It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why allow war?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Has anyone realised that if everyone refused to fight, there would be no more war?

For example, if you are conscripted, just say no, and if you all say no - NO MORE WAR!

And who is telling you to fight? Obscenely rich people who want you to fight so you will make more money and power for them. They do not care about you - you die, they are richer and more powerful.

This is true about every warmongering country.

Because I think it is very important that war is over - otherwise the whole human race will die.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Has anyone realised that if everyone refused to fight, there would be no more war?

For example, if you are conscripted, just say no, and if you all say no - NO MORE WAR!

And who is telling you to fight? Obscenely rich people who want you to fight so you will make more money and power for them. They do not care about you - you die, they are richer and more powerful.

This is true about every warmongering country.

Because I think it is very important that war is over - otherwise the whole human race will die.

There will always be war because there will always be a difference in opinion among humans.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ChickenPie

I know - what I am saying is that humans should try and save themselves before it is too late - and if humans keep doing this, we have had it.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
there always will be war because there are a lot of psychopaths living among normal people and for some reason the % is just growing

there always will be war because our leaders that were "voted" are psychopaths

there always will be war because we dont live in a democracy

there always will be war because for some reason, billionaires want to be trillionaires

there always will be war because of some FRINGE reason that we dont know yet, maybe never know

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Unfortunately, I think you are correct.

"Prepare to meet thy doom."

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Why is this in Origins and Creationism?

Sorry but I've found many of your views irrational and your opinions to be rather impulsive, please think things through more.

While I'd love everyone to quite and say enough is enough, this leads to a problem.

The whole world would have to do this, and in order for the whole world to do this we would have to first cure the issue of global resources and make sure everyone has what they need.

But what if one side of a war says they have had enough, are you going to stop the enemy from attacking you? With more war right?

But if you don't and let them do as they will with you, then what have you solved? Ultimately nothing.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The only way to stop most war is to obtain a worldly abundance of resources, this gives very little power to corporations and governments. No one would need these entities if everyone had what they already wanted.

The only card they would have left to play is fear.

But you'd have very little fear if you had the comfort of knowing you have everything you need.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

I think he posted in the wrong section

but really, I believe there is a FRINGE reason like DNA, religious cult, alien interference, energy interference, whatever you want to imagine, just thinking in fringe examples

because it is not possible to believe that our world is run by psychopaths that create wars just to get richer and to get pleasure... but thats the best scientifically theory

[edit on 20/6/10 by Faiol]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

I know - what I am saying is that humans should try and save themselves before it is too late - and if humans keep doing this, we have had it.

I don't think it's that easy though. I think what you're asking goes against human nature. People will always have conflicting ideas and tastes. Some people hate coffee and dislike tea while others have just the opposite taste. I don't think any wars will be fought over such things, but there are also more serious matters people disagree with each other on. For example, some people think other races are inferior to their own. So, the first step towards peace would be to eliminate all ignorance, which would inevitably lead to the demise of most religions (or all religions), to use one example. Do you think the world is ready for that kind of thing? Will it ever be ready? I don't think so. My point is for there to be peace all humans would have to at least be on the same page in regards to morality; more importantly, their values would have to be the right kind. Values that respected peace/love above all else. But who's to say that everyone should be obligated to possess these kinds of values? And what would stop people from changing their minds and going against these kinds of values in one form or another later on, creating conflict and possibly war? I'm sorry if I'm being inarticulate btw. I'm pretty tired.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by ChickenPie]

[edit on 20-6-2010 by ChickenPie]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

Ok, do not read them then.

I do not need to be questioned by anyone.

It was a free world, last time I looked.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Why allow war? Thats easy.

Lets say theres a magic glass of water refills itself each week. Now lets say its only enough water to sustain one life. Lets say the water represents the resources of the planet.

Lets say theres only two people, who represent the population of the planet.

Someones gonna die either of thirst or of war. Unless one of them volunteers to die...there will be war.

Cant escape the math.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by conspiracyguru]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I'm not exactly a Zeitgeist movement advocate, but I have to agree (partialy) with the concept of Resources/greed, and society/education for the development of most of our believes and personality traits (though I wont lie to you that I'd through astrology in there too
.)

