It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird plane formations/flying (not UFO)

page: 1

join
share:
God

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Last night, while waiting for the bus with my boyfriend, I noticed 3 very bright lights in the sky. They made the shape of a very large triangle. My boyfriend noticed me looking at the sky and not paying attention to him (as always lol) so he turned around. His reaction was: What is that?

Since he noticed it to I started to get worried. I WAS thinking ufo's at first because they wern't moving. They seemed to just hover in one spot. One broke away from the triangle and flew overhead. I could see clearly that it was a plane... I don't know what kind for sure, but it seemed to be a regular commercial plane.

The other two still appeared to be hovering in one spot. So then I started thinking that there was a accident on the highway or somehting and they were helicopters. I'm pretty sure they were planes though.

Then there were more planes.... I counted 8-10

I find it weird because I have never, ever, ever, in my entire life counted 8-10 planes in the sky all at once. Some were farther away than others, so I couldn't get a good look to see what kind of aircraft they were. (i know nothing about planes anyway)

Is that normal? What about the triangle formation that first caught my attention? (coincedence maybe?)The fact that they appeared to be not moving?

Could just be my eyes playing tricks with me. I did see a documentary on 9/11 the night before... I visit this site quite often... could just be paranoia.

There were lots of "chemtrails" around before it got dark. Even more than usual. Maybe these were the planes that made them????

(I put chemtrails in quotes because I'm not sure what to think of them. All I do know is they are very different from contrails. I just don't want to cause a big contrail/chemtrail debate with the use of the word.)

[edit on 12-6-2004 by God]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
well chemtrails arent what people think they are for cloud seeding according to world book when it is done it makes it rain the next day. but i dun know what you saw.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Where do you live? Are there any military bases nearby. What types of planes were these?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Depending where you live it could have been a tanker refueling 2 fighters,in the Uk overland refueling is forbidden except in the far north of scotland.

The other planes might have been the rest of the squadron/flight waiting for their turn at the pump

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Here's a pilot's tip. Some pilots are, frankly, immature. Occasionally private pilots will fly in a triangular formation to create a hoax or for a "joke."

The general public isn't aware of this, but some pilots come back to an airfield and laugh about it, wondering how many people noticed the "UFO."

This is particularly a popular juvenile prank in areas where UFO's have been reported frequently, like in the Florida Panhandle and similar "hot spot" areas.

www.onealclan.com (Bible Code site)

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012
Here's a pilot's tip. Some pilots are, frankly, immature. Occasionally private pilots will fly in a triangular formation to create a hoax or for a "joke."

The general public isn't aware of this, but some pilots come back to an airfield and laugh about it, wondering how many people noticed the "UFO."

This is particularly a popular juvenile prank in areas where UFO's have been reported frequently, like in the Florida Panhandle and similar "hot spot" areas.

www.onealclan.com (Bible Code site)

Yeah, I was going to suggest that. There was actually one incident reported where some guys did that and caused all kinds of panic. Got in some pretty deep doo doo if I remember correctly.

God

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
CommonSense- No millitary bases, as far as I know. I'm in Yonkers, NY. As far as for what type of planes.... the one that broke away flew directly overhead and that one seemed to be commercial. The others didn't get close enough. My bus came and I couldn't get a window seat to try and see the others.

2012- Wow, I didn't know pilots ACTUALLY did that. I used to always joke around with my friends that pilots are messing with our heads and trying to scare us.

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Can't really help you on this, except to say that there are only three or four production aircraft in the world (VTOL) that are acapable of hovering flight - and in this I'm counting the F-35. The Harrier has only enough onboard coolant for a 60 second hover, if I remember correctly. The Yak-38 (not sure about the number) is the Russian equivalent of the Harrier. Presumably it has a similar hover time. Naturally all of these aircraft only hover for short periods of time. The V-22 Osprey I am not sure about.

Another possibility is the Sentinel UAV, but these would never have reason to fly in groups (they are surveillance drones). Another possibility is a number of blimps or ballons with lights on them... blimps and ad balloons are fairly common here in Johannesburg, but never at night and never more than the one.

Aircraft can also appear to remain still if flying at you head on at low speed. Or... the two hovering lights could have been helicopters, but if they hover, they're usually looking for something and shining lights around - unless they're using FLIR. Two police choppers is somewhat unusual... perhaps it was a search & rescue operation of some nature. Or there was just lots of air traffic. It happens - as in the case of an air show or an air race. This would mean a lot of light aircraft bunched pretty close together, 3's and 4's sometimes.

However, 8-10 in the sky at one time is interesting... usually the air force will scramble the two fighters that happen to be ready to go. Depends on what level of alert they are... 8-10 aircraft is more than half a (British-style) squadron. Your alternative explanation is that a couple of UFOs were hanging around playing silly buggers with the civilian traffic, til the military lost its rag and went to (try) and intercept them. Still, 8-10 is a lot of aircraft. Were they flying in pairs by any chance?

[edit on 13-6-2004 by Lampyridae]

top topics

join