It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solution: How to fix the USA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is something I have pondered for quite sometime and for awhile now I think Ive had a viable answer.

I call it one week off. Everyone in this country takes a full week off from work. This is not your typical week off, its a week sans activity. You do not leave your residence. You do not purchase anything. You do not use utilities except when essentially necessary, that means no electric, no gas, as little water as possible.
The goal is totally stopping the flow of goods, commerce and production.

I know this would not be easy or comfortable for anyone, but is struggling through seven days of have not too much to ask to get our country back?

Of course it would have to be well planned in advance and probably promoted through a chain email as you would want as little warning as possible for the TPTB.

After this seven day period our government would come crawling back to us asking our demands.

The list we present them would read as follows:

1) A clean sweep of all state and federal representatives.
2)Abolishing of all federal law sans constitution and bill of rights.
3)All lobbying outlawed.
4)Direct voting in all elections for public service on every level, no more czar's or appointees.
5)Institution of common law.
6)Abolishing of all alphabet agencies.
7)All troops return home and placed at borders where necessary.
8) Institution of a flat tax with no loop holes, write offs, breaks or credits.

This is just a starter list. I am not pretending to know it all this is an idea ive been tossing around for years and any input will be welcomed. I would love to hone this into something feasible.

So, help me help us ATS, discuss.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Let me know when you want to do this, because I'm full and ready to take off from work for a week.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Trouble in Little Chi
Let me know when you want to do this, because I'm full and ready to take off from work for a week.

That would be the hardest part getting the word out to everyone, and coming up with a date.

Even those with no job abide by the same rule ie you do absolutely nothing for one week.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
So "Obama should get the kill switch" a one line thread by a troll gets 10 pages of replies, while my thread suggesting solutions to our real problem crashes and Burns.

Thanks ATS so disappointing

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
So "Obama should get the kill switch" a one line thread by a troll gets 10 pages of replies, while my thread suggesting solutions to our real problem crashes and Burns.

I could write plenty of "solutions" like yours which would work, but would also need mass cooperation.

Unfortunately, I dont think there is enough mass unrest to get that much support even if you got the word out, most people dont care.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by CREAM]

[edit on 19-6-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Yes sadly I think your assessment is accurate.

Oh, well firesale anyone?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I don't think ATSers can do it alone. too many in the USA have drank the Koolaid and are in lockstep with TPTB. Sad isn't it. Great suggestion by the way. Too many people struggling just to pay the bills these days. Staying home from work for a week would flip them over the edge.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Essential services would have to rotate services though, some things need to keep working.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well even if by some miracle this could be organized and pulled off in reality it would accomplish nothing.

Bottom line is the government would know as would everyone that this would be a one off thing, it is not something that can be repeated as people need to work for food and shelter. You cannot get people to starve the system when it means starving themselves.

This is just as stupid as the lets all not buy gas on such and such day and that will show them. Of course even if that happened it just means all the people would just fuel up the next day.

Look people need money to survive like it or not.

If you want a real boycott that might have a prayer of working - if you could really organize it - which you cant, it would be to get people to stop paying taxes.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

I'm betting that you still live with your parents and don't have to go out in the world and make a living.

Do you have any idea what this would do to small retailers/businesses like myself?

A week of no business would force me to lay off my help and declare bankruptcy again.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense! Please!

[edit on 19-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

Everyone in this country takes a full week off from work.

Everyone. hmm...OK

After this seven day period our government would come crawling back to us asking our demands.

Don't many of those folks your asking to take a week off actually work for the same government you say will come crawling?

[edit on 19-6-2010 by jam321]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So your aim of fixing America is to collapse the system of order?

Who will operate the power plants that supply our nation with electricity?

Who is going to maintain patients in hospitals? Do you want the doctors to give up and let those in critical care die for a cause they may or may not even wish to take part in?

What about the police? Would you rather have them all at home, too, ignoring the crime that would inevitably spike? How about the prison guards? Surely the prisoners would love to take part in your plan and wouldn't mind sitting in their cells unsupervised for a week.

Your plan seems like it would result in many, many deaths and undue suffering to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Um no I support myself, by myself, seriously one week would put you in bankruptcy?

