It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A topic politicians won't discuss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
With todays economic problems why do politicians continue to drain state and federal coffers? Because they CAN!
What I am refering to is pensions, if a person is elected to say govenor that person is entitled to a pension, if then elected to the House or senate, thats another pension, and then if elected to president thats a third pension. There are other state and federal jobs that are entitled to the same pensions. Say one served in the military than became a cop then elected to govenor then the senate then president that would be 5 pensions.
Is it any wonder why politicians see the economic down turn different than us.
Yes, pensions are a good thing, but a person should only get one if the public is paying for it, not 3 or 4.
I can't wait to see people defend elected officials double and triple dippers as the states are going broke.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Interesting how you have 6 flags but no replies, until mine of course. I believe that is so because what are we to do about it. They are the ones who set their own laws. They give themselves raises while we get layoffs. Its a game! Let's get out of this game now!

Check my signature for details.

join