Another variable could be relative comparison.

ex. he's black & she's brown

but nothing like TZM has ever been truly attempted in a multicultural world.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
this is stupid.

There will always be war if money is the mechanism that makes people apply to be soldiers. Simple..

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
All of you people saying war is inevitable - do you realise that it will be of the end of your life?

So, get real about that.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I find it odd no one gave you S & F for your optimism, that is sick of ATS.

You are correct that if we all refuse to fight there would be no war, but at the same time you have to take in to consideration thousands of other variables which pushes humans to go and fight.

There will always exist people with corrupt mentalities which allows them to push for injustice, and that injustice causes conflict.

No justice, no peace, so they say.

Thanks for your thoughts, I went through the same thought frame once, but it collapsed later after a huge amount of thinking which made me realize the world is not black and white.

Thanks again

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Us Human's have always been naturally violent towards eachother. It's part of our lifestyle. I know war and killing is a bad thing, but sometimes it can be justified by the things others commit.

I'm on the fence with the subject of war, I see both good and bad reasons for it. But I give any bet war will indeed be the end of us.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

That is because people hate me - HEY, RESULT!

At least people notice you.

They think I am nuts.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Everyone will reach this conclusion... eventually. When the average person gets a chance to see Earth from space they will realize how insignificant we are and change their way of thinking from 'us against them' to 'we are one'.

Pale Blue Dot

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think in theory it is quite possible war or total war as its waged today will be a rare thing if not gone altogether. Violence and conflict however will always be with us. Jealousy, revenge, the individual human emotions and impulses will rear their heads but it is possible war will disappear. I am actually working towards a major and eventual Phd in Peace Studies.

It's tempered my idealism but left me hopeful.Our world still has to sort out many problems, the largest of which is poverty though arguably fundamentalism is an issue.

Margaret Mead argues that war is an institution like any other. The martial values need to be channeled into a new institution to replace war.

Freud says we need to introvert thanatos and recognize this tendency in us before we can hope to elminate war.

Lorenz says were violent and nothing will change that.

These are three highly simplified views of thousands among every field of academia from science to philosophy and though everyone is all over the map on what needs to be done, all agree on one basic premise: war is undesirable and our highest purpose should be to work to eliminating it.

War is peace= negative peace. the absence of war. This peace is temporary and often increases tensions only to for them to reupt more violently then before.

Positive peace is the goal and a tough one as it seeks to remove war and state violence (violence in this sense is also equated with state oppression and negative laws)

Many factors are involved which is why Peace Studies is a multi-disciplinary field of study.

I admire your hopefulness OP but some of the responses here give a fair cross-section of the conclusions a persons life experience leads them too on the topic of peace. It is easy, for instance, for me to talk of peace and believe in it because I have lived in a country of prosperity (at the cost of 3/4's of the planets population mind you).

Had I lived in the congo (with over 200 ethnic groups and one of the richest resource bases in the world) my view would be entirely different and I may balk at my own beliefs as they are now.

For those who say its human nature, I would argue that nature itself is not static. All of us evolved as products of the environment. Our adaptations came out of the struggle for existence. Some believe we have the potential to transcend that.

I believe that we perpetuate obsolete forms of the struggle for existence because the alternative is a world where struggle and challenge would be of a voluntary nature (i.e learning to paint, rock climbing, skateboarding, whatever pursuit you desire). We our victims of the naturalistic fallacy (things are the way they are because its the way they ought to be)

I will never see true peace in my lifetime. But there is nothing in life more worthwhile, for myself, then to pursue it. Perhaps one day in the distant future we will have true Peace on this planet, but conflict will always remain.

Cheers and great thread topic OP.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by thebulldog]

[edit on 20-6-2010 by thebulldog]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think technological development led to two world wars
that involved the developments in Germany.
With the need to secure the development, a high security state
was made that just went on flexing the built up war machine
strength until exhausted.
So investments were the roots of those wars.
So far the science and control is complete and other war causes
prevail which might involve investments but not so much
development.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join