posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:16 PM
OK, as much as the original poster seems to have tried to shoe horn some facts to represent the Atlantis 'theory' to gain some extra credits, it's
been widely accepted now for some time that the following is actually based in fact:
1. santorini is the real place that a civilisation lived and prospered and what was what was/is now accepted as the basis for the Atlantian
2. This Society was in fact, the Minoans;
3. The eruption of the volcanic crest that was (is) Santorini completely destroyed the Minoan society that was then living within the confines of
Santorini that bore (bears) a remarkable resemblance to that which Plato described as the 'circular' set of islands which composed 'Atlantis';
4. The Minoans were WELL in advance of the then current standard civilisations inhabiting the Med/Aegean areas it's port(s) being a key nexus for
trade routes which in many ways, made it out to be a then latter day Alexandria due to it's cosmopolitan existence;
5. The tsunami that was caused by the eruption and consequent destruction of Santorini caused most of the Minoan outposts on the other Greek/Turkish
Ports to be totally obliterated wiping their presence almost overnight, off of the face of the earth. Indeed, fragments of 'Atlantian' pottery have
been found many hundreds of feet within the Cretian Mountains, ample proof of the force of the ensuing Tsunami and it's devastation.
The hard, scientific evidence is now mounting up in that Plato was hearing/recording many separate accounts of the destruction of what was at the
time, a truly shining civilisation that lived within a time of relative barbarisoum, rather than some super-human civilisation that could command time
Sorry Guys, all the REAL evidence is out there for you to read and digest.
And for this post specifically, the Arctic??!!! Plato clearly states that Atlantis is situated in an area that has weather similar to the Med. I
think that clearly puts the Arctic out of the game.