It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower Testimony before Congressional Hearing re BP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
BP Atlantis rig plans never received proper approvals, former contractor says
via Washington Post

Sensitive plans for the BP Atlantis rig in the Gulf of Mexico never received proper BP engineering approvals, leaving the deepwater oil and gas operation at risk of disaster, a former contractor for the facility says.

"The overwhelming majority of documents and drawings had never received any engineering approval at any phase of development," Kenneth W. Abbott, who was fired in February 2009, says in testimony prepared for delivery Thursday to a House subcommittee.

Abbott reported the issue to the Interior Department and filed a lawsuit under a federal whistleblower law.

Continues at link

This gentleman's testimony is available on cspan.org via a video of his testimony. It starts at ~hour 2:05 here. He states the Atlantis is in even deeper water. Also of note is his testimony around 2:15 in specific to Deepwater Horizon.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

I've already got a post on this here

Good luck though, because no one on ATS seems to care about this for some reason...

Basically the guy SUED the U.S. for not looking at the safety drawings of either rig... with the MMS being the lead defendant, Ken Salazar is also named....

However, he has dropped it recently and made BP the defendant...

either way... there is ANOTHER RIG ABOUT TO DO THE SAME THING.... called Atlantis...

But I don't think anyone cares for some odd reason... there seems to be a gravitation toward the less factual threads and the more sensational...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

You're quite right.

Closing.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

Good luck though, because no one on ATS seems to care about this for some reason...

[...]

But I don't think anyone cares for some odd reason... there seems to be a gravitation toward the less factual threads and the more sensational...

Unfortunately, I think I agree with you on your assessment. I was quite appalled when I found grousing this morning about Mr. Hayward yachting yet those grousers didn't seem to know that Mr. Hayward had been relieved of his US duties. It was only a *huge* news item [shrug]. My personal assessment at the time was that some folk are just interested in emotional masturbation as opposed to facts. JMHO though :0

new topics

top topics

join