It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Rain in North Carolina????

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I live in Fayetteville, NC/ Fort Bragg and our leaves aren't doing that. I think we have the worst water because of the military base and the army ranges. You can hear explosion all day long and everybody is used to it. A lot kids here have excema(skin rash-i dont know if I spelled it right), but no dying leaves yet....

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well when you have this stuff going in the air, no telling what
could be happening:

From the Source:

"June 10, 2010 — LATEST VIDEO TODAY NOT SEEN ON TV OIL SPILL BREAKING NEWS MILITARY AERIAL VIEW BURN BREAKING NEWS TODAY VIDEO COURTESY DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE AERIAL VIEW OF BURN INSITU Burn (Controlled Burn) They Have to Burn the Oil They Collect. Scientists Say 40 Million Gallons of Oil Released into the Ocean as high as 40 thousand barrels per day or 1.6 million gallons. 100,000 barrels could be leaking a day says Ira Leafer researcher at UCSB UNIVERSITY CALIFORNIA SANTA BARBARA. Video of Controlled burn of the Gulf Coast Oil Spill. Video by Chief Petty Officer Bob Laura. Produced by Deepwater Response Unified Command."

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This could get interesting.

Atlantic Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
Well when you have this stuff going in the air, no telling what
could be happening:

thanks for posting this as it is a terrible
reminder.

But remember, just mold or fungus or insects,
nothing significant at all
nothing to see here,
move along people

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Your post caught my attention. I'm in SC and I have been wondering what is killing off my grass. I'm going to join in on the effort to catch some rain water and have it tested. We had rain Sunday night and the sky was the wierdest color of yellow at around 8pm I have ever seen. It reminded me of Smog during the day in Los Angeles. Stupid me I didn't think to take a picture. Just sat outside with my girlfriend wondering whats going on.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

We had a thunderstorm around noon today.
Before it started to rain,I placed two small
tubs around my house.I collected some of
the rain water and smelled it for any odd
odors.Everything smelled alright to my nose.

If I should ever find any rain water with a bad
smell to it.I will add my findings to this thread.
I have been hearing of others complaining of
plants appearing to be burned.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gouzze

www.youtube.com...

Benzene and/or hydrogen sulfide rain perhaps? I'm particulary interested in your observation that the rain smelled foul. i would consider that an observation that shouldn't be so easily dismissed in defference to a plant fungus explanation. I'm going to do some research on this one

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfang

Yes, this is not looking good. I'm not a religious person, but I'd start praying if that thing gets organized. Some are saying it'll be declared hurricane status within the next day or two.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I experienced the same smell in the air right before a rain here in Virginia. I thought about it, and wondered the same thing. There are very toxic gases that are emanating out of the oil well. The source of moisture for our Rain storms in the Midwest, and Southeast is ah hum. "Gulf Moisture". It makes perfect sense to me that these noxious gases are staying in vapor form as the gulf moisture works it's way up before a cold front and falls in Rain.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Here is some hope .. I hope!!

This came to my Facebook page ... much relieved if this is put into operation.
It might also fix the issue with sea floor leakage, and that Bubble formed under the well ... Thank Goodness for Entrepreneurs!!

Now .. we just need to find THE FIX for the open flaming of the oil and the gas

.. I know they have to do this (and change the configuration of the chemicals) ...

I'm pretty sure that there are much better ways to do this, the Oil Companies have just not ever put their minds to this problem ... of course if they don't someone else will! Perhaps already has!! ....

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It made the news down south. The same thing you reported. Thought you would want to see it if you hadnt already.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry, I dont know how to make a window pop up like the person above me, but if anyone else wants to that would be appreciated.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Here ya go....

www.youtube.com...

God Help Us!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Look at what happened in The Jaipur Oil Depot Fire in India in Oct.-Nov. 2009.
The cabbage and chilly crops in Baksawala and other villages near Jaipur are withering away because of the black rain the area has been getting for sometime.

The rain contains suspended pollutants, which are dangerous to the crops, from the recent fire at the Jaipur oil depot.

“There are holes in the leaves and black and yellow patches on vegetables,” says a farmer from Baksawala village.

The oil explosion started way back on Oct. 29th, Toxic rains continue Nov. 14th!

The explosion was caused by earthquake. 11 killed. Same number as in the Gulf Oil Explosion!

