It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your name can influence your life.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I have read about my name in various forms. I never knew about the self esteem part, hmm explains a lot
I love my name, Andrea, it's not common and the meaning fits me perfectly.

I have always said people should really think when they name their kids. It's permanent and the kid has to grow up with it not them.

I will never for the life of me understand why some people name their kids the way they do...I mean Adolf Hitler?! WHY! That one will puzzle me for life

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Hi Andrea.

That is the last thing I would expect looking at your member name.
Do you mind telling me from which country you are from ?

I don't want to brag or anything but I happen to know like 5 or 6 Andrea's.
What does it mean ? I never heard and or learned it meant something.

My name is a little of a bummer...

I was supposed to be named Nicolaas but my dad screwed up.

So it's just Nick. Anyway...
It doesn't change the fact that I have an amerous passionate relation with every single letter in my name. :p Well... my name is actually made up of 3 names.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Too right, although my first name is very good, my surname i hated, and it can bring bad things into your life, lol, like it did mine.

But all you people out there having kids, make sure you have a decent name.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

On the radio a DJ had a part reserved for new born babies where he called the parents to congratulate them and he ask for the names they choose.

Once a mother said she called her child Nautilus.
I admit a beautiful name... But his friends in school will probably don't agree.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I wonder what impact I would have if I really didn't believe in my name but just said "You da man and your so fkin smart!" I just get bored in school. None of this bull# really feels like living....

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have no opinion on the validity of these studies, but did want to note that many cultures have and have had serious beliefs about naming someone, for example from a few known hunter-gatherers, that would only name a child at the age of 4 (due to infant mortality reasons), or the aztecs that named a child after the day they were born and believed this had an influence on the childs destiny.

Similarly, Bynames have also played a big role in many cultures, for example the ancient Celt (King Arthur, possibly coming from the byname Arthwyr, the Bear).

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Life aint easy for a boy named Sue

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Im in the USA, Florida. I know 3 Andrea's. Two I know from school and one I met online. The one I met online has the same middle name as me as well lol

It's considered the feminine form of Andrew. It's a popular name from what I have read in places like Germany, Italy. Greece and Scandinavia. It's a popular boys name in Italy. I am Sicilian and German so I guess it makes sense why I was named Andrea. I have always liked my name. I have read it means "womanly, lady," I have also read it means "brave" as well. Fits me just right

It's of Greek origin, but in some places I see it says English but when I went through a phase years ago looking up my genealogy and the meaning of my first and last name, I will go with the Greek origin. It makes more sense when you read about the name. I have read that it's of French origin but when I read more it didn't seem to make sense. I will go with the Greek origin.

It derives from the Greek ανήρ (anēr), genitive ανδρός (andrós), that indicates the man as opposed to the woman (while man in the meaning of human being is άνθρωπος, ánthropos, ανθρώπου, anthrópou); ανήρ might be related with the Indo-European root ner means man, vital force.[citation needed] The original Greek name, Andréas, represents the hypocoristic, with endearment functions, of male Greek names composed with the andr- prefix, like Androgeos, Androcles, Andronikos.
In the year 2006, it was the third most popular name in Italy with 3.1% of newborns.[1] It is one of the Italian male names ending in a, with others being Elia (Elias), Enea (Aeneas), Luca (Lucas), Mattia (Matthias), Nicola (Nicholas), Tobia (Tobias).
It is traditionally popular because, according to the Christian Bible, Saint Andrew was one of the earliest disciples of Jesus and one of the twelve Apostles.

Andrea

I guess my parents gave me a boys name that turned into a girls name at some point in history
I feel like it's a strong yet elegant name, but that is just me. I am a little bias

Nick, well I have always liked that name. To me it's a strong man's name

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I found this site which I thought was pretty interesting. Just put in your full name and it will tell you what your name means in numerology.

It's weird how numbers have an influence on our lives. I don't care what anyone says, I believe they do
I found this part funny when putting in my name, my full name that is.

