It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napolitano: Internet Monitoring Needed to Fight Homegrown Terrorism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This is getting sicker by the minute.

As terrorists increasingly recruit U.S. citizens, the government needs to constantly balance Americans' civil rights and privacy with the need to keep people safe, said Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

This just says it all to me....The article says as "terrorists increasingly recruit U.S citizens"

No wonder the gov needs to clamp down on you lot in the States. Your all so vulnerable to becoming terrorists cos you believe anything. You are your own destroyers. I reckon the US gov knows its own citizen are likely candidates for becoming homegrown terrorists so every other country should beware...US citizen may not be as wholesome and preppy as we are led to believe.

I wonder how long before the world says US CITIZENS = Terrorists

[edit on 19-6-2010 by C11H17N2NaO2S]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The obama administration, is a full blown disaster, they are just like bush, and don't care about the constitution

i wish george washington and thomas jefferson were alive to see this garbage

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ha ha.. You know, things like this make me laugh... I know im not American but,

How about Internet monitering to know what our Goverments are up too?

- To protect our human rights.

- To know the truth.

etc..

Another excuse to pass more legislative abuse in the name of Terrorism... And if it works well in one country, it'll spread quicker than Swine Flu.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Looks like Blackjack is coming true with that homegrown terrorism part :/

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I couldn't agree with her more! We need a form of internet police or internet security. Many lives are being spread and more lives are being ruined than ever with the influx of internet rumors.

Wake up to the truth!

Alot of you on this thread seem to be....

Obeying Ignorance and Defying Familiarity

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

God damn.. I really hoped with Democrats in office we would stop hearing "terrrrist this, terrrrrist that, them terrrrrist is comin ta getcha!"

Such BS .. This woman can go screw her self, and take her fascist ideologies with her.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The internet comprises nothing but communication from individual to
individual. There exists no plausible threat from terrorists other than
their use of the internet to coordinate/communicate.

IF a threat to infra-structure via the internet is possible, simply take
them offline. The power grid, sensitive government operations, and
the like, should already be offline.

The only threat that exists is the censorship of the free-flow of
information.

And to those who fear their children may be exposed to sex or violence
via the internet, I say, become a PARENT, and act accordingly. Don't
shoo the messenger but children grow up...sex, violence, alternative
viewpoints are things they will all be exposed to in due time anyway,
so suck it up and take an active role in parenting your children. Censor
what they have access to until you believe they are old enough
to handle it...and leave me alone to access whatever I wish.

The only folks who are threatened by a free-flow of information
are those who are in power doing harm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just another reason being put up to monitor us
. "Do you know why you can't find home growth terrorists you've been talking about ?" Because they are f-ing behind you.
" Excuse my thinking out loud, folks.

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Internet is the only medium of unregulated information that is available for exploration. Besides couple of countries like China and Iran who regulate the flow of information on the web, internet is mostly free. NWO knows this and they very well know that unregulated information flow could slowly break their matrix of illusion. Already, many people are questioning the propaganda that is spewed out by the MSM. TPTB's next important goal is the implementation of the Great American Cyber Firewall.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes
reply to post by xEphon

.......You don't need those pesky things.......

I agree 100%! They can have every last one of my civil liberties; I do not need them.
...Because I have inalienable Rights. Never forget: Civil Liberties are granted by permission, and can easily be taken away. Inalienable Rights, on the other hand, have to be given away.

Maybe if more people got this message, we really could stop the "terrorists"....

Could you clarify your opinion for me. I'm not sure (I hope) I understand
what you mean vis-a-vis liberties and rights, thx.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
makes me wonder... what American citizens were recruited?

have we had any real terrorist attacks lately?

really? is this claim bunk, or they think that the right wingers are the terrorists now?

They wonder why there is slight dissent going on in this country. its idiots like him that are trying to paint AMERICAN CITIZENS as terrorists!

this is total garbage with no proof, or evidence that Americans are being recruited... just their fear that the people will rise up against them.

soiling your pants much MR. Nepolitanto?

What if the whole charade that is currently going on is a precursor to the implementation of TPTB's main agenda?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
They are slowly trying to inch their way into our lives. The timing is interesting with the oil gusher too. Let me explain what they are doing. They will continue this rhetoric because it is extreme. Then they will act as if there was to much push back and pass something else that will take another small part of our freedom. By espousing the extreme, the public will be more apt to accept the less extreme. They can use this to gauge what the public is willing to accept. If they get a lot of kick back they will choose something smaller. If there is not a lot of kick back they will push this exact thing. Google Overton Window and read what it is. No, Glenn Beck didn't invent this, but I just finished the book about an hour ago and it is a good fiction book.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Another LIE by Napolitanobutt! They already got ECHELON which monitors ALL Phone Calls and Email. If they've had this for as long as has been suspected there's no telling what else they are monitoring. They could very well be watching me type this message.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Hmmm. How about you let AMERICANS decide what they want instead of making these decisions for us. What a sack of idiotic blubber. I'm tired of our politicians tell us what is best for us.

