It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama cuts off funding to dead people.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Can this guy sink any lower? Now Obama is considering cutting off benefit payments to dead people. Talk about kicking a guy when he's down. These are the people who voted him into office and THIS is how he treats them.

Hey, wait a minute, maybe this IS a good idea. With the the government running it though, you can bet good money they'll find a way to mess it up.

Obama to agencies: Don't pay dead people

No more checks to the dead: Gov't creates 'do not pay' list to keep money from going astray

The government sent benefit checks to 20,000 departed Americans over three years, totaling more than $180 million -- a remarkable number that provoked the Obama administration to create a government-wide "do not pay" list as part of its brainstorming for ways to save taxpayer money.

Once the database is up and running, agencies will have to search it before sending out payments. A pre-check check, so to speak.

"We're making sure that payments no longer go to the deceased -- it sounds ridiculous even to say it," acknowledged Vice President Joe Biden in describing the database.

Also planned for inclusion: contractors who've fallen behind in their payments or, even worse, landed in jail, and companies that have been suspended or otherwise deemed ineligible for government work.

"This stuff seems obvious on its face," Biden acknowledged. "The voters will go, 'My God, isn't that happening already?'"

Read more: AP

That's just great; a "do not pay" list for dead people and bad contractors. I'm sure they'll run this as smoothly as the TSA runs their "do not fly" list.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29d67e0fb9fb.jpg[/atsimg]

Do not fly list kid.

How long before we have to go down and prove that we're not dead before collecting our Social Security benefits? Something tells me that a simple pulse check won't cut the muster with those government types. :shk:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It boggles my mind that this even needs to be done. How are checks still being made out to dead people?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Ill Bet the checks to dead people is just a cover up of corruption.

second line

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Look at it a different way:
The 'do not pay' list is a tool used by the govt to 'cut off' dissenters of the US govt. Your life, your money, everything is cut off- making you effectively dead.

We are heading even further down the slippery slope....

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
It boggles my mind that this even needs to be done. How are checks still being made out to dead people?

I agree, there needs to be some way to take people off the roles after they have died.

What bothers me is the whole idea of a "do not pay" list. The government has a nasty habit of putting too many people on their "lists" and mixing up identities so that someone who has a similar name is often penalized for something they have not done.

Then trying to get yourself off of the list can be a bureaucratic nightmare.

The government will screw this one up big time for sure.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Is this thread serious, better put OP, is your outrage?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

the do not pay list should only be legally allowed to cut off the checks of Government checks i assume? of Government Employed?

I see no Government Reason to put anyone who is not employed by the Government on a Do Not Pay list.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

My outrage is a little bit tongue in cheek but, I am worried about the govt messing up this "do not pay" list.

Originally posted by 7even7eas
reply to post by wylekat

the do not pay list should only be legally allowed to cut off the checks of Government checks i assume? of Government Employed?

I see no Government Reason to put anyone who is not employed by the Government on a Do Not Pay list.

I think its to cut off benefit payments to citizens who have died. Things like Social Security and disability payments.

So,no, one doesn't have to be an employee of the govt in order to land on this list.

[edit on 6/19/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

they should cut couple of billions down from the excessive and paranoid security system they have established.

Seriously, how many billions do you really need?

It is just mind boggling.

Or maybe, just maybe they could bring American kids back home from Afghanistan and Iraq, that would save the TAX payer about:

$200 million each and every day.

Damn, that could make every America a millionaire eventually ^^

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

Or maybe, just maybe they could bring American kids back home from Afghanistan and Iraq, that would save the TAX payer about:

$200 million each and every day.

Damn, that could make every America a millionaire eventually ^^

Dang right, the checks to dead people cost them $180 mil over three years. They could save more than that EVERY DAY just by bringing our troops home.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Next step?
Stop them from voting!

Zombies really draw votes away from the real contenders.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Once the database is up and running, agencies will have to search it before sending out payments. A pre-check check, so to speak.

I bet the database ends up costing more than the checks being sent out.

IMO, it would be easier to get the IRS to garnish the money from the person who signed the dead person's check.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Next step?
Stop them from voting!

- Lee

Damn you are right at that.

If they are getting money, how do we know they are also not voting lol.

Great point ^^

Even if it was sarcastic ^^

Anyways, I hope all Americans don't vote for once, so we can truly see if they are making it all up, or does it really matter since there is only two parties.

That is dictatorship at its best.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
More money for the politicians!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I know an undead laid of blacksmith that was depending on this money! What will he do now? Go fight orcs and humans? Obama is forcing the dead into a life of crime!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
They WILL screw this up without a doubt.

I believe it was in India where someone reported somebody had died because the two had a beef.

The poor guy can not convince the government he is not dead.

The government can not keep illegals out of the country can not find a dozen Afgans,anybody think they will not screw this up?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Next step?
Stop them from voting!

- Lee

It won't happen. Democrats in congress are counting on the zombie vote to keep them in office.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Now if they could get dead people to stop voting...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
I think its to cut off benefit payments to citizens who have died. Things like Social Security and disability payments.
[edit on 6/19/10 by FortAnthem]

Sometimes it's not as simple as "Oops, this man is dead - cease payment." - But I'm sure your aware of this.
My cousin, through his grandmother, collected his father's social security disability after his father's death (I think called survivor's benefits?). And when his grandmother died, the checks were sent to his grandfather for him. There might have been paperwork filed to ensure that this process was automatic, but I can't be sure. Likewise, if it were the other way around, and his grandmother were to outlive his grandfather, she would have collected her husband's military pension: he served twenty years in the army and achieved the rank of Sergeant Major. Again, this process may be automatic - I would hope so.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

Next step?
Stop them from voting!

- Lee

Damn you are right at that.

If they are getting money, how do we know they are also not voting lol.

Great point ^^

Even if it was sarcastic ^^

The zombie part was a joke but I was serious.
Dead people have somehow (unfortunately) voted in elections both in the past and the present. Google: Dead Voters.

Dead voted in governor's race
King County investigating 'ghost voter' cases

At least eight people who died well before the November general election were credited with voting in King County, raising new questions about the integrity of the vote total in the narrow governor's race, a Seattle Post-Intelligencer review has found. www.seattlepi.com

Local 2 Investigates Dead Voters

Investigative reporter Amy Davis shows you how hundreds of voters could sway this year's election -- voters who are not even alive. "All-in-all, a great person, a great woman, just a wonderful person" is how Alexis Guidry described her mother to Local 2 Investigates.

"As far back as I can remember, they've always voted in the election," Guidry said of her parents. The March 2008 Primary was no exception. Voting records show Alexis' mom, Gloria Guidry, cast her ballot in person near her South Houston home.

"It was just very shocking, a little unsettling," said Alexis Guidry.

It's unsettling because Gloria Guidry died of cancer 10 months before the March Primary. www.click2houston.com

I See Dead People Voting Again

And how is it that there are nearly 80,000 dead people still on the voter rolls in New York? Will anyone bother to check to make sure that they're not voting next Tuesday or is that optional? After all, it would require someone checking identification to make sure that someone isn't voting who shouldn't. Who benefits the most from this? Democrats in New York outnumber Republicans by a 4-1 margin.
lawhawk.blogspot.com

Dead men tell no tales.
The living take over the lying for them.

- Lee

top topics

<<   2 >>

join