It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Rain in North Carolina????

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
in another note, I did look for rain water
left over from yesterday and I could not find any.
However, I will take this into account for the
next rain and have a glass sitting out to grab
some samples.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Thanks, boondock-saint, for posting this, even though it is quite terrible to see and hear about. I myself live in Southern Ohio, and I have yet seen anything akin to this, but I will be looking, thanks to you. Anyone besides me thinking of moving to Canada?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I live in Northwestern North Carolina and for the past week there has been alot of strange dark cloud formations. I think it's from Them burning oil in Gulf and sending it up being caught by the wind currents. Few photos I took looked as if it as raining red rain. I took pictures of them and tried to upload them here on ATS but had trouble ( I am a newbie here and to my laptop.) Some said (what few I could get uploaded ) most likely a sunset. Don't they know that awesome sunsets are the product of pollution?

Also some of these photos are errie as I got shots of the American Flag that has what appears to be face clouds looking at the USA Flag and don't look none to happy either. (2 diffirent ones/kinds of face shapes) one had a very long nose that appeared to be pointing at USA Flag. Remember the puppet boy Picnoco (speeling?) whose nose grew eery time he lied. Well,we all know how US Government is lying to us. And before in April I was at the same place and took pitures of that same American Flag and there was a skull cloud looking dowing at it and this was in April about the time of the Gulf Oil Spill.

Also this past week when I go outside to town my eyes have been burning. And my sinis having problems too. So somethings in the air. And if They are burning oil in the Gulf as They say They are, the winds can carry it along the air currents and affect other places sooner or later.

I haven't figured out yet how to get my photos here and I still have to correct the size on my Facebook so can zoom in a better way. And since for some odd reason I can't send info to my FB and no one can get in, I temporarly reset my FB/Profile so people can go in and see photos. If you want to be friends ask and I will confirm. So far the ony way in is to get in is to Google me Deborah Maya I am the one with very long hair sitting in the chair. If you want to ask to be friends and I will confirm you.

Truth, Love and True Light, Maya

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I woud like to add to my comments from my last Post. That even with the massive storm wall (see photo) coming that tornados can form in, into Jefferson North Carolina it only drizzled. (Thank God!)

And with these other terrible looking black clouds and other clouds that looked like it was going to storm, there was no rain around me at all. Just those other photos I took at New River Bridge that when I zoomed in on cause I could had swore It looked like it was raining red rain but evaporated before hitting the ground. (I live only quarter mile from there for 14 years and never seen such clouds. Got to be from Them burning oil on the Gulf and being pick up and traveling with air/wind currents. And with all those chemicls and the red dye thing (?) they use to get it hot enough to start the fire to burn on the gulf, it/they could cause also chemicals that with what rain we would get to evaporate. Either that or/and thank God He doesn't let that rain fall on us around here!

Truth, Love and True Light, Maya

)reply to
post by boondock-saint

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You have a fungus problem, nothing more! Clip a leaf, put it in a ziplock and send it out for testing or something. I have seen this a thousand time over.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
more pics taken today

this first pic is a good example of
the 3 stages I was talking about as it
has all 3 in 1 pic. The white spots,
then the yellow burning and finally
the holes in the leaves.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9355294c78a1.jpg[/atsimg]

I tried to go find the leaf that was in my final pic
yesterday but I could not find it. But I got a pic
of another leaf near it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/861c4093ccf4.jpg[/atsimg]

Dude, you still arent convincing this 'non-believer' with yet another photo that looks exactly like a number of potential leaves i could take pictures of in my yard, or in any yard any where int he world.

get the rain water or one of the leaves tested. Your photos are evidence of nothing.

here are a few examples of insect and fungal damage:

www.gapphotos.com...

gardenbite.com...

www-s.aces.uiuc.edu...

www.ipm.iastate.edu...

www-s.aces.uiuc.edu...

www.hiltonpond.org...

Sorry to be such a 'skeptic', but i'm trying to offer you informed advice. Just claiming i'm a 'shill' or a 'disinfo agent' is kinda paranoid, dontchathink?

Provide actual EVIDENCE, not just photos of leaf damage that could EASILY be attributed to a number of things.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
here are a few examples of insect and fungal damage:

www.gapphotos.com...

gardenbite.com...

www-s.aces.uiuc.edu...

www.ipm.iastate.edu...

www-s.aces.uiuc.edu...

www.hiltonpond.org...

and not a single one of those photos
look like anything I posted.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
Sorry to be such a 'skeptic', but i'm trying to offer you informed advice. Just claiming i'm a 'shill' or a 'disinfo agent' is kinda paranoid, dontchathink?

Provide actual EVIDENCE, not just photos of leaf damage that could EASILY be attributed to a number of things.

informed advice ??? lol
No, u called me a liar with
this statement:

Also, no one in NC would have tomatoes that large, with fruit,
out doors at this time of year.

I do take advice from people I trust.
However, after your comments ....
you didn't make the list. Sorry

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Looks like another quality member has fallen into the sensationalism of the recent oil events. Boondock please, please stop refusing to believe those who have MUCH more experience with plants than you. A direct cause and effect relationship may exist between plants and the possibility of oil rain DOWN THE ROAD, but will have no short term effect on plants inshore as you claim to think. I am sorry, but this is nothing due to oil. It is very common for a person to blame a recent event that sticks out in their minds for something new that they have noticed. That does not, and I repeat, DOES NOT mean there is a relationship between the two. Your more recent photos reading "For ATS Non-Believers" is really quite surprising coming from someone who posts quality material. How about you take a step back and realize that you are wrong, and there is nothing wrong with admitting that. The oil in the rain would not cause it to be acidic enough to burn plants without also burning countless other organic matter (including your skin) to that magnitude. Please use your head for a second and stop taking others more experienced opinions personally. They aren't attacking you, they are denying ignorance, which you are not doing with this thread.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
You have a fungus problem, nothing more! Clip a leaf, put it in a ziplock and send it out for testing or something. I have seen this a thousand time over.

if it is just a fungus then it will eventually
go away and then there's no problem
and I can report back and say all is well.