A Soul Urge number of 3 means:
With the Soul Urge number 3 your desire in life is personal expression, and generally enjoying life to its fullest. You want to participate in an active social life and enjoy a large circle of friends. You want to be in the limelight, expressing your artistic or intellectual talents. Word skills may be your thing; speaking, writing, acting, singing. In a positive sense, the 3 energy is friendly, outgoing and always very social.

You have a decidedly upbeat attitude that is rarely discouraged; a good mental and emotional balance.

The 3 Soul Urge gives intuitive insight, thus, very high creative and inspirational tendencies. The truly outstanding trait shown by the 3 Soul Urge is that of self-expression, regardless of the field of endeavor.

On the negative side, you may at times become too easygoing and too optimistic, tending to scatter forces and accomplish very little. Often, the excessive 3 energy produces non-stop talkers. Everyone has faults, but the 3 soul urge doesn't appreciate having these pointed out.

The bold part made me laugh because it's so true. 3 has always been my number. I actually just booked a flight and I made sure my seat numbers all had 3 in them.

Here is the link...It's interesting because I put my name and others in there and it gave me a chill in a way on how it seemed to describe the peoples name I put in to a T!

full name meaning in numerology

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Thank you. That is nice to hear

Andrea is here not a boys name at all. It make sense tho it cam from Andrew.
However I don't think He was called Andrew More like Andreas.

Sounds Greek right away. Don't you think ?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

What your first name means:Greek Male Diminutive of Nicholas: People's victory.
English Male Diminutive of Dominick: Lord. Abbreviation of Nicholas. Mythological Nike was Greek goddess of victory and root origin of 'Nicholas.'.

Your number is: 1

The characteristics of #1 are: Initiating action, pioneering, leading, independent, attaining, individual.

The expression or destiny for #1:
A number 1 Expression denotes the skilled executive with keen administrative capabilities. You must develop the capacity to be a fine leader, sales executive, or promoter. You have the tools to become an original person with a creative approach to problem solving, and a penchant for initiating action. Someone may have to follow behind you to handle the details, but you know how to get things going and make things happen. You have a good mind and the ability to use it for your advancement. Because of these factors, you have much potential for achievement and financial rewards. Frequently, this expression belongs to one running a business or striving to achieve a level of accomplishment on ones talents and efforts. You have little need for much supervision, preferring to act on your own with little restraint. You are both ambitious and determined. Self-confident and self-reliant must be yours, as you develop a strong unyielding will and the courage of your convictions.

Although you fear loneliness, you want to be left alone. You fear routine and being in a rut. You often jump the gun because you are afraid of being left behind.

The negative attributes of the 1 Expression are egotism and a self-centered approach to life. This is an aggressive number and if it is over-emphasized it is very hard to live with. You do not have to be overly aggressive to fulfill your destiny. The 1 has a natural instinct to dominate and to be the boss; adhering to the concept of being number One. Again, you do not have to dominate and destroy in order to lead and manage.

Your Soul Urge number is: 9

A Soul Urge number of 9 means:
With a 9 Soul Urge, you want to give to others, usually in a humanitarian or philanthropic manner. You are highly motivated to give friendship, affection and love. And you are generous in giving of your knowledge and experience. You have very sharing urges, and you are likely to have a great deal to share. Your concern for others makes you a very sympathetic and generous person with a sensitive and compassionate nature.

You are able to view life in very broad and intuitive terms. You often express high ideals and an inspirational approach to life. If you are able to fully realize the potential of your motivation, you will be a very self-sacrificing person who is able to give freely without being concerned about any return or reward.

As with all human beings, you are prone to sometimes express the negative attitudes inherent to your Soul Urges. You may become too sensitive and tend to express emotions strongly at times. There can be significant conflict between higher aims and personal ambitions. You may resent the idea of giving all of the time and, in fact, if there is too much 9 energy in your nature you may reject the idea. You may often be disappointed in the lack of perfection in yourself and others.

