It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists declare the end is nigh, yet we ignore the message..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I came across this interesting article wich in part has been hosted on ATS before...
Yet this article focusses on the way we humans listen to these scientists and their wrning of the End Of The World...

www.heraldsun.com.au...

All that was left to do was to prepare "a guidebook for global warming survivors ... on durable paper with long-lasting print".

Its quite astonishing that this is the trend these days... We write their message of as Fear-mongering while at the same time agreeing with other things said by those scientists... I see a trend popping up wich can only be described as "stickin one's head in the sand". We really dont want to face the possibility of our kids or grandkids dying by our own actions...

Is it time to start accepting the fact that we screwed up big-time?

[edit on 20/6/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
And keep in mind that this prediction is done based on the problem of global warming... not taking into account the tons of other things humanity has done wich dealt great damage to earth... How many oil has already been spilled? The whole GOM oil spill is getting alot of attention but that incident is just a drop of water in the ocean compared to ALL the oil that has been and is being spilled..

There is so much going on ATM that this prediction of humanity not surviving another 100 years could very well be a generous estimate of the time we ave left... There is so much going on wich in theory could speed things up beyond expectations...

Also take into account the numerous reports of D.U.M.B.'s built allover the world, the seed-vaults, the librabry's being emptyed...
The world is screwed and there are TONS of people out there who believe this so firmly that they are spending trillions of dollars to prepare for whatever it is thats gonna happen...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I don't think it's so much that many people are ignoring it.

It's just.....what the heck are we supposed to do about it? If we sat and ruminated about it all the time, it would make the time we have left unbearable.

We seem powerless as a world to make real changes. Many of us try in our own little ways, but it doesn't seem to be good enough.

That's my two.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

It's just.....what the heck are we supposed to do about it? If we sat and ruminated about it all the time, it would make the time we have left unbearable.

We seem powerless as a world to make real changes. Many of us try in our own little ways, but it doesn't seem to be good enough.

That's my two.

When I talk to my family and friends about these things their answer is simply that they just DONT WANNA KNOW... I agree with you that its pointless to be scared of the inevitable but is that really ok? If I had the possibility to stretch the life of my kids by even a day I would do anything to accomplish that...

Well the fact that I'm a christian and am pretty much waiting for the fact that humanity screws things up helps me to be not scared... The way I learned it is that humanity would eventually be on a self-destructive path wich would have to be stopped by god..

Mark 13:17-20 (Today's New International Version)

17 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 18 Pray that this will not take place in winter, 19 because those will be days of distress unequaled from the beginning, when God created the world, until now—and never to be equaled again.

20 "If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive. But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them.

So combining al this would put the day of Harmageddon anywhere in the coming 100 years?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

You have to keep in mind that this article is one mans point of view. It's far from being gospel. That's not to say that we shouldn't be changing the way we do things on this Earth... on that you will get no argument from me.

IRM

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
if you took the time and acquainted yourself with the history of AGW, its typical mode of support and the people behind it, you'd understand why people are typically reluctant (understatement!) about destroying the economic wealth of a century and turning the world over to a dictatorship of 'experts' whose historical track record is, well, unambiguous.

once, it was feared that the world would be covered in horse manure by the year 2000, then an ice age was due, according to the 70s' mainstream, then we had acid rain and forests scheduled to die 'within the decade' or sometimes, with surprising regularity at that time, 'by the year 2000'. etc, etc.

guess what, it's cold around here, has been all year long, now like 15 centigrades below what one would expect. summer solistice, remember. note i am not complaining, just stating facts. the alarmists are very selective, glacial records, yes, if they show low CO2 in the past. not so much when they reveal fossilized trees at 4000m sea level. this forum is full of these aspects, simply trusting some group affiliation is revealing, tbh. i vividly remember the 'predictions' err, sorry, projections. hot and dry, can you guess what it's like? the exact opposite? yes, that's exactly what it is like and if any of you bring '2050AD' into this i will simply laugh, but not in an amused way.

there are many pressing issues, all of which are being blocked out or relegated to the sidelines either by 'global warming' and the 'war on terror' and nothing changes for the better.

edit: if the world 'ends' one day, i predict it will be through nuclear war as a result of misguided policies based on a lack of sense and a lot of perverted ambition.

