It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of Warcraft, A Masonic illuminati game?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Im sure many of you have played or heard about World of Warcraft sometimes called "WoW". It just became apparent to me that is is heavily riddled with illuminati messages and symbols. To start off "World of Warcraft" there are two "Ws" and the letter "W" is made of two triangles which are common masonic symbols that can be found on our one dollar bill and the Sonics burgers sign. So in the title we have four masonic illuminati symbols. What is more if you breakdown the meaning of the title it says World (which has a triangle so that means that the world is run by the illuminati) of Warcraft. So they are trying to say this is the illuminati's world and we are going to make you guys have war in it. Apparently im not the only one who sees it.

So do you guys think that the masonic illuminatis of earth are trying to brainwash anyone dumb enough to pay 15 dollars a month to play a really crappy game that uses graphics that would have passed as good ten years ago?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I've been playing WoW since it was in beta testing. Yeah, I have noted symbols which bear resemblance to some of those associated with the Illuminati and other secret societies. But I am not sure that seeing them in the game is somehow brainwashing anyone. I guess that's a subject which I'm still up in the air about. I mean, if I see an all-seeing eye symbol a dozen times each day as I go about my business (not necessarily while playing a video game), what impact does that have on me other than me possibly noting how common it is?

As far as those two videos go, it's hard to deny that there are symbols in WoW which bear a likeness to ones we associate to secret societies. But some of what was shown is a bit of a reach. In the third video they show how the circle with six glyphs is supposed to be some sort of evil symbol. But if you think about how that interface was designed, it makes sense (to me anyway) that it's set up that way. You have six glyphs which are evenly spaced around the circumference of the circle. It simply appears to be a convenient design. That's just my opinion anyway.

EDIT: Fixing a typo.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by John_Q_Llama]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I am curious as to your standards of a good game, since so many people actually find a lot of enjoyment from it. Or are you saying people play the game despite it's "crappy" value because of the symbolism?

While it could be possible that there is some master plan behind it, I just think it's the most successful at achieving a common goal of mass hypnotism (in a sense) that would benefit an Illuminati ideology in keep the masses occupied.

However, I think it's very coincidental. While it may be serving a purpose to that extent, I see no evidence of it being an Illuminati influenced product.

The symbolism is purely subjective, the "eye of Dalaran" is a symbol of an important circle of mages within the games lore.

Mages. Warlocks that summon demons. Priests that use shadow powers. All of these run rampant in the Warcraft lore.

I would expect the symbolism to be relative to the occult in the real world, in order to have a sort of reference for the player to familiarize.

Of course, it could be more than a mere coincidence.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

PMSL Zaiger!

I think you're on to something man. Don't answer your door for anyone for a few weeks and barricade yourself into your room. They'll be coming for you like the Wikileaks guy after this expose!

IRM

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'll tell you what, if there is anything sinister about WoW, it's much more obvious than symbols tucked away here and there. There was actually a thread about this within the past few days. It's the amount of time people spend playing the game. Some people have literally sat at their computers for upwards of a year or more playing World of Warcraft. What better way to keep people away from educating themselves about the truths of our world than to suck them into something they enjoy doing?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
As the above poster said, if you're going to create a feeling of mysticism within the lore for the player, how else are you going to do it without borrowing from already established random symbols from outside the game? No need to reinvent the wheel.

Really, no one who hasn't followed this game for the past 6 years should be talking since you won't have a clue what you're talking about. There is no conspiracy.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

It isn't confined to this single game however.

I personally (and am in no way proud of this) am one of those people you mention.

I've also spent as much time playing many, many other video games and only recently have I realized how much time I've spent on what I also considered to be a "hobby."

However, it's not only confined to video games, but how many people sit and watch television for an equal amount of time?

Americans are simply hypnotized by any form of entertainment, and I only point Americans out in this because they are the most obvious, and oblivious to it.

I believe that humans as a species, if given the right circumstance will do the same.

Of course, now I'm sitting here on ATS typing away about being kept occupied and find even that to be somewhat ironic.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by draevin

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't pointing fingers. I've played far too much WoW too! But I know there are others who have spent a LOT more time playing than I have, and I've played a lot of WoW and, as you mentioned, other games as well. My wife plays too, thanks to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

I don't bother to type /played any more.

I know it will just make me cry.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by draevin]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I have never played WoW, and I guess its because I never had a thing for RPG's, but I have seen 2 of what used to be my closest friends lose everything they had because they didn't want to leave the game alone, also with another game named second life.

