It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

heckling the queen at un

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Ausar

Americans do not care for royalty. That's probably the biggest reason we exist is because of the Monarchy in England that doomed most of the citizens (or in their day, peasants) to be second class while simply being born to the right circumstances gave you a life of luxury.

The royal family is an outdated disgrace that glorifies an oppressive time and way of life.

Damn the Queen.

Oh and your country was so great back then?

Hang on........ have you stepped back and looked at your country from an outsiders point of view ?

no offense to American citizens i just mean how corrupt your government is and the GLOBAL problems they have caused and continue to cause.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

Originally posted by Ausar
is it wrong to heckle the "queen" when she makes her trip to new york. i know its not against any american laws.

I for one would love to see the Queen heckled every single place she goes.

If you could possibly nail her in the face with some dog poo, I will send you 100$.

you know to a proud British citizen and someone who takes pride in our flag that is outrageously offensive, yeah in the 21st century the Royal family doesn't do much but
if you looked into British history you would know how great this country is and that if it wasn't for us you would not have majority of things you have today.

seriously if you said that in my face... God help YOU!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Tourism? Who goes there because there is a queen? Seriously. I know quite a few Americans who have visited for varying lenghts of time and the guards who never smile with the fuzzy penises on their heads were well ahead of the queen on a "things to see" list. Whatever attraction their is it's more in line with a freak show than anything respectful.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You mean the Grenadiers?

Who ware Bearskins.

A tradition stemming from the 17th century.

Who have the honour and the discipline to stand guard, whilst ignoring snap happy tourists so that they can maintain security at the Royal palace.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I find it amazing that so many non-UK citizens have such passionate opinions about The Queen and The British Monarchy.
Why?
She / they have absolutely no bearing or say on their lives, (she has very little influence in the UK).

Indeed.

What I find truly amazing though is both non-Uk and UK citizens having an opinion (usually negative) while obviously knowing sweet FA about which they speak.

As for the OP, it would be extremely bad protocol for one Head of State to "heckle" another. As for general public, I am sure she is used to that.

At least she doesn't need a bubble of security with pre-approved supporters cheering for them while keeping all dissenters away, unlike some Heads of State.... *cough*US Presidents*cough*

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Those "guards with the fuzzy penises" are members of elite Guard regiments of the British Army and would take great umbridge at your description of them.

EDIT: The ones on guard now have just completed a tour of Afghanistan, so maybe less of the mocking?

[edit on 20/6/10 by stumason]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

And if there was no reigning monarch there would be no reason for the guards.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Freeborn
I find it amazing that so many non-UK citizens have such passionate opinions about The Queen and The British Monarchy.
Why?
She / they have absolutely no bearing or say on their lives, (she has very little influence in the UK).

Indeed.

What I find truly amazing though is both non-Uk and UK citizens having an opinion (usually negative) while obviously knowing sweet FA about which they speak.

As for the OP, it would be extremely bad protocol for one Head of State to "heckle" another. As for general public, I am sure she is used to that.

At least she doesn't need a bubble of security with pre-approved supporters cheering for them while keeping all dissenters away, unlike some Heads of State.... *cough*US Presidents*cough*

Protocol to one side, she is more than capable of dealing with loud mouthed leaders
and did so quite well at the G20 if my memory serves me correctly

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I find this thread hilarious ... Americans criticizing the British monarchy when our president is a de-facto elected monarch.

Queen Elizabeth II has done far, far more for her country and her people then the last few US presidents combined.

If they dident have a monarch they would be paying the same amount of money for an elected president. They would need a presidential palace, presidential guards, motorcades, etc. At least with the Royals they can balance it with tourism and charity.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It's been pretty funny watching the US and UK locked in an economic and social death spiral these past few years.

But that special relationship formed after WW2 is over and you're attacking eachother on the way down.

But make no mistake. The USA and the UK are both doomed economically and your way of life. Your living standards and your global influence are going to decline rapidly. The sun is setting for your empires.

By all means. Heckle the Queen. Destroy BP. It's only going to hasten your shared demise.

