It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soon we will all forget about this oil spill...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I highly doubt any of us will soon be forgetting about any of this. On April 2nd I tried to warn some here about what is to come (LINK):

WW3 is the war we are now raging between the humans of Earth and GAIA, mother nature, and she is going to kick our collective asses for our crimes against nature. I myself have no doubt what so ever that this too will come to be, as everything else already has.

Btw the above was moved/buried in the BTS section because nobody wanted to BELIEVE IT!

And there's links going back 8 years ago of mine trying to warn these humans on Earth of this impending doom .. doomed by nature for their crimes against nature.

Anyone still believe this ain't possible, ain't gonna happen?

Believe it, it's going to happen, I've seen it already.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
911 discussions have diminished granted, but we will never forget.

Guess what, this is what I am talking about. I would have no way of knowing whether or not people forget things except by perceiving what they discuss on a collective basis. If they don't discuss something en masse, one can assume the thing is out of their collective conscious. Also, my use of the word forget can be expanded to mean caring. Thus, if we don't care about something - such as posting about 9/11 conspiracies - we have "forgot" about such a thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I really think that if we all step back and take a look at where I am going with this, we can see that I am correct. I know, however, that I made this post when this oil spill event is still very new and ongoing, so, I am sure, this is why some of you are against me on this one. If I made a post, for example, two months after 9/11 saying that we would soon stop talking about 9/11 on a massive scale, no one would surely believe me! However, that is exactly what occurred, and I am sure it's going to happen with this topic.

In fact, if we stopped talking about events like 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina, where many people actually died, I am sure that we will stop talking about this oil spill - an event that caused no human casualties, except for maybe the people on the rig at the time of the explosion.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

In fact, if we stopped talking about events like 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina, where many people actually died, I am sure that we will stop talking about this oil spill - an event that caused no human casualties, except for maybe the people on the rig at the time of the explosion.

I agree that Katrina has faded into the past but not 9/11.

Look at the dates on the 9/11 threads. Still looks to be a hot topic to me and how many years has it been since 9/11?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know it must be uncomfortable for you to look at the reality of what this "spill" may bring but a preemptive attempt at downplaying it; serves no one except BP.

And FYI, I'm not against you on this thread; I just think you are wrong.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

Your right this isnt the first time this happened in the gulf. People have all ready forgotten the worst spill in the gulf of mexico.

There are strong parallels between the two spills. Like the Deepwater Horizon spill, the Ixtoc 1 spill on June 3, 1979, involved the failure of a blowout preventer device, a kind of emergency shutoff valve. In both cases, metal domes put over the well failed to stop the leaks. And in both cases, crews turned to something called relief wells dug horizontally through the seafloor to stop the spills, a technique that can take months. The Ixtoc I was an exploratory well being drilled in 160 feet of water about 60 miles northwest of Ciudad del Carmen on Mexico's Gulf coast. By comparison, the Deepwater Horizon well is 5,000 feet deep. The Ixtoc 1 well was owned by Petroleos Mexicanos, Mexico's state oil company, known as Pemex. But it was being drilled by Sedco, a predecessor to Transocean, owner of the Deepwater Horizon rig.

In Mexico, Gulf oil spill draws parallels to worst case ever

So all the panicking end of the world stuff is kinda silly. Ive looked into it and it took 2 yrs for nature to repair the damage but it did. The earth is alot more resilient then we give it credit. So my prediction 3 years from now nothing but a footnote in history found on a google search and people will say oh yeah i remember that.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I agree that Katrina has faded into the past but not 9/11.

At least we agree on one thing!

Look at the dates on the 9/11 threads. Still looks to be a hot topic to me and how many years has it been since 9/11?

I'll have to agree that it's still being talked about, but it's definitely not being talked about as it was years ago. The 9/11 forum is still on the "OUR TOP FORUMS" list (it's number 5), which can be seen on the homepage of ATS. I wonder, though, how this particular list is crated, anyway.

Also, the 9/11 forum does not make it onto the "Popular AboveTopSecret.com Topical Forums" list, which lists the top 20 forums in terms of amount of discussion. In short, yes, there may be discussions still going on about 9/11 - it's hard to believe that there wouldn't be any at all - but the intensity at which the discussions are going on is far less than in the past.

And FYI, I'm not against you on this thread; I just think you are wrong.

I have to respect that!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not those of us that live on the coast

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm not the only one:

Most People Don't Care.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This forum is now only number 5 on the "HOTTEST FORUMS" list. Sure, this can change, but are people forgetting already!?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
I highly doubt any of us will soon be forgetting about any of this. On April 2nd I tried to warn some here about what is to come (LINK):

WW3 is the war we are now raging between the humans of Earth and GAIA, mother nature, and she is going to kick our collective asses for our crimes against nature. I myself have no doubt what so ever that this too will come to be, as everything else already has.

Btw the above was moved/buried in the BTS section because nobody wanted to BELIEVE IT!

And there's links going back 8 years ago of mine trying to warn these humans on Earth of this impending doom .. doomed by nature for their crimes against nature.

Anyone still believe this ain't possible, ain't gonna happen?

Believe it, it's going to happen, I've seen it already.

alright, nobody wants to reply to this clown. so i will. what are you pretending to know?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join