I have never really seen a zombie, until I saw these people and it wasn't just them, it was everyone they were playing with, I mean hours and hours of playing, they acted like when they achieved things in the game it was the same as getting a promotion at their jobs.

One lost her job and her home, mind you some of the WoW people start moving in together when they lose everything, and then play in the same house. Apparently she hooked up with someone online and couldn't find away to go to work, and the other got divorced, he tried to get her to play to, but she couldn't take it as serious as he did.

Ive seen one person actually have an entire (what they call) relationship, and everyone she hanged out with in the game were doing the exact same thing, arguing, and yelling even much older people posing as younger people, over people they never saw or met. These are the real zombies that scare me at night.

BTW, I dont think this happens to everyone, but it does happen to ALOT!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I think that the amount of people that let this happen to them (I did, for many years, I've had "relapses" where I'd quit, only to go back to it a few months later), would amaze most people who haven't experienced it.

People let video games destroy their families, as they do with alcohol, drugs, sex, violence, so many other things.

It's simply a part of the modern day human condition.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The only brainwashing that WoW is doing is convincing millions of pale, Red Bull drinking, un-employed nerds to cough up moneyevery month to play a video game.

I'm sure those symbols looked cool and the graphic artist copy and pasted them into the game...it was easier, no need to be creative

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Saw a friend play it and got turned off by its ancient history graphics. Then I googled this thing called "MMORPG" on the Internet and was surprised on how good the graphics were on the modern mmorpgs.

So I tried the Free to Play games but I didn't last long. I couldn't bear playing these types of games at my age. I dunno. I just find it ridiculously boring and repetitive. Let's just say that I have more fun looking at my taxes than playing this thing called "MMORPG"

I got all nostalgic when I remember playing Street Fighter II or Starcraft when I was a kid. Now those are video games. Just a few minutes and it's over. Oh the good old days.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I play the game myself, and brought up the issue of occult symbolism on the WoW forums a while back after I grew concerned. I even asked them why they had used real occult symbolism rather than making up imaginary symbols.

The thread was deleted the next day.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Yes, wow is the devil’s tool.
Anything that can keep you at your computer for years on end away from the real world cannot be good.
However they have online communities called guilds that can be used as a semi weird family setup (the game is great for lonely people).
Now onto the Masonic symbols, I am a Mason and I saw a lot more in there than was shown in the 7 or so minutes worth of those videos, yes I have played.
The game is not about graphics it is about who has the bigger Epeen so they constantly expand the game so there will always be better armor or weapons.
It was a fun game to play but hardly worth spending your life at for only pixels.
Now onto the 6 sided star outline and the 5 sided star comparison, a pentangle or pentagram is used by more than satanic groups and the Masonic groups.
And the 6 sided star is well….the star of David, Jewish I believe.
Anyway join the masons and if you play almost any game you will see things you never thought about before.
The Masons are not elites we are just ordinary guys who enjoy the company of our brothers truly it is simple as that.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Almost every video game borrows from history and uses "real" occult symbols.

Its much easier to base designs off of "real world" creatures and ideas when you have to create thousands and thousands of different ones.

These are in every video game like I said and the answer is as simple as the people who design the games look into the same sorts of things people here do when trying to get their ideas.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by draevin

I agree as far as sex, drugs, and alcohol, but I think it would be less enchanting if there weren't 3 million other people just like you. Imagine If I walked in without any real addiction, I just like to get drunk every once in a while, and then I meet 3 million other people that love to be drunk all day, and think its the greatest thing since sliced bread? Well I guess I would stick around and not really have anything else in common with anyone in my life if their not having as much fun as me.

I am more worried about the zombie like monster that most turn into then the illuminati symbolism.... or is that the illuminati symbolism itself ?????

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

3 million "enablers"

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
People can get addicted to anything, WoW is just one game out of many. I don't know if there is any truth in symbolism, but noughts and crosses (tick tack toe) is built on crosses and circles and could be deamed symbolic by some.
I heard in the past that the illuminati were really pleased when tolkeins lord of the rings series was so widely spread, as rune symbology on was entering common use.
Random shapes can be seen as symbols all over the place. Perhaps they only contain power if you believe that they do?

The Bible says not to worship graven images. The fact that a graven image exists, does not mean that is has influence on you unless you let it and worship it yourself. As a Christian, I am surrounded by graven images by the catholics, muslims and who knows what else - WoW is just as meaningless, unless you make it otherwise

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join