It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleeping with the Enemy: BP's Deals with Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Sleeping with the Enemy: BP's Deals with Iran

www.time.com

The Iranian entity with which BP has partnered in these ventures is the Swiss-based NaftIran, a key player in Iran's energy sector and a major strategic asset for the country, according to U.S. officials, western intelligence agencies and outside analysts. "[NaftIran] is a big story for us," says one U.S. official who tracks Iranian strategic interests. NaftIran buys the vast majority of Iran's petroleum imports, the officials say, and it is "heavily funded" by the central government in Iran. U.S. officials believe some of the company's investment decisions are made by Iran's parliamen
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
video.foxnews.com

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/6/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i was quite shocked when flicking past the fox news channel to hear the words "Iran owns 24 million shares in b.p so in a way its almost like iran's drilling off the coast of the united states" they also referenced an article in time magazine (link above) foxes headline was B.P doing business with the enemy. just thought I'd post this as it may be of interest to some of you also feel free to post any links or related material.

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-6-2010 by danielhanson420]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/6/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

Yep. I mentioned in a thread here on ATS BP and the Iran Connection- Was it Sabotage? Iran's relationship with BP goes back a long way, and Iran has the third largest amount of oil
reserves in the world. In the event of a nuclear war, radiated oil fields would be a no use to BP or Iran. Even with traditional weapons, many oil fields would go out of commission, knocking out one of their primary sources of income.

Who, more than anyone stood to gain from having attention diverted away from the possible invasion/bombing of Iran that was gaining in strength at the time this "accident" in the Gulf of Mexico happened, than Iran?

And if you study Iranian military strategy, which was subject of another thread I posted, their number one strategy is to divert attention away from their country by potential attackers.

And if they were responsible for this sabotage, their plan to divert attention away from Iran has succeeded.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Shouldn't be too much of a surprise. Oil companies do business with anybody running the place the oil is. They have to. We demand it of them. People wouldn't be willing to pay at the pump for ethical oil company behaviour.

Compiling a list of the nasty characters our oil addiction has enriched over the last century would take a while....

In this specific case it looks like the company in question is a sovereign wealth fund of sorts investing in oil industry projects. Its legal. Until its made illegal it will continue. Dont hold your breath for that.

We are in a world where the world of business operates independent of the nation state. This will only get more apparent as time goes on. You cant appeal to an international companies patriotism.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thats the new, cooler way of a false flag op.

Iran may hold so and so much shares of BP but This answer of Jaunty Flanigan in another thread

shows another picture.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Two things....

1. What does the NAFT in naftiran stand for?
2. Since when is Iran an enemy of the US? Obviously the current regime is not exactly our friends.... But the Iranian people are not an enemy of the us...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The source being Time says a bit there... and BP stayed within the limits of the Iran Evil Suppression... I mean "Iran sanctions Act" so it's sort of a non-issue. The press is taking any shot at BP right now (a la BP CEO in a yacht race - oh noes!! oh noes!!).

I'm not supporting BP or Iran in this, just saying it's business and media at work here - nothing surreptitious.

new topics

top topics

join