Indian Oil fire lasted 11 days. Continued confirmations of 111th Congress which is publicly scheuled to end 1-20-2011.

ibnlive.in.com...
www.telegraphindia.com...
www.usatoday.com...
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

GOD Bless,
pastor Tim
www.isawthelightministries.com...
GET OUT OF THE GULF COAST NOW!!!
LEAVE ALL COAST LINES ACROSS THE NATION NOW!!!
GET OUT OF ALL BIG CITIES AND BIG TOWNS NOW!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have to say this is a major concern. My grass is dying off, all of my plants that were healthy and in full blum before the weekend have started to wilt and die off. I have a 5 story oak tree that the leaves are turning yellowish and whole branches are dead now. My new pear tree leaves are turning dark red in the veins of the leaves. I have a tree doctor coming out this Friday to check the trees for disease. If that big one goes, its taking out a house.

My neighbors are going through the same thing. The only thing in the neighborhood that hasn't been affected is the pine trees. I will let everyone know what is found

[edit on 23-6-2010 by cavscout11cav]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by cavscout11cav]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by labzrule
I can respect that you want your privacy. Just thrown some ideas out to help you out. Take care and good luck!!!

I do appreciate that

I need all the ideas I can muster.
I'll do some more checking later
today when it gets daylight.

It may not have a smell in the rain water itself.

It could be the gaseous state of the dispersant as a Russian scientist stated a "phase shifting" of the dispersant causing toxic rain.

Russian scientists briefing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev are warning that the dispersant used by BP to break up the oil spill in the Gulf could cause a far greater catastrophe than the oil itself. They envision apocalyptic destruction caused by the dispersant "phase shifting" from liquid to gas, then being absorbed into clouds and released as toxic rain all over the Eastern coast. They note that corexit, which BP has been using despite an EPA ruling against it, is one of the most toxic dispersants ever created.

www.newser.com...

As far as testing goes I would use a beaker and have the rain water tested for toxicity.

A mysterious "disease" has caused widespread damage to plants from weeds to farmed organic and conventionally grown crops. There is very strong suspicion that ocean winds have blown Corexit aerosol plumes or droplets and that dispersants have caused the unexplained widespread damage or "disease."

There is no other explanation for the crop damage. Everything points to something that has a widespread effect on plants and crops. While no one precisely knows, all the signs point to BP's use of aerosolized Corexit brought inland by the ocean winds or rain.

Remember acid rain? Now it seems we could have toxic dispersant rain.

www.ufppc.org...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Wavector]

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Wavector]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but there was a similar thing going on in TN:

www.wreg.com...

FAST FACTS: * Small dots appear to "burn" through leaves * Area affected is along Tipton and Shelby County line * Farmers afraid they may lose their entire crop (Memphis 6/1/2010) A mystery is unfolding across MidSouth farms. Something is killing crops, trees, even weeds and nobody can explain why. Farmers are scratching their heads and some are worried their crops may be lost to the mysterious plague.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
folks
if anybody has any stories about your own
crops, grass, gardens, trees or flowers, then
feel free to post it on this thread. Document
it right here, post pics if you have them.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I live in Western Quebec, Canada. After finding this discussion and seeing the pictures, I can say ths same thing is showing here. Very similar to photos posted. Seems as if where water forms on leaves and evaporates the droplets, the plant is damaged and a hole will form sometimes leaving the web of the leaf veins. The edges of leaves also. Upper leaves are most evident. Also it is across the spectrum of plants; from gardens to invasive weeds, trees of all types with maple the worst. Holes through the leaves where there are no insects, which begin as a spot, and no signs of mold. PH of rain is about 5.5. Not very accurate. This effect has become evident here over the past two weeks or so.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

So, have you provided any evidence other than photos that look like insect damage yet?

I'd love to see a water test, or even a lab test of one of those leaves.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I saw the topic of this thread several days ago and did not read it. However, today when I was leaving work in Birmingham, AL it started raining. It smelled like a garage. So I decided to feel the drops on my fingers. It felt almost like oil was hard to dry off of my skin.

When I got home, about 20 miles north of Bham, I wiped a couple leaves with rain drops on them and it felt the same. My wife does not go to this website. So I asked her to go outside and feel the drops. She said that it felt like baby oil. It was crazy. I just thought I would let you guys/gals know this from Bham, AL.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join