It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemeni Militants Kill 11 in Brazen Jailbreak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Yemeni Militants Kill 11 in Brazen Jailbreak

www.foxnews.com

SAN'A, Yemen -- Four suspected al-Qaida gunmen have blasted their way into the intelligence headquarters of Yemen's second largest city and freed several detainees in the group's most spectacular operation since a U.S.-backed government crackdown began late last year.

The attack Saturday on the heavily protected security complex killed 11 and further bolstered U.S. concerns that Yemen's weak central government may not be up to tackling an increasingly effective foe seemingly able to strike...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Another prison break in Yemen, sparks another "set-back" with US confidence in the Yemeni government to tackle the Al Qaeda problem in the Middle Eastern nation. Will this be the straw the breaks the camels back, causing the US to expand its presence there? It seems like the Yemeni government does not have this under control, in spite of the massive amount of aid that has gone to that country in the recent months.

It appears as if this break was planned and perpetrated from the inside. I wonder how far up the chain this planning went and if the whole thing is a sham anyway. Could the escapees be the Americans that were captured the other week, the ones that were initially speculated to be with the anti-terrorism effort? It wouldn't surprise me one bit, though I guess we'll see.

--airspoon

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hmm.. Theoretical hypothesis.. 12 individuals detained previously - possible sf A-detachment as they run 12 man teams got caught on a way off the books mission in yemen.. Then sudden prison raid .. Someone doesnt want caught with their fingers in the cookie jar.. Just a bit of speculation..

new topics

join