It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tupac Shakur: The Life of an Outlaw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
How many rap fans do we have on BTS? I can't imagine hip hop with out 2pac. He's pne of the greatest lyrical performers in the history of songwriting and rap music. If you haven't read any of his poems then you're missing out. I would like to share some songs with you guys of a great musician.

Clearly Tupac was very intelligent person who got into the wrong crowd. Sucks to see him get shot down like he did. But his music will live on forever.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Thanks for making this thread and "keeping him alive".

I have been a 2pac fan for years, and always will be.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Cheesy but still good...I'll Be Missing You.

If you like Tupac...Nas is similar...Nas: Doo Rags

Tupac feat. Nas: Thugz Mansion.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Are we talking about the convicted rapist? The guy that contributed absolutely nothing to society except for teaching kids how to live the DEATH ROW THUG LIFE? How did that lifestyle work out for him?

I just wanted to make sure we're talking about the same guy.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Some of his music is classic.

The lifestyles of music legends are rarely anything to celebrate. If we're gonna judge the music on their lives, we'd need to throw out Beatles, Stones, Marley, Metallica, Chilli Peppers, blues etc etc. Some of the greatest names in music were seriously unpleasant in real life!

So yeah, we're talking about the same guy

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

He was a deeply conflicted man, you can hear it in his lyrics..
I'll answer in his own words:

Did you hear..
Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
Provin nature's laws wrong
It learned to walk without having feet
Funny it seems but by keeping its dreams
it learned to breathe FRESH air
Long live the rose that grew from concrete
when no one else, even cared

You see you wouldn't ask why the rose that grew from the concrete
had damaged petals. On the contrary, we would all celebrate its
tenacity. We would all love it's will to reach the sun.
Well, we are the rose - this is the concrete - and these are
my damaged petals. Don't ask me why, thank God, ask me how!

Greatest rapper ever.. got me through a lot of hard times.

EDIT: About the rape thing.. it's so obvious it was a setup.. you think the biggest rapper in the country would have to rape someone? Get real.. she was going down on him on the dance floor.
If you look into it it's so obvious.. they didn't go after the other guys that was with the girl and they got aquitted as far as I know, they found no semen, no forced entry, nothing!
TPTB just wanted to assassinate his character because he was starting to become a nuisance what with all the truth he was constantly spewing, you know what happens to real musicians that actually talk about problems right? If they're starting to become the voice of a generation they get shot real quick.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by TheLaughingGod]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

My previous post was harsh. I stand by it but I will say that if he touched you in some way then I don't mean to disrespect that...or anyone posting here either. There is good in everyone deep down somewhere.

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Good response

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Don't like too much of his stuff (nothing personal against him, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, I just think he's a bit overrated) but I do like this one:

How Do U Want It

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Untouchable

2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted

Fight Music

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I love this thread! I was at work the other night and they DJ played a lot of old school Tupac and it was great!

I always liked Tupac, more than Biggie actually. My mother however didn't like his music and use to take my tape all the time. I think I copied that tape a dozen times lol

Makes me think of HS when my bf played this on repeat every day for like a month. He thought he was thug lol It makes me laugh!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Here ya go OP. He is being inducted into the National Registry, well his song is.

National Registry

top topics

join