It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT - is lava now on the sea floor in the Gulf?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

No reason to get your knickers in a wad. I was asking a question because you sounded like you might know something about it. I guess you don't like anyone to ask you a question. I wasn't trying to upset you,because if I was I would have responded to this
"God wake up people. This is ATS for christ's sake. Think"

You sounded like you had some knowledge on these things,but I guess I was wrong.Enjoy

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have been watching the ROV heading for a while. And i see that the ROV is drifting to the right. That might explain why people see shadows or dark spots changing shapes do to the light changing position.

At 16:23:00 the heading was 287.6 degrees. It was later at a heading of 285.0 degrees. That means the light would light up a different spot on the sea bed. This probably creates a illusion of that something is happening here.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I thought I had asked a valid question to you and you get upset and say you will come back and tell me so. Well I will be looking forward to that.If my question was too hard for you understand tell me and I will ask a little slower next time.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

What is the problem, SPY? I am awake, and I was thinking this through. And merely stating my simple conclusions. If I am incorrect, please oh please oh please tell me and help me understand better. That is why I am here. I want to understand and know what is going on.

I was under the assumption that this is a forum for 'discussion', if I am incorrect, please let me know!

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
THATS IT! I'm spammng this thread until I get an answer!

Hey guise,
I wonder if this could explain the red that you guys keep seeing. check it out.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9539161eeea5.jpg[/atsimg]

Subsea Tech presents a new underwater metrology system consisting in a Laser Pointer and Inspection Viewer software. It is a complete solution for measuring any kind of distance on ROV images. The Laser pointer is made of 4 red laser diodes assembled on a ring. Once they are recorded through the ROV video camera, the images are processed by the post processing software

metrology-system-30441-191490.html

could the big ROV's have something similar?

Here is another ROV with a different laser device, this one measures distance.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc6d13347091.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandyfro

I guess I am not the only on here that has ruffled spys feathers. This is pretty damn interesting isn't it. I hate to think of what may be coming our way.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by spy66

No reason to get your knickers in a wad. I was asking a question because you sounded like you might know something about it. I guess you don't like anyone to ask you a question. I wasn't trying to upset you,because if I was I would have responded to this
"God wake up people. This is ATS for christ's sake. Think"

You sounded like you had some knowledge on these things,but I guess I was wrong.Enjoy

I answered you question.

Its not uncommon for the ROV pilot to leave the cameras on. Its more uncommon for them to turn them of.

If the recordings stop, That might be do to some other reason, I am not there so i am not sure why. In the ROV cabin they also have recorders that record everything on tape. The recordings might be do to that they have to change tape. But i am not sure.

But i know for a fact that this is a parking spot for the ROV when it is not in service. I know that by just looking at the camera view from the ROV.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IcarusDeepSea

Thats a really really good way to find yourself on a bunch of ignore lists.. settle down

~meathead

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

I forgot about the ignore button.
just trying to get an answer.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I have a question. Are the ROVs you display even the same type used at this location.

It looks like a old magnum to me, that we are receiving images from?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

hi,
no these are tiny but the laser technology is universal. I couldn't find a picture of the big ones with the lasers.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

sorry can't help, just wanted to let you know I actually guffawed out loud hearitly after seeing all that, you have eased the tension of a long day of internet doom, thanks

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IcarusDeepSea
reply to post by spy66

hi,
no these are tiny but the laser technology is universal. I couldn't find a picture of the big ones with the lasers.

To my knowledge this technology is not fitted onto a Magnum ROV that i know of. They still rely on depth, Boise placed at sea bed for Heading, Sonar and visual images from the camera.

I know the problem of determining accurate distance to a object with a camera that displays 2D projections.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join