It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS spotted over South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne AU - First though UFO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Sheeesh, and I try so hard to please

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Yep, tomorrow is the next visible pass.

Sorry, should have been more specific.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

It was directly overhead and i am about 50k's from the coast.The way it dimmed out is what got my attention, it went from very bright to nothing in about 5 seconds.I have never seen the ISS as far as i know so am not sure what it looks like or whether it rolls possibly reflecting sunlight ,but this object dimmed and didnt reappear.This object looked much lower than any satellites ive seen.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

It all depends on it's location relative to the sun.

Here's the ground track as it passed over Brisbane:

Link

It faded out just after 18:24.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

ok well i think my sighting matches up to well to the ISS to be anything but.

But you may have seen something else??

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Yeah i'm sick of all the overcast /cloudy weather lately it was nice to see the sun again .Damn you ISS ,there is always a logical explanation for these things,just once could we have something that cant be explained.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
oh well back to Moon gazing
it's cleared up abit now so makes for some ok viewing.

Abit off topic does anyone else have a telescope? It's a half moon tonight here, and i have been watching a cerrtain area it's right on the light horizon of the half moon towards the bottom sorta 3/4 down, the area to me looks kinda strange, almost like structures but it's hard to make out as i have a 70x scope with a 4x and 20x lense plus the barlow lense.

I know the descrip is abit obscure but it's hard to match up on Google Moon to where i am viewing and i dont have the coordinates on my scope.

As soon as i can i want to get something to take shots on the laptop from the scope but untill then it is hard to explain what i am seeing.

Does anyone else often look at the moon or has noticed what im talking about??

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Is that ground tracker accurate or just an estimated route because that would have it passing over maybe Ballina/ Byron Bay which is about 450 k's south of me .But as you said it would be visible over a wide area.No alien invasion this time but still seeing the flashes as described here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I'd like to see the unexplained as well

Have seen one of the black triangles flying over Carrara, Robina 1:30am one morning no lights and moving silently. whilst sitting out the back chatting and having a few beers

looked up and spat my beer out

Ocker

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

The circle indicates the best area to view the pass.

And yes, the ground track is accurate.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Hi! I saw something that almost fits your description exactly last night at 11pm. I am in Central United States. Very interesting that it could of been the ISS.

Heres my thread

This was no shooting star, ive seen plenty in my life to know the difference. No trail. It was not as fast as a shooting star, about half the speed. It was large, much larger than the other stars in the sky, infact at first I thought it was a helicopter. It was the size of Venus in the sky. Planet size. I live in a City and the sky was not all that clear tonight. And it looked close.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Funny I should come across this thread... I saw something like you're describing last night (saturday), only I'm in Canada. I was outside with a few friends between 10 and 11 and I was looking up at the sky trying to gauge if it was going to rain again (it had been pouring all day). I noticed a "star" that was moving straight across the sky (heading towards the north)... it was around the size of a star (though slightly bigger and brighter), same colouring, same distance away, etc. I yelled at my friends to come take a look as well.

It only lasted about 25 seconds... we watched it until it went behind a small cloud and didn't come back out the other side. At first, we thought airplane, but there was no flashing lights, no noise, plus, it looked way, way too high to be a plane. Like you, we knew it was not a shooting star or meteor (we see many up here) and this was moving way too slow. My next thought was it was a satellite... they look very similar to stars. Could what I saw have been the ISS as well?

Even if the ISS isn't what we saw, it's pretty neat that we saw what might be the same thing, around the same time, in two different countries. It's a small world afterall.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I have been looking each night for the ISS but haven't seen it again,can anyone tell me if this is a fixed orbit track or it changes it 's trajectory and/ or time it should be visible and if the brightness of the moon can affect it's visibility.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here is another site for the ISS (left side, find your location). Last night I had super clear skies and watched it pass right over me. Just a little light zipping right along...

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but heres a shameless plug for a dead thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join