It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Woman's Request of Obama Leads to Immigration Arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

New York Woman's Request of Obama Leads to Immigration Arrest

www.foxnews.com

A woman who wrote President Barack Obama, asking for help resolving her husband's immigration problem got a response she didn't expect: Federal agents turned up at her New York City home and took her husband to jail.

Officials tell The New York Times that Caroline Jamieson's letter to the president was mistakenly forwarded to an immigration fugitive unit. After the newspaper inquired about the case, the man, Herve Fonkou Takoulo, was released.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Takoulo is an engineer from Cameroon. He came to the U.S. legally, but was ordered to leave when a judge rejected his application for political asylum. Now he has a second green card application pending based on his 2005 marriage to Jamieson.

Still, the deportation order remains in effect.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm sure that it was "mistakenly" forwarded to the immigration fugitive unit. It looks like someone in the mail room at the White House doesn't agree with Obama's relaxed policies on immigration.

What really gets me about this, is that the NYT enquired about the incident and the guy was immediately released. Why is that?

--airspoon

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
does anyone really believe that the POTUS reads personal letters mailed to him, then acts on it?? Obama had as much to do with this womans husband as my uncle did. blaming Obama for this is absurd. what's wrong with people?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Immediatley released? Well, if they deport him, he'll only come back again anyway like most of the other illegals. Enforce our laws now! Control the border! Contact your representatives and vote out the idiots who arn't doing their job in protecting the American people.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
She wanted help resolving the case and she got it.

Brian's cliche of the day.....be careful what you wish for

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

What really gets me about this, is that the NYT enquired about the incident and the guy was immediately released. Why is that?

Usually a routine procedure when an individual has an application pending.

I'm sure he was issued a court date to answer for the deportation charges.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

He was already denied asylum and was already ordered to be deported, so he was an immigrant fugitive. Then, when the NYT gets involved, he gets to do another application? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the guy that he gets another chance, I just don't like how it was done on the other end. Each time somebody cuts the line, it's like a big "F-U" to everyone who has busted their tail and waited for ever to do it right.

--airspoon

top topics

join