It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Revolution and the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I found these 4 videos today and I would like to get your take on them ATS.

They say you are not suppose to talk about religion and politics, this coves both!

A very interesting message and could give some direction.

Enjoy!

[edit on 20-6-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I like the opinions on religion especially.

He really goes against the grain there, and for good reason of course.

It may seem counter-intuitive, but in reality 99% of so called Christians (or followers of other religions) are huge hypocrites.

I really liked the part where he said "If Jesus went back in time preaching the words of modern churches, he would have never been crucified". So true so true.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I heard the audio of the first video months ago on a radio show but I didn't see the video until today. The first video was so good that I wanted to see some other videos that he had done.

Boy was I pleasantly surprised!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Meh, not bad. Interesting take on Christianity, for sure. However, I for one, need a more explicit explanation of how the world came to be, and I need answers for the last, oh, 40 000 years, before I can take anything the Bible has 'literally'.

Albeit, I am waiting for Babylon, whore of Mystery to get hers, 'figuratively', of course.

edit to add: I don't know if I would like Christians to band together with guns and revolt. That gives me the whim wams.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well he has a point. Good videos. S+F

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
We I though this would have had a few more comments by now.

Where are all the Liberals with their delightful comments?

What about the Conservatives jumping for joy that this is on here?

You guys do realize we no longer live in a republic right?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
I don't know if I would like Christians to band together with guns and revolt. That gives me the whim wams.

lol, gives you the whim whams ???
once upon a time, 200+ years ago,
Christians with guns and revolting
gave us our Declaration of Independence
and Constitution.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Like minded people fighting a common cause for the betterment of all man kind. No wonder TPTB don't like Patriots. Right now being a patriot could cost you everything and in a few years it will cost you nothing.

The longer we wait to reclaim this republic the harder it will be.

Tea parties and flag waving have gotten us nowhere we must be ready to follow in the footsteps of our founding fathers.

The tree of liberty is dieing.

Join me! We can win back this republic.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Well...comment on the videos.

The first video...that is a stretch of the 2nd amendment. The right to bear arms somehow equals we can violently overthrow the government when our personal "line" has been crossed??? So anyone who thinks the government isn't doing what they personally want...they can violently revolt? That may be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

The kingdom of heave videos...well that is his personal take on Christianity that he claims is the "truth"...you can add it to the other thousands of personal takes on Christianity that claim they are the "truth". Why can't people just hold their own personal belief and not feel the need to try to push their "truth" on to everyone else and call everyone else wrong???

And then there is this:

Like minded people fighting a common cause for the betterment of all man kind. No wonder TPTB don't like Patriots. Right now being a patriot could cost you everything and in a few years it will cost you nothing.

The longer we wait to reclaim this republic the harder it will be.

Are you suggesting that you must be a Christian to be a "patriot"???

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well I guess not everyone likes freedom.
Its all good though.
We are begining to reach critical mass and when that happens the time for talking about political diffrences is over.

It will be time for action.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I found this interesting.

I tended to agree with the first video. The Founders did recognize that violence is necessary as the safeguard of liberty. It is surprising to me that so many people find this difficult to believe when every state throughout history has used violence as its ultimate sanction against those who would oppose it.

When enough people are willing to commit to resisting violence, be it either passively or aggressively, that is when change occurs.

As for the Christianity stuff, it's all interpretive based on sources. I don't want to wade into that.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think you have a misconception of Christianity.

Man lives in sin. They can never be god or act like god which has no sin.
So if you are expecting some man to be perfect you are looking in the wrong place.

Once you know this and understand this then you will have a better understanding.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well I guess not everyone likes freedom.
Its all good though.
We are begining to reach critical mass and when that happens the time for talking about political diffrences is over.

It will be time for action.

I don't believe that everyone does like freedom. A lot will argue that "freedom" is something that humans naturally desire. I personally believe that "safety" is what people naturally desire.

What goes wrong is when people mistake freedom for safety or vice-versa.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think you have a misconception of Christianity.

Man lives in sin. They can never be god or act like god which has no sin.
So if you are expecting some man to be perfect you are looking in the wrong place.

Once you know this and understand this then you will have a better understanding.

Can you provide some evidence or links with hard evidence? I do not live in sin. If you wish to live your short life believing you are inately bad then do so, but unless you can show me some evidence of God and that he spoke to one of us through a burning bush then please spare us the insult of calling me a sinner. I am as perfect a human as ever has been.

Once you know and understand this you will have lived a life.

top topics

join