It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by queenannie38
I think we are pretty much in agreement.
The difference is that we are in the middle but still on the other side of the fence.
The concept's 19th century origins lie in attempts to account for discontinuities in biogeography, however, the concept of Lemuria has been rendered obsolete by modern understanding of plate tectonics.
The concept and the name were proposed by 19th century traveler and writer Augustus Le Plongeon, who claimed that several ancient civilizations, such as those of Egypt and Mesoamerica, were created by refugees from Mu — which he located in the Atlantic Ocean. This concept was popularized and expanded by James Churchward, who asserted that Mu was once located in the Pacific.
Lemuria and Mu are interchangeable names given to a lost land believed to have been located somewhere in either the southern Pacific or Indian Oceans. This ancient continent was apparently the home of an advanced and highly spiritual culture, perhaps the mother race of all mankind, but it sank beneath the waves many thousands of years ago as the result of a geological cataclysm of some kind.
27. Before that we find the entity was in that land now known as the American, during the periods when there were the sojourning of those from the land of Mu, or Lemuria.
21. The entity was among those that were to become the emissaries or the sojourners in what is now the Incal land, or the Peruvian land. Later from that sojourn the entity came to what is now the Central American land, aiding in the establishing of not only the tenets but the manners and the forms of worship during those sojourns. The entity was among the princesses of the land, not only of the Atlantean but of the Ohum [Aymaras] and Og lands - and later Muri [?] [Lemuria?]. [Mu?]
13. Before that we find the entity was in that land now known as the American, during those periods when there were the changes that had brought about the sinking of Mu or Lemuria, or those peoples in the periods who had changed to what is now a portion of the Rocky Mountain area; Arizona, New Mexico, portions of Nevada and Utah.
10. Before this we find the entity was in that land now known as the Egyptian, during those periods when there were the turmoils and strifes that had arisen from the rebelling forces after the banishment of the Priest and with the beginnings of the entering in of those from the isles of the sea, or those from the Atlantean land. It was when those changes came about through the activities with the correlating of those in the Indian, the Mongolian, the Caucasian, the Incan, and even in what may be called the descendants from Mu or Lemuria. These the entity aided in gathering those tenets in the various forms as to the activities and associations; and the entity's interests then were in the means of communications with those of many lands and those activities that made it not only possible for the spiritual upbuild but the mental and commercial associations.
42. There the entity was among those who were the outcome of those who had come from the land of Mu, or Lemuria.
52. Before that we find the entity was in the land now known as or called the Gobi, or that wherein the lands now called Indo-China or Siam, India or the Zulu[?] land and Mu or Lemuria, were combined with the teachings of many peoples.
Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
---According to Plato, Atlantis was in existence 9,000 years before Solon. That is around 9600BC. This does not jive with any Minoan time lines.