You know what, let me own a gun, and the homegrown terrorists won't be a problem. If I find out they are going to try to kill me or my fellow Americans, I'll blow their brains out. Problem solved!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
This is getting sicker by the minute.

Fighting homegrown terrorism by monitoring Internet communications is a civil liberties trade-off the U.S. government must make to beef up national security, the nation's homeland security chief said Friday.

As terrorists increasingly recruit U.S. citizens, the government needs to constantly balance Americans' civil rights and privacy with the need to keep people safe, said Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.

But finding that balance has become more complex as homegrown terrorists have used the Internet to reach out to extremists abroad for inspiration and training. Those contacts have spurred a recent rash of U.S.-based terror plots and incidents.

"The First Amendment protects radical opinions, but we need the legal tools to do things like monitor the recruitment of terrorists via the Internet," Napolitano told a gathering of the American Constitution Society for Law and Policy.

WHAT ABOUT YOU GO SCREW YOURSELF YOU TREASONOUS PUKE?

Back in the day, your ugly head would have a rope around it hanging from a tree branch.

You sick witch, you are lucky we are fighting your tyranny the legal way...for now. But one of these days, your actions will just piss off the wrong person and the whole armed resistance will begin. You better pray it doesn't happen or you'll end up like the french royalty after the french revolution.

We know you hate internet because it exposes the crimes you committed at Waco and the cover-up you participated in.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

I agree totally! I f the idiots did the job they are really there for , which is to advance the republic instead of false flags, war mongering, trying to oppress the populace, while lining their pockets with the sheeples hard earned money all with a false altruistic motive of really helping the downtrodden, They would NEVER ever have to worry about what is being said about them and it's not even behind their backs.Karma always gives you back what you put out. If you throw out cow patties to the people, that is exactly what you will get in return. Mankind HAS A HEART and SOUL and a MEMORY at election time. Rest in Pieces

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
What terrorists? I've only seen false flag attacks during the past few years.

Exactly. Terrorist is the new Communist. Iranian is the new Russian. Gotta have a scary bogeyman to keep the citizens "safe" from. They're really just doing it for our safety. Does anyone really buy that line anymore?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

After reading your Post , i got a warm feeling Inside . A feeling of a Kindred Spirit Speaking the Words in Public I would not Dare to .

LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC !

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I appreciate the sentiment here but I have a point of contention over the Faux News story and a couple questions. Every line attributed to a person in the story is enclosed in quotes except for this:

Fighting homegrown terrorism by monitoring Internet communications is a civil liberties trade-off the U.S. government must make to beef up national security

...and this:

the government needs to constantly balance Americans' civil rights and privacy with the need to keep people safe, said Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.

Basically she didn't say it. Faux news sure wants you to think she did though. What she did say was:

"The First Amendment protects radical opinions, but we need the legal tools to do things like monitor the recruitment of terrorists via the Internet,"

Are you saying you're ok with terrorist groups having carte blanche to recruit over the internet?

"We can significantly advance security without having a deleterious impact on individual rights in most instances. At the same time, there are situations where trade-offs are inevitable."

Now she did say "trade-offs are inevitable" but she was specifically referring to airport scanners. There is no expectation of privacy in a airport

Faux News are proven liars and have been granted the right to do so.

www.ceasespin.org...

When it was discovered that the Bush administration, pretty much, set up shop at the telecoms and mined the communication data of Americans; were you all up in arms and foaming at the mouth like you are now or did you turn a sheepishly blind eye to that offense because Bush was your guy? What about the Patriot act and the creation of the abominable TSA? Were ya all good with that? If you were with em on those then you really don't have much to say here. ...even if what was being asserted was true. Tyranny comes from the Right and the Left and often times meets somewhere in the middle.

T.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I should star every post you make for your signature line alone. When a government fears its citizens, perhaps it is time for them to take a long hard look in the mirror.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Main Entry: ter•ror•ize
Pronunciation: \ˈter-ər-ˌīz\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): ter•ror•ized; ter•ror•iz•ing
Date: 1823
1 : to fill with terror or anxiety : SCARE
2 : to coerce by threat or violence
— ter•ror•i•za•tion \ˌter-ər-ə-ˈzā-shən\ n

Hmmm, it seems we are being terrorized by threats of losing our peace loving day to day lives.
My guess would be that if the PTB took away internet access from some of these terrorists they would stop talking and start doing.
I hope the net never goes down because if it did I’m sure something bad would be afoot.
Then you will know SHTF.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join