It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


how do i get a registered sex offender removed from facebook

page: 1

log in


posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:43 AM
hi guys,

I have recently found the person who attacked me come up on suggestions on facebook, he is a registered sex offender,

how do i notify anyone about this? I would like people to be protected from this evil man

[edit on 20-6-2010 by prettygreeneyes26]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:42 AM
I've always hated Facebook and Myspace suggestions. Sometimes it is helpful, but most times not. And I suppose since he is being suggested to you, likewise you might be suggested to him. Now that is an awful thought. Usually, these suggestions occur when you have similar friends - maybe you should start there, and notify the persons with whom you are both familiar. I've recently shut down all of my social networking web pages, due to inactivity and disinterest, but from memory I believe you may also block the person. I would say start a group page if you seek to notify a wider audience, but this might involve the person in your life further than you desire, cause him to retaliate, or be a breach of Facebook policy, i.e. harassment.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:00 AM
My advice would be to notify your friends but dont announce it because it could start to look like your harassing him. Which could get you into trouble. Unless he is harassing you then you could notify the admins at Facebook and have him removed. Im sorry if this is similar to the above post.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:26 AM
Delete your account on FB and never look back.

Even if you could get him removed (which you can't), another perv will slide into his place.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:07 PM
reply to post by prettygreeneyes26

Tread lightly. Harassing someone from information gained from a registered sex offender list is serrious business. He would have legal grounds to presscharges on you in a criminal court and a civil suit.
I would just let it go and don't add him as a friend.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:56 PM
Only tell your closest friends - then delete your account. Not much else you can do unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:56 PM
There's not much you can do about it really.. I mean you get murderers etc creating facebook accounts from prison and they're allowed to keep them so I doubt fb would be fussed about having a sex offender or two on there.

The only option you've got really is to block them, then they wont come up anywhere on your fb apart from your block list.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
Yhea I can't see what you can really do, maybe monitor him for signs of grooming? We all know that pervs have rights too.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:54 PM
I would prefer to be able to track him and know his whereabouts personally.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:40 AM
reply to post by Signals

I would do exactly this and delete your account facebook and myspace suck anyways what good are they for anyways .

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
Like another poster said, "Block him" (and send a private message to your friends to do likewise)....

Personally, I find FB to be a great way to keep in touch with old friends and share what's going on in our lives, at our own conveniences...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:24 PM
reply to post by prettygreeneyes26

suggestions come up because you know someone in common.

Maybe the question you should ask is "just because this sick man, or woman, has some personal problems and got caught - why in the world should they NOT be allowed to have a life!??" why is this person's independence such a threat to you?

so... are you kidding me? Trying to get someone banned from LIFE and interconnection with others. Do you even know what his/her offense was or did you just happen to see the person on the list.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:40 PM
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Try reading the post before you critisise someone, the OP CLEARLY stated that the person in question attacked them

I have recently found the person who attacked me come up on suggestions on facebook, he is a registered sex offender

[edit on 9/7/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:34 PM
reply to post by prettygreeneyes26

So far everything have already been said.

Just to add, that Facebook got all kind of features. If you block him, this will be a two way street, cause not only you'll prevent him from seeing your profile and contact you, but also he will no longer be visible for you.

You do not mention if he's aware that you are at FB too. But anyways. As long as he ignores you, and don't contact you and or any of you're contacts, from he's own or any fake profiles, he's in no wrong. Other, there are complain features as well. You can complain if he violates the rules of FB. But not cause of his criminal record.

Also. You can not actually delete your profile. All you can do is "deactivate"

Do yourself a favor. Don't let this person become a "virus" in your mind

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:46 AM
If he's been convicted, he could possibly be violating his parole, among other laws (which I'm not privy to, but it's possible.)

Until you figure that out, use the block feature. He won't be able to see you, and you wont be able to see him.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:02 AM
If you or any of your close friends have access to people who deal with..lets say..electronic deception, then you could render his personal computer useless with a simple email.

new topics

top topics


log in