It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA vs Britian will not be 1-1 this time!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Typical US. Not concentrating on the problem at hand. Just looking for the point of litigation. and this stupid liz pennens whatever. is just pure unadulterated example of this social sickness.

No!

NOT TYPICAL U.S.!! Typical U.S. is people like me and us... Don't buy the line that Americans are like this - MOST ARE NOT.

This pisses me off - not you - but that diversive people like this paint Americans this way. I DON'T BUY IT, YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER.

[edit on 19/6/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowArcher

I just skimmed the orginal pages and have trhe original pdf on my comp.

it can be found on
Restore Ameerica plan

The claim sun is NOT 10 quadrillion dollars.

They state it as 10 Quad Trillion Dollars

I do not know if that is even a real number. But lets look at it

10 Quadrillion

th mil bil tril quad
$10,000,000,000,000,000

So what 10 Quad Trillion look like? Maybe 4 ten trillions?

$10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.00

Considering the national debt of the US is now 100% GDP. what around 7 trillion?

Once that debt is paid you will have
9,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,093,000,000,000,000.00 left to play with ( I think, this is a ridiculously large number!!!)

I do not think there is even enough money gold land oil, or beer in the world.

Silliness!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Ok Point taken, but do you not agree that the US is, like the UK is becoming a state run and controlled by frivolous law suits.

Where the is a blame there is a claim

I know for a fact that big companies will do anything to avoid a law suit.

You see