I'm sure glad I live on the other side of the world.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
While I wouldnt want a monarch in my country. I think for the UK and the Commonwealth, Elizabeth II, has been a very fine monarch and I personally can not find fault with the way she has performed during her reign.
I cant see any reason for her to heckled she pretty much stays out of politics and performs her stately duties, and the tourism is good for the UK economy.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I hate the Royals, bunch of parasites imo. Get rid of them as soon as we can.
Wasn't it good to see Wills and Harry on their little trip to Africa, check into a few pet projects before off to the England game, how convenient boys. Oh then we find out Wills and Harry were in the dressing room with the England players "joking around" after the game, I mean wtf.

I don't understand anyone who believes that a certain unremarkable Family should be put on a pedestal in this day and age and supported by the British Tax payer. These people are some of the most pampered individuals in the world

Ask Lizzie how her ragtag family plan on making some cuts to their opulent life style.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
OK you bunch.

I promise you this.

Next time Obama or any other US president (Head of State) from here to the end of the time, come to the UK.I guarantee he will be heckled. How do you feel about that?

Do you think it is right for us British to heckle the president of the US.

So what ion the hell makes you think that YOU have the right to cast approval to heckle the HEAD OF STATE of our country.

if any one of you can prove that you lived through, and were directly affected the event that took place due to the British government policy that lead to the colony rebellion in the American Colonies in the 18t Century, then you will be excused.

As for the rest of you. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

[edit on 20/6/2010 by JakiusFogg]

[edit on 20/6/2010 by JakiusFogg]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

They get barely anything from the taxpayer, this is a myth. The Civil List pays for expenses incurred doing state duties, the exact same expenses a President would incur, if not less. And only the Queen gets any money from the taxpayer, the rest of them have their own jobs and income.

At least our Head of State isn't political and we don't have the popularity contest and showboating we see in some "Republics"...

They actually generate far more in tourist income than they cost each taxpayer and they have their own income (which is taxed too, I might add) from their own holdings.

As for Wills and Harry, they are really nice blokes and do alot for charity not only at home but abroad. Charles too is a great contributor to charity.

Calling them worthless parasites is plain ignorant. They do far more for the world around them than most people, yet get criticised for it.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Reply to post by JakiusFogg

Go ahead and heckle him. What do I care?

I don't have any "matter of course" pride devoted in the man just because he is who is his. None for the office either. There isn't a thing or person alive who deserves my respect or instills a sense of pride simply by existing as that thing.

Heckle him. Throw rottenfruit at him. Hang him from a lamp post. Doesn't change my life any and I wouldn't waste a tear or sorrowful moment.

All of these symbols and idols are a grand waste of energy and time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Heckle him. Throw rottenfruit at him. Hang him from a lamp post. Doesn't change my life any and I wouldn't waste a tear or sorrowful moment.

We all know that to do that to a US President would mean instant death at the hands of over zealous Secret Service types.

Now, contrast that to the chap who threw a rotten egg at our (former) Deputy PM....

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

You'v got to be a loyalist! what i cant understand is why yea think a Woman whose Family is from Germany should be revered so much by the Commonwealth! just something i cant understand! I am a Man who bow's to no other Man or Woman as i believe we are all equal!

[edit on 20-6-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I think you may exaggerate the influence of the Royal Family on tourism to England. I'm sure people would still come if we got rid of the monarchy. It's an outdated institution, but as long as there are folks like you who enjoy the status of Subject to the queen their reign will continue.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

The whole "German" thing is also a myth. All the Royal families of Europe intermarried, so it isn't really possible to say she is "German". She was born in the UK and was raised here, so I assume you're basically saying anyone with any foriegn ancestry isn't a UK citizen, even if they were born and raised here?

Also, she is a direct descendant of Harold, the one who got shot in the eye in 1066. She's more English than I am in that respect as if you go back to just the 17h century, my ancestors where Irish and Cornish!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Not at all, the figures back it up. Visitors numbers to the palaces and other sites top the tables, certainly outstripping other venues such as the Millenium Tent or the London Ferris Wheel.

They also act as ambassadors, promoting business links and generating trade. People around the world put alot of stock in the Royals and they carry weight.

I think it is you who underestimate their importance and influence, rather than any exaggeration on my part.

They are also a link to our past and our culture. I suppose you're of the left-leaning side that maintain the Uk has no culture? Whether you like it or not, the Royals have played a pivotal role in the UK throughout it's history.

[edit on 20/6/10 by stumason]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join