[edit on 2010.6.20 by Long Lance]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the title global warming will always be ignored by anyone that has taken the time to look into it seriously because there is no such thing .
talk to me about climate change and i will listen .

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
In my POV This whole global warming might be true but it surely isn't whats gonna be the end of humanity.... I think humans will find another way to destroy any possibility of having a life on this planet...
-Nuclear war.
-Polution growing out of proportions.
-Global warming.
-The new peak in sun-activity.

The list could go on but the idea is clear... there is any number of ways to realise a drastic decrease in the human populace... And most if not all of them have a very real chance of coming to pass...

True, scientists have warned of doom&gloom for a long time... but as with all prophecy's one scientist is bound to be correct sooner or later.. humanity is on a self-destructing path. this has been recognized as fact... its just a matter of time until we've reached the point of no return, if we havent passed that yet...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

You know as well as I we don't know when it will come, but it does look like it's getting closer.

All the more reason to do the best we can, continue trying to improve what we can, making our children as happy as we can, without making them aware of our suspicions.

The Biblical prophecies are essentially terrifying, and maybe everyone should at least read them once. But studying on them and continually referencing them would throw a sane woman into crazy town.

I am occasionally plagued with existential dilemma's which I struggle with, and try to temper, because I don't want to become non-productive. I don't want to ever stop trying.

But, as a Christian, don't you think God wants us to be happy?
Because I do.

[edit on 6/20/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

You have to keep in mind that this article is one mans point of view. It's far from being gospel. That's not to say that we shouldn't be changing the way we do things on this Earth... on that you will get no argument from me.

IRM

I agree with you here but its also true that this opinion isn't his alone... I am shocked over and over by the hypocracy I see right here on ATS... I feel that the general ATS public is quite up to speed on the seriousness of the current world-events... But still there are lots of people eagerly down-playing anything major happening...

As I pointed out in my 2nd post there are powerfull people out there spending trillions upon trillions solely to prepare for whatever they believe is coming... I dont know about you but if I would see the president being hauled away to some D.U.M.B. I would get in 5th gear and save whatever I could save... IMO This is already happening with all those seed-vaults, DNA-banks and other related things being stored safely for even the worst of cataclysmic events...

All I'm saying is that it would be kinda ignorant to say that all is fine while we KNOW that the Bigshots on this planet are obviously preparing for something that isnt "fine"

@ladyinwaiting

I agree its not in our best interest to just idly sit by and be scared of whatever it is to come... But even though the bible talks about a lot of scary stuff yet to pass and some of it already having passed, this has a 2fold effect on me... On 1 side I feel that all the things accumulating today testify of the bible's accuracy and value for the future. On the other hand the bible speaks of a possibility to survive those events... Its a matter of choice...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ive been researching conspiracy theories (amongst other things) for over 10 years or so now. The last 2 years I kinda took a back seat, in my eyes my work and research came to a stop, as if I was completely annoyed at everything; as if there is nothing we can do to stop these evil rich people from controlling and destroying our planet.

I more or less made peace with myself, I know that we are on the road to hell and just like the rest of you; my family immediately shout "I DON'T WANNA KNOW" whenever I try and talk about things like this.

People like me and you guys care, I think we were born before our time.

At the end of the day, we are born to die, and if our planet dies with us then maybe that's a good thing. Its maybe a good thing because that means that no more human being have to be born after we are dead, it means no more death, because that is the meaning of life - death...and when I die and meet "God" I am going to tie him up and punch his head in and shout terrible things at him for apparently creating this planet so us humans can be brought into the world to experience all this evil and then DIE! WTF is the point in that? Whoever gave us life are the bringers of death.

