical, it has some form of guidance but that has been done away with to Christians as complete faith has overridden the Law practices of long ago.

There is now freedom from the bondage to the old covenant, the Bible speaks of freedoms for the Jews and the saving of all gentiles on earth and not a selected group or bloodline, and all Christians are spiritual bloodlines of Abraham now. All this with a more modern understanding and rediscovered teaching of the Bible that is what makes society free compared to other worldly systems such as fascism, tribal laws, communism, dictatorships and conquests and so on because the Bible as a guide does away with that.
I say this, if we do away with the Bible then expect the floodgates of hellish systems coming your way soon.
People put up with those oppressive regimes easily and yet blast the Bible and its moral codes away,
It's a very sad state in which people have been lead down to.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What I am trying to say is that the use of the word Viel is very negative in the Bible, we know the Bible says women should be covered in church or when prophecying but some today suggest it was a code of conduct for those times and traditions concerning clothes.

Even so what I read is that to be Veiled throughout your whole life probably demeans your sense of worth, not only are you below your normal respect line but made dull as prisoner where as some women are covered in places of worship stated in the New Testament but not totally run by this dress code thrughout their lives. Even so I don't think anyone today apart from Nuns are going to be covered from head to toe. There has been enough fashion in culture to make you think twice about it without being religious but today and in a way it has hidden message of what is now its biggest rival religion which is Islam which has the opposite overall message where the snake is forcing to eat its own tail again.

new topics

top topics

join