It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Prediction; BP Blames Disaster On One Or More Of 11 Dead Workers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
After watching Tony Hayward's testimony before congress for most of the day, I am convinced that in the end, they will attempt to blame one or more of the 11 dead BP workers for the disaster.

Tony Hayward seemed to answer almost every question posed to him by stating that it is too early to make any determinations as to what went wrong on the Deepwater Horizon due to the fact that investigations are still ongoing. Over and over again, he repeated this assertion.

Just knowing that Eric Holder is investigating the incident for any evidence of criminal wrongdoing or willful misconduct is enough to put everyone at BP into the CYA mode. After reviewing their past history regarding the Texas City refinery explosion and various other BP accidents, not to mention the numerous citations issued by OSHA, I'm pretty confident that BP officials know that attempts will be made to criminally prosecute those responsible for causing this accident.

Well, It's my belief and prediction that in the end, BP will make an attempt to place the ultimate blame for the disaster on one or more of the dead workers in order to evade prosecution themselves. If the guy that caused the disaster is already dead then there is no need for further prosecution, case closed.

IMO, this has been their plan all along. A lot like airline crashes, if the pilot survives the crash then it's more than likely that a determination will be made that a mechanical malfunction caused the crash, but if he dies, then the door has been opened to blame the crash on "pilot error." It's much easier to blame the worker when he is dead and unable to testify in his own defense.

Anyway, that's my prediction. Does anyone out there agree with me or am I just being cynical?

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Flatfish]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Lever bumper and supervisor? Do not know if they survived. Here is just one article about it, the interview was on CBS 60 mins.
www.panamacityfloridainjurylawyerblog.com...

A huge machine with roughly 260 moving parts, it had been tested onshore but not fully at the 5000' depth at which the drillers hoped it would work. And it had been damaged a couple weeks before the blowout when a worker on the Deepwater Horizon accidentally bumped a lever. A rubber part from the preventer was seen floating beside the Deepwater Horizon and was reported to a supervisor who said, "No big deal."

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CestLaVie

Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that article yet, although I had heard that the BOP had been damaged in an accident prior to the blow out.

Even though their equipment was un-tested at that depth, I'm sure that in the end, BP officials will insist that if the workers had only followed instructions, everything would be alright.

Just look at how the CEOs of BP, Halliburton and Transocean all played the blame game when they were testifying before congress.

join