I didn't ask to be born, did you?

The world will end some day, but one thing is for a sure; you and me are going to die anyway, including our kids!

There is bad management in the spirit world, they have it all wrong!

Where is Bruce Almighty when you need him the most

[edit on 20/6/2010 by the_denv]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

I really enjoyed your post. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

eveyone IS ignoring it, the person above me, the person below me, NONE of us care what happens as long as we got our nice house's, fancy cars and lots of money that we our tooo pig headed to share with anyone. people seem to think if we sweep our mistakes under the rug it will all go away

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

That's my two.

I'm sorry but this is very foolish. People ARE ignoring it. It's not about sitting around and thinking about this day in and day out
What would that accomplish?

The problem is PEOPLE. There's a lack of political will, because PEOPLE are too stupid to realize what must be done. If PEOPLE felt empowered and became organized, this wouldn't be an issue.

There actually is a plan already mapped out, and it's called Agenda 21, sustainable development. Stupid people think this plan is evil, merely because it challenges their traditional values. It's too much change for people to accept, so they irrationally project their fears onto these ideas as evils

Because people choose to remain so ignorant, the elite are doing this hush-hush. People could get involved if they wanted to, but they don't. So, we will be forced to change for our own good. Does anyone honestly think the elite want to force humanity to change so drastically? NO. They just realize we're mostly idiotic and insecure. They are saving us from ourselves!

So, because of our ignorance, people are starting to "wake up"
. This group of back-lashers will likely cause so much more harm than good. If they actually thwart sustainable development, we're most likely screwed as a species.

We speak out against mega-corporations, but don't realize, there's already a plan to dismantle them and implement the utopia we all want. Well, for the most part. It will be as forceful as our continued ignorance allows. Because we've chosen not to listen to these scientists for decades and continue our foolish and unsustainable paths, there will be some drawbacks from current day civilization.

What can be done for the average person? Accept reality. Accept that we're ripping through too many resources. Accept that we're overpopulated. Accept that the old way of, "go forth and multiply" no longer is wise. Accept that automobiles will likely be a thing of the past in the near future. Accept that globalization will break down, and we'll all have to desert big-cities and spread ourselves out in micro-communities worldwide. Accept that change is inevitable, and we've had a good, long run of living it up. Accept that we reap what we sow.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Good positive feedback UE! Bravo! Makes me want to go do something constructive!

ETA: Where can I read Agenda 21?

[edit on 6/20/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

UN: Sustainable Development

It's right out in the open for anyone to see.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Unityemissions touched the point I was trying to make... Even if there are forces trying to change things for the better humans as a whole would still fight it because we care to much for what we have... Humans are very scared of losing what they have... this mindset is whats destroying us and why most people wont listen to warnings given...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Because turning my lights off at night will make no difference, should I stop doing so? What if 6,700,000,000 turned the lights off at night?

Every single person doing one tiny inconsequential thing adds up.

Together we are stronger than we think.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Well said, and this is the perspective of empowerment I was trying to hit at.

I, alone, cause next to no change. You, alone, cause next to no change.

WE, together, shape this world.

The issue is seeing our selves as disconnected.

We are the emissions of light, united.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
Is it time to start accepting the fact that we screwed up big-time?

We? Whoa, whoa.. back up, talk for yourself.. I haven't screwed up in any way, I was born into a twisted apathetic world and more or less forced to participate. I'll blame the older generations, especially the hippies.

By the way.. anyone telling me I should trust the elite, that they're saving us from ourselves and OUR stupidity destroying nature.. I'm not buying it.
They're the single biggest defiler of mother nature to date, they've held back all alternatives to fossil fuels and basically done everything to ____ sh_t up. If it wasn't for them I'd be driving a hemp fuel driven car.. yeah I'm lying, I wouldn't since I don't have a license but the point is if it wasn't for them I could drive one if I wanted to.. hell my grandfather could've driven one if it wasn't for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join