Your Inner Dream number is: 1

An Inner Dream number of 1 means:
You dream of being a leader and one who is in charge. You want to be known for your
courage, daring, and original ideas. You seek unconquered heights. People may get a first impression that you are very aggressive and sure of yourself.

Remarkable how these things are saying so much you recognize. Isn't
Funny is that my true name is Nicolaas.

[edit on 6/20/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What about girls with traditionally boys names? We named our daughter Jordan. I was sure I wanted a name which could be a boy or girls name.

I think it can sometimes work out well. If she send out resumes the employers have a tendency to think Jordan is a male name and so they are surprised when she walks in the door.

I don't know if that is good or bad but they may remember her more than applicants named Robert or Bob.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yup it does
I had a landlord named Andrea and she was from Greece. She said it was a popular name over there for boys and girls. I like to think Andrea Bocelli did well with the name

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I know! I have always been into astrology and numerology and imo it's very accurate when you really get into it. I have people all the time asking me to explain and I tell them it would take forever because I have read about this stuff for 10years. I did my astrological birth chart one time and it creeped me out on how accurate it was. I didn't touch any of my runes, tarot cards or pendulums for like a year after that. I had others want me to do theirs and I refused to do it. lol

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

If I were to live in Italy I would be out of the norm. Andrea is a popular name in Italy, for boys.

I have always liked the name Jordan for a girl, not a boy.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I would like to add another result of a persons name and the injustice in our supposed enlightened society. Four people are applying for a job. The HR person gets four resumes from James, William, JaMarqcus and Shamika. Which two people are likely to get a call back? The reverse can also true depending on the ethnicity of those doing the hiring. All four could be of the same race but 2 may do not get an opportunity.

Please don't get me wrong, this is not an issue with names, it is an issue of perception. It is buried/unseen or overt bigotry at its finest. Grades as an adult count even more.

Peace............yak055h

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by yak055h

You are absolutely right. This kind of prejudice happens a lot.
Here in the Netherlands it is Vice versa .

They will not hire a police force captain who is better equipped for the job and white because there is a rule that a certain percentage should be from a migrant culture.

That is way over what should be tolerated. I agree if someone scores just as well you could go for such a rule but not like they do it now.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Studies like this are always tentative. This is my typical answer. When it comes to science there are always variables that are forgotten. It is hard to consider all of them.

There is something to the science of birth order. It is very evident and most parents will back it up. The middle child is outgoing, first borns are overachievers and nurturers, the babies are spoiled. This is just an ex.

The study needs to be looked at, do parents subconciously name their kids chronologically? And the letter just happens to correlate with birth order?

As for the baseball players, are they ordered to practise alphabetically? So therefore those with letters lower in the alphabet have slightly less opportunity to practise?

With a last name that began with a Y, there is somethign to alphabetical discrimination, as I call it. Unless you have the occassional kind teacher that began with Z. When society does a lot of things alphabetically, there is something to it. Like I was always last or next to last in line due to it.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
MY EXPERIENCES:

- Well, I noticed that many people in my life with names indicating good behavior, like Angela were very bad people...They were people which at some point did some bad things in their life...
Some of them seemed to be very insecure and fragile.

- Many people I know called Luca are very rebellious in middle school.
Now that I think, everybody I know called Luca is very rebellious.

- I noticed that I know a person called Cristian whose sister's name is Cristina and the boy was extremely rebellious as a teenager.
Instead the girl was very quiet.
They come from a very " bad " family, but the girl was the most succesful of her family.
The boy was completely rebellious instead.

Anyway, strangely, I noticed that both of them are very religious.

- I noticed people called with a name that recalls young people and youth live longer and are more healthy.

- People born in June care more about their schools results than the other ones. This may bring them to be successful or very unsuccesful.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Zagari]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This explains so much, thanks for posting.

Mr Paul Lever

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join