However, I have already stated that I wanted
no publicity from this as I like my privacy.

If I zip it up and send it off and it turns out
to be something bad, don't u think every scientist
within 200 miles will be here with a test tube???
There goes the neighborhood. I'd rather somebody
else reports theirs first. But I don't wanna be first.
I have already stated this.

I was gonna do the pH test myself but the water
is all gone now. So I don't intend to go to
the authorities for their help. So all I can do
now is guess and wait to see if it happens
to others.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

ok, ur right
it's fungus or spots or mold or insects
nothing to be concerned about.

I'm sorry for bringing it up.
I hope u have a copy of the pics
as I am taking them down as I'm
only allowed a certain amount of
storage space and I have tied up
numerous pics for this thread.

thread closed as far as I'm concerned.
Time to move on.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If the substance burned through the leaves and fruit, then it
must be caustic. Were you standing in the rain and feel
any burning or the sensation of burning? I live any western
NC, and have not seen this as of yet.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
With all the nonstop rain I've been getting here in Iowa, we've been seeing some similar diseased leaves on plants and trees around here. I also have to vote fungus/disease.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

In an earlier post, you mentioned not having any chemical plants near you. Based on your location, Wilmington NC is just north east. Monsanto has a plant there. It smells like cat piss when you drive by on 421. I am in Sampson county, so not far from you at all. I just don't think it's anything out of the ordinary. But if you set out a rain gauge, you will have a sample and could in fact prove you are correct. I was wrong once, and I didn't like it. I hope it doesn't happen anymore.

P.S. Wal Mart or True Value for the rain gage.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The mosquitoes are still biting and pets still have fleas. As long as these pests are still around, there is nothing wrong with air quality, and there is no acid rain killing anything.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Raid House & Garden Bug Killer is designed to kill crawling, flying, and garden insects. Its formula will not harm your house or garden plants. lol Acid rain? Nah.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Hemisphere
All of the photos show signs of varied plant diseases and insect damage. The tomatoes look to have early blight or something along those lines. Very common. And there are other photos that look like black spot, powdery mildew, leaf miner damage, Japanese Beetles and so on.

I hope you are right
for all our sakes.

BDS, I'm not discounting your observations. Everyone seems to have a heightened awareness with the spill going on. We're all looking for signs.

These natural processes go on constantly and in varied degrees and they vary from season to season and year to year. There is likely always some damage visible on plants but from a distance the overall picture remains rather blurry, green and in general benign. You got up close and personal and you already had a heightened sensitivity to anything you might observe as out of place. If you had a series of photographs showing the diseases in progress and the visitations by insects I know you would feel better about this. There are instances where you will see signs of man-made stress contributing to damage on plant life, I feel rather certain this is not one of those.

I don't believe the Carolinas typically receive extensive rain at this time of year. And so I don't think it's a "bad rain" it's just that there is rain and lots of it as you described. I think that also contributed to the "foul odor" you noted. With rain comes rot. You typically wouldn't smell those processes at work at this time of year. The rain puts the breakdown of organic materials in your yard in high gear. Atypical rain plus June heat in NC is a magic combination. Much like a well watered compost pile and if you've ever got near a hot, moist, aerobic compost pile you would likely think that it too smelled "foul".

The natural world is always in flux and it's dog eat dog or bug eat plant if you will. It's a jungle out there.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

Sorry, just saw your tomatoes against the chain link fence photo. The size of the tomato plants also is attributable to the same conditions. Extensive rain and June heat. Tomatoes thrive on both. But...... and here is the kicker.... the lush growth of the plants also makes them more of a target for insects and diseases. A plant that is "less lush" and more hardened off due to sporadic watering and heat stress would be less inviting to infestation. In short, if we think a plant looks inviting, so do bugs, microbes and other critters. Feel the leaves and stems of your plants. They will undoubtedly feel rather supple, soft and succulent. If the tomatoes were stressed they would feel hard and dry.

Great looking tomato plants, pick up some organic pest and disease controls. You should get a nice harvest. You might also have to "thin" some of that lush growth to allow for better sun exposure to more leaf surface and better air circulation in and around the plants. There's plenty of good growing advice on line. This is obviously not your first crack at tomatoes. Use your best judgement and keep observing.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Boondock-Saint- GREAT Catch! Thank you, for the well-documented heads-up. I have family in Va, on the Coast, and will get them to start looking.
I have a degree in Bio, though. From the first pix, it looked like a fungus.
NOT saying, it didn't come from the rain, though. Especially, if YOU noticed PHYSICAL reaction yourself. There are an AWFUL lot of volatiles, in all that crude- what is being "burned-off", and what is just evaporating. IMHO, this disaster, is JUST GETTING STARTED. I cannot imagine, the long-term consequences, to the Gulf and East Coast, of the USA. Less damage, to the rest of the world. But- there WILL be world-wide effects.
To me, the entire episode looks like another NWO step, in destroying the World Economy. Killing-off the seafood supply, will definately kill a lot of people. It will drive millions, into destitute poverty. That's the plan, I guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Fungus and insect issues will spread throughout your yard unless you take measures to stop their advance. There are simple measures you can take right now to fix the problems. You just have to want to take action.

Here is my suggested course of action for you.

Take some cuttings to your local home improvment store that has a garden center or even better take them to a local nursery, ask their advice. You will get the truth from them.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join