It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater-connected firm gets $100m+ Afghan security contract

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Blackwater-connected firm gets $100m+ Afghan security contract

rawstory.com

U.S. Training Center, an affiliate of the controversial mercenary group formerly known as Blackwater, has been given a major new contract to provide security for U.S. diplomats in two Afghan cities.

The contract, confirmed by the U.S. State Department on Saturday, would be worth over $120 million if extended for a full 18-months, according to CNN. Initial terms guaranteed 12 months of service.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
www.nytimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Is Blackwater's Erik Prince Moving to the United Arab Emirates?
Justice: Blackwater Case Should Have Gone Forward

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Yes. Diplomatic security. Wink wink.

There are some very interesting statistics about Blackwater and their engagements in Iraq and Afghanistan in this article. It's a pretty good summary of what their MO is and what we have to look forward to continuing on.

More hope and change, I guess. Not like we didn't know this was going to happen. Funny, too, how this comes on the heels of the related linked stories.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thank you, I suspect this will be part of the Major NATO Operation to cause hate towards the resistance by targeting civilians (then blaming the resistance).

I will add this to my thread, thanks again for the find, and also to add for your thread:

eremiah

Attacks that have continued across Pakistani towns and cities are being blamed on Tehreek e-Taliban, Pakistan's Taliban.

However, the group has issued its first video statement denying involvement in targeting civilians and has blamed external forces for at least two recent blasts.

Azam Tariq, a spokesman of the Tehreek e-Taliban, posted the video statement on YouTube on Monday.

The message refers to a bombing at the Islamic University in Islamabad, which the spokesman said was orchestrated to prepare the ground for a military operation in South Waziristan, a stronghold for Pakistan's Taliban fighters.

He also said his group had no role in the bomb blast in a Peshawar market that killed at least 100 people as well as an attack in Charsada, a town located in Pakistan's North West Frontier Province.

Tariq said Taliban attacks never aimed to target civilians, but that the explosions were linked to Blackwater activities in the country.

Blackwater is a private military and security company founded in the United States.

Propaganda war

Kamal Hyder, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Islamabad, said: "Even when those bomb blasts did happen, the Taliban denied they had anything to do it."

He said: "It was surprising to see that it [the video message] came up on the al-Sahab video. That is the Al-Qaeda wing of media publicity."

Blackwater has denied having any contracts in Pakistan.

Hyder added: "There is a growing anger among Pakistanis. If one looks at the type of attacks that have been taking place - indiscriminate attacks – the first thing that came out, even reported by local media, was the blaming of Blackwater and other American agencies.

"The public opinion has turned against the Americans. The video that has appeared today would be trying to capitalise on that."

english.aljazeera.net...

www.facebook.com...

[edit on 20-6-2010 by LittleSecret]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
More good news...

Blackwater/Xe/mercenaries-in-general have but one ROE - if a shot is fired, spray down everything within 200 meters, 360 degrees. Mercenaries have been used in just about every conflict I can recall, but these cowboys really are some evil, hateful and ignorant people. From my experience, their ranks are filled with one of two people: Former operators with no soul, abusing training and abilities for nothing but a big paycheck; and pu**y little kids who want to play special forces. I've seen them do some pretty horrible and ignorant stuff in Iraq (and I was only deployed there for a matter of months). This country has very little hope left, and it saddens me to say it. Central America, here I come hermanos.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Here is the story from Mr Keyes of CNN.
www.cnn.com...
Did you really think that with the new administration, there would be change
TPTB control Washington DC, even when TPTB "elect" the next POTUS, it will be the same.
And the sheeple go," Baaahhh, bhhaaa, baaaaa.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
More good news...

Blackwater/Xe/mercenaries-in-general have but one ROE - if a shot is fired, spray down everything within 200 meters, 360 degrees.

The real story of how the Taliban used children as human shields when they ambushed the Blackwater security forces will not come out for probably 10 more years (what or who were they really protecting at that time?).
Agreed, when shots are fired, G_D help the human shields, because they're going down too. War is Hell, and all is fair in love and war.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yeah, it just never ends with them. But somehow they change names, change paperwork, and keep going.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
To put this into historical perspective, recall that when General Washington attacked Trenton, it was Hessian mercenaries, an NGO/PMC that was defending the location for the British.

As I stated in my NGO thread, this will allow us to put "forces" into areas that allows us to deny U.S. military force action. For every such contract we find out about, there are several more that no one EVER hears about, unless something goes terribly wrong.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Deniable Operations, the keystone of current American foreign policy.

I'm a descendant of Hessians that came to this country during that time period, but their use and the use of, well, we'll say Xe for the time being, are two very different things.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Shark VA84]

top topics

join