It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mother Deer Protecting Her Fawn from a Cat and Dog

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I'm glad your cat and the dog are okay.

Wow, didn't know female deers could be so aggressive.

Showing the video is a real service because we all have to be reminded that wild animals are that, wild and while they may look cute - it's best to respect their space.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
that would be considered a "racing incident" in formula one...

sometimes s**t just happens...i hope the poor doggie gets well soon...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeedBump

A star for your post.

While I really feel sorry for the cat and the dog, many people think that because they live further out, in more rural areas they can let their animals wander.

This is really not a good idea, so many horrible things can happen to dogs and cats that are left to roam unleashed.

Our animal companions depend on us humans using our judgement to keep them safe.

When they are left to their own judgement, this kind of thing can happen.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
I had a pretty good laugh when the by-stander (can animals be called that??) got pummeled. The dog did nothing to provoke the deer.

For those a bit on the unknowing side, the domesticated dog is a member of the genus Canis, as are wolves and coyotes which are natural enemies of the deer family. To a deer that is provocation enough to attack. It's generally called self preservation.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow, the dog really didn't do ANYTHING. It looked like it was minding its own business and facing the other direction. The cat on the other hand, was awesome and hilarious. It looked like the deer was curious about that cat, until the cat slapped her, lol. I swear those last 20 seconds are golden.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Lol that was a great laugh. I hope the gentleman is alright but you guys gotta admit though, that was a one way fight.

Even though he had the rifle, the buck punched him out.

I thought it was interesting that the deer never used its antlers. It only used its hooves.

I wonder why?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

That poor dog got a bambi beat down! poor thing, innocent bystander got whooped.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Dang yeah, the cat posed no threat to the faun, and the mother knew it.

The funny thing is, the body language and actions the cat was doing to the faun when it was near the car tire is more or less a confused kill responce (the deep nuzzling around the neck and ears). Ive seen my own cats do it to one another, and they also do it with a rabbits tail I have, they nuzzle it and sort of appear to want to bite it but dont. The faun must have smelt enticing or the cat was having a mental flash back to his lion like savanna ancestors
but overall id say its old feline curiosity mixed with some regressed hunting responces.

Poor dog though, but it was a real threat and the mother was justified.

Didnt realise deers could drop kick with their hind (ooo a pun) legs.

Edit:- Whoops, didnt see the bit with the cat getting attacked, ouch... then again the cat did slap the deer on the nose, if it backed off slowly it would have been (mostly) fine id have guessed. Or the mother was in adrenaline mode by that point.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Makes me feel like going hunting.

Seriously, that dog wasn't doing anything but chilling out watching the show, presenting no danger to the doe or Bambi.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

I agree, what kind of people in the first place let their animals roam around freely, and in the second place, dont have the good common sense to keep their PREDATORS away from a baby PREY animal when its big momma comes on the scene?

Dont these yahoos watch nature shows?

Sheesh. Poor dog. He/she only got it worse because he looked to the momma deer like a real threat, (predators she was familiar with) and the cat who was being much more pesky got away with it because the deer was less familiar with it as a predator.

But those pet owners need to be slapped. Or fined. For stupidity.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Dont blame the deer. She cant tell that dog from a coyote or wolf. Blame the people standing around letting their pets get close to a baby animal with a mother big enough to hurt them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join