It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Dead, Two Critically Injured After Gunman Opens Fire at California Restaurant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Three Dead, Two Critically Injured After Gunman Opens Fire at California Restaurant

www.foxnews.com

A man carrying two guns walked inside a Southern California fast food restaurant and shot his former family who were eating lunch together, killing two -- including an 8-year-old boy -- before turning the gun on himself, police said Saturday.

The 56-year-old man arrived at the Del Taco restaurant in San Bernardino on a bike at about 1 p.m., and shot his 29-year-old former stepdaughter, her husband and her 5-year-old and 8-year-old sons, San Bernardino Fire Department spokesman Steve Tracey told Fox News Radio.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well I am mostly speechless after reading the short but concise article detailing how this man gunned down his 'estranged' family.

Any person that world kill their child without saying is psychotic.

May I extend a word of sorrow and hope for peace in all the families and member of the community involved.

The world sometimes can be such a cold place.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This absolutely shocked me and made me grateful to be away from the San Bernardino area. I used to take my kids to that Del Taco quite a bit. Shooting children? What an animal!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is very sad.
Divorce has destroyed the the fabric
of morality, and the bond of love within a family.
I fear things will just get worse.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

I used to take my kids to that Del Taco quite a bit.

Amazing the places we frequent can change rather quickly.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Disgusting, Its just too bad he shot himself and escaped suffering in a jail cell with his hate. He will answer for it no doubt in my mind. So, about those gun laws, do they work or what? how come no one shot this scum bag as soon as he started firing?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability

Well I am mostly speechless after reading the short but concise article detailing how this man gunned down his 'estranged' family.

Any person that world kill their child without saying is psychotic.

May I extend a word of sorrow and hope for peace in all the families and member of the community involved.

The world sometimes can be such a cold place.

www.foxnews.com

First off... If you actually read the article you will see he didn't kill his child.

He attempted to kill is 29 year old STEP DAUGHTER and her children and husband.

Secondly, we don't know the backstory here... not to say it justifies this, but we don't know if this was a psychotic break, some sort of diabetic effect, someone who was incredibly hurt without a way of expressing it or what...

Was it wrong... Yep.... What caused it though? We just don't know...

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Disgusting, Its just too bad he shot himself and escaped suffering in a jail cell with his hate. He will answer for it no doubt in my mind. So, about those gun laws, do they work or what? how come no one shot this scum bag as soon as he started firing?

Calif gun laws protect criminals.

Its almost imposable for the common person to get a CCW in Calif

Plus the gun laws make it imposable to protect yourself if someone threatens you with violence unless they enter your home.

I know of someone that had to move to Nevada just so they could protect themself and get a CCW.
The lady later was forced to shoot her ex when he tracked her down in Nevada and attacked her.
He is now doing a long prison term in Nevada and will not be able to cause her problems for years.

top topics

join