It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT - is lava now on the sea floor in the Gulf?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
soooo, not the laser?
I'm sorry but I can't watch the video stream at work so I am just guessing here.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandyfro
see! He's not just parked there and sleeping, he's moving again! Or maybe it just adjusted the camera, panned out and refocused.

There IS something there that they are interested in!

When i think about it. What the ROV is connected to is a anker. It is put on the sea bed for the ROVs to park at. The cord above in the image is the ROVs umbilical cord.

There is nothing going on at this location. Its a safe aria outside the aria of interest.

PS: They would not let the umbilical cord lay over or that close to a hot spot.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

I am not sure if there is something leaking 'there.' There is so much debris floating by; wouldn't it be pushed in an upward manner as it passed over whatever gas-bubbles-heat is being released? It only looks like the debris is moving directly with the currents.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Is it the saser!!! the laser the laser!!! aaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandyfro
reply to post by ressiv

I am not sure if there is something leaking 'there.' There is so much debris floating by; wouldn't it be pushed in an upward manner as it passed over whatever gas-bubbles-heat is being released? It only looks like the debris is moving directly with the currents.

God wake up people. This is ATS for christ's sake. Think!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Answer this why leave the camera on if it is down there to rest? They turn the others off and stop recording. Just because there is not anything happening right now maybe they have seen something that interested them and they want to watch this area a little closer.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by spy66

Answer this why leave the camera on if it is down there to rest? They turn the others off and stop recording. Just because there is not anything happening right now maybe they have seen something that interested them and they want to watch this area a little closer.

This is common practice, sometimes they leave the cameras on. There is nothing odd with that at all.

I know this because i work with ROVs all the time in the North sea.

PS, they even have the cameras on when parked in the cage 50m below the rig/boat.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Anyone that scuba dives knows that over 80 feet anything red becomes black. When you do an advanced deep dive course, they take a chip packet or sheet of red plastic so you can see the effect. a bright red sheet becomes a black sheet. you need special lights and filters to see the red clearly.

But has anyone taken an intense red light with them- to see what would happen at the same depths...?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandyfro

If you look closely you will see something creeping up out of the dark areas in the floor. Not alot but there is something coming up from the right side of the crack.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by theregonnakillme

But has anyone taken an intense red light with them- to see what would happen at the same depths...?

You're mocking me aren't you?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Did anyone catch that? It looked as though something fell into the gap at the top right of the crack.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Does it look like the amount of material coming out on 1 has increased quite a bit all of the sudden!?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Ok that I do not think was the prop wash.If it was you would have seen more of it and it probably wouldn't come out of the crack alone.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Seems like something is or has happened on #1. What's going on? This looks pretty crazy!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

I noticed that, too.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

If that is common practice then we should see the other ROV cameras when they they are resting. I don't think the are just leaving it on while it rests. They have more ROV's that can run cameras while this one rests.They are interested in something. I haven't seen them leave the cameras on any other time when the ROV is resting.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanessa99

Thank you! Yeah it seems the flow has increased quite dramatically and it seems like things could even be breaking lose from within the flow? I dunno enough to be sure what I'm looking at exactly but it has changed a great deal in the littler time I have been watching it!

Edit for S&G.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Redwookieaz]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Exactly. My daughter and I were watching it, and something appeared to break loose, and she said Mom what was that?? Now its tripled the amount that coming out, and almost looks as if its burning (although that is not possible??)

And, on the ROV2 cam, the red glowing spots have been replaced by a grey colored fuzz. It almost appears photoshopped. My husband also saw the spots, and they are not there now.

Weird stuff.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by spy66

If that is common practice then we should see the other ROV cameras when they they are resting. I don't think the are just leaving it on while it rests. They have more ROV's that can run cameras while this one rests.They are interested in something. I haven't seen them leave the cameras on any other time when the ROV is resting.

Ok. Happy hunting. You know better i suppose.

Soon this ROV will move back to the location it is supposed to be at. Mark my words i will be back to tell you so.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanessa99

Yeah that's what I saw too! Glad I wasn't the only one! I wonder if the hole is about to break wide open or if the BOP or whatever is gonna tip/sink!? They said it was becoming very unstable! Wonder also what that means as far as flow and any chances of ever stopping the leak!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join