It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Momma Turtle Conquers Oil (Good News)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here's a YouTuber worth following, from Orange Beach, Alabama. The maker of the videos has begun posting new ones every day or so, and so far the news is good.

Especially in this video. Do yourselves a favor and watch it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
GPS stakes, stethoscopes, and knowledgeable, committed residents can make a difference, and are.

It's not our first dog and pony show, after all. We are a tough bunch, but all heart when it comes down to it.

This is why Orange Beach is my favorite beach. I am so happy every day that it is still clean, and pray we all come through it as well as possible, with a quick recovery time that amazes the world.

Maybe technology that will help with other leaks around the world. Tough times bring out the best in people sometimes, and there are more than just officials and executives involved here.

There's us! This story proves that people do good, and that responsibility can be the source of great power to do good. 150 eggs!!!

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
wow..way cool..

I'm so glad to see that people still care

and are doing these things to take care of our wildlife.

S&F for you! great post.....

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Thanks, Baddmove.

I've got a couple of photos that really show the beauty we love here so much. I'll try to post them up, and I encourage others to do the same.

Hope is everything.
Actions fueled by hope will bring some good to creatures that would otherwise be doomed, lands that would have been swallowed up and forgotten.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Although animals have their own birth places that are deeply placed into their memories, I think we need to take those turtles or anything else that can be safely moved, to the eastern coast of the states and try to release them. It might be nice to see animals still be able to cope and set up the next years of their young, but with the oil, if they flee to that part of our sea, it's probable they won't survive. It might not be right to force them to release the young into the eastern coast and out of the gulf but they will most likely survive longer there. This is not something I would wish to have an intruding part in but I would rather them repopulate and change around the food chain in the open ocean than die for no reason in the gulf since nature always has a way to rebalance itself.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Embedded for you. Wonderful vid!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this!!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordTacos
Although animals have their own birth places that are deeply placed into their memories, I think we need to take those turtles or anything else that can be safely moved, to the eastern coast of the states and try to release them. It might be nice to see animals still be able to cope and set up the next years of their young, but with the oil, if they flee to that part of our sea, it's probable they won't survive. It might not be right to force them to release the young into the eastern coast and out of the gulf but they will most likely survive longer there. This is not something I would wish to have an intruding part in but I would rather them repopulate and change around the food chain in the open ocean than die for no reason in the gulf since nature always has a way to rebalance itself.

I saw an excellent clip that said the turtles could and would be moved, and sand from the native beaches would be taken with them.

Apparently, the turtles chew on the sand of their home beach and then again when they return to nest. So sand would be taken and stored for them and for any eggs when the babies hatch.

That way they can come back to their home beach. If it is still able to taste the same. Otherwise they must repopulate elsewhere, I suppose (hope).

top topics

join