Even people who live paycheck to paycheck can squeeze one week a year.
Most do it, its called vacation, and during that vacation they spend anywhere from two weeks to a month of everyday living expenses.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Um no I support myself, by myself, seriously one week would put you in bankruptcy?

Even people who live paycheck to paycheck can squeeze one week a year.
Most do it, its called vacation, and during that vacation they spend anywhere from two weeks to a month of everyday living expenses.

Perhaps not, but I can tell you one thing. If one of my employees took a week off, that wasn't in their allotted vacation time...They might as well just stay home because they would have been replaced.

Again....

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Quinctilius Varus

Your right essential services would have to be maintained to some degree. Thanks for the response helps me flesh this out.

So we take essential services and uncooperative government employees out of the equation and it would still have enough impact to make a change.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Alright already you don't have to repeat yourself. I was throwing this out there to see where it would go, obviously not far.

Its more frustrating than anything to watch this system slowly fall apart, and when it does finally tank the bankers will dictate the terms to us slaves. More than anything I'm looking for a way for us, the people to dictate the terms.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Its more frustrating than anything to watch this system slowly fall apart, and when it does finally tank the bankers will dictate the terms to us slaves. More than anything I'm looking for a way for us, the people to dictate the terms.

How exactly is the system falling apart. From what I see the economy is on the rebound, slowly. But this so called oil "spill" could have untold consequences both ecologically and economically!

And as far as being slaves to the bankers....Start a business, make a lot of money, live large, retire early and tell the bankers to go get, you know what. That way you can dictate your own terms on a personal level at least.

I do admire your passion and idealism. Sorry, over the years I have become jaded and cynical.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
[I] réponse à [url = # www.abovetopsecret.com... pid9056612] poste par ISHAMAGI [[/ url] / i]
[Plus]

Hi!

The Chinese can be here!
With radiant atomic bomb. Rayonnantes waves which are round the world. They grillent all electronics. Satellite, radio, tv, internet, etc. Back to the 19th century!
After?
Without communication... weapon! Arms of handguns, weapons of war, etc

Les chinois peuvent faire çà !
Avec la bombe atomique rayonnante. Des ondes rayonnantes qui font le tour de la Terre. Elles grillent tout l'électronique. Satellites, radios, tv, internet, etc. Retour vers le 19 ème siècle !
Après ?
Sans communication... arme ! Armes de poing, armes de guerre, etc

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have heard Max Keiser propose that we boycott Coca-Cola. I believe his reasoning is that it would send a clear message and it's doable.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The issue with your idea is getting the people of the US and maybe other countries to give up and their lives for a week and do as little as possible. I guess there are going to be elements of the population who would join in but will they be the people to make a difference?

I guess your aim is the hit big business and the Government but how many small mom and pop businesses would be impacted. How many of these small businesses can afford to take a loss of a weeks earnings? And a week is just not long enough to make any real impact in big business and Government.

You would need at least 3 weeks and even if you can get this to happen, people would bulk buy leading up to any action so the long term impact would typically be small as big business would just see a spike in demand and the average of demand over a quarter would be the same.

And I wanted to address some of your action points:

1) A clean sweep of all state and federal representatives.

So who is going to represent you and how would State and Federal Government operate? And the vast majority of these people have been voted in?

2)Abolishing of all federal law sans constitution and bill of rights.

I can see this.

3)All lobbying outlawed.

So would you asking your local State or Federal representative to vote one way or another be lobbying? You are looking to influence the representative. What's the actual differance between you and a lobbyist? Money and access to power?

4)Direct voting in all elections for public service on every level, no more czar's or appointees.

OK.

5)Institution of common law.

Based on what?

6)Abolishing of all alphabet agencies.

Some agencies will be needed to ensure running of medical services, policing, etc. I think you would need to be more specific here.

7)All troops return home and placed at borders where necessary.

Back to an American view of the world between WWI and WWII. The US has treaty obligations to protect its allies and partners. Would you like to walk away from all of these? I grant you the military actions in Afghanstan and Iraq should end but what about South Korea?

8) Institution of a flat tax with no loop holes, write offs, breaks or credits.

Tax breaks are, if used properly, an excellent way to reward people and businesses who take a risk with their money to start a business. How would you reward those taking risks?

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Freedom ERP]

top topics

join