It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the top cap slipped off ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Just looking at the feed from Enterprise Rover 2 and it looks as though the top cap has slipped off the BOP. It's sitting at a funny angle.

live feeds

full size

[edit on 19-6-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It looks like it is still on, but it definitely looks to be tilted.

www.bp.com...

Edit: added link

[edit on 6/19/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Looking at Ocean Intervention III Rov 2 this morning the top cap is moving about all over the place. It is rotating back and forth on the BOP. That does not normally happen I don't think.

It seems to be level again with the BOP though.

Perhaps there is additional pressure causing it to move about more.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Top hat seems to be at a funny angle again

[edit on 22-6-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
They just took the top cap off

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Another view of the missing top hat.

I didnt see if they took it off or if it fell off.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What in the hell are they doing? Where did that cap go to? I was on the phone and when I came back that well was gushing without the cap. Maybe they just gave up and are going hope to spend these final days with their families.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They still have the cap, it was showing on one of the rover feeds a minute ago, but the feed has stopped.

It was just hanging on end of a line. Maybe they will ty and fix it back on, but I have been reporting recently that it has been moving about a lot more than it was at first.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ive been watching it all morning but it is hard to tell when it happened because I watch the feed with a lot of cameras. They have been pulling things here and there. Sometimes though, it seems like two are working on the same thing but you don't see them together if that made sense, so Im not sure when Im watching a "loop." The cap has been off for at least a half hour though

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Ah, I see, thanks. I caught it on one of the feeds I have been recording. Maybe they are taking it topside to polish it up and make it look pretty, paint the BP logo on it, you know, for TV.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
They just inserted a wand pumping out ALOT of dispersant into the flow. Could this be in response to losing the cap? You know, "Let's pump a ton of this stuff in to keep it out of sight".
I don't know, it just seems like a very large percentage more dispersant than I have ever seen so far.

I see now how it works, they inserted a three prong wand into the flow, the center outlet is directly in the flow dispencing the dispersant and the two others are on either side enveloping it.

They must be seriously scared of this stuff getting into view of the public. All they need to do is keep it out of sight and nobody will know. Till the oceans die from the bottom up that is. By then, they will have apologized and gotten a BAILOUT from the government and restructured and gotten their investors back.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by wirefly]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Maybe they took it topside to be modified for eventually being hooked up to that manifold thing so they can disconnect/connect when having to leave the area before mother nature moves hurricanes in the area to finish humanity off for what they have done to her.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't get what the orange fluid that is coming out is. Also, why is it seperated from the other fluid? Is it crude or does it come from an insertion port in the BOP? Not likely that it is artificial I'm sure, but I just can't for the life of me figure out why it hasn't mixed with the rest of the fluid in the 30,000 feet that it traveled from the resivoir.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
And I don't know what this view is telling us. Anyone know ?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the screen captures. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. For some reason I can never access BP cameras unless I am using a windows operating system...even though I have turned off all programs in Firefox and Ubuntu that prevent popups, scripts etc. I really don't want to fire up the desktop...please keep the screen shots and videos coming.

Something has obviously happened and the news black out is unconscionable. Kudos to all ATS members for doing some eyewitness reporting.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It is being discussed actively here.

This Thread

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Yeah, I think we are all looking at both threads. This one has more screen captures so please don't ask that this one be shut down. Both threads should stay up...all these screen captures could be important archival material.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Yes well with all due respect I have been reporting on the unstable top cap for a few days now. The other thread only started when the thing fell off.

But if mods want to close my thread go ahead.

or merge it

[edit on 23-6-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Whatever it is they are now pumping green stuff though it

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Yes well with all due respect I have been reporting on the unstable top cap for a few days now. The other thread only started when the thing fell off.

But if mods want to close my thread go ahead.

or merge it

[edit on 23-6-2010 by bigyin]

I saw that, and am not asking for the thread to be closed, merely stating that there is a lot of activity on the other thread. Who knows why these things happen.

Figured, if you wanted more news, you could go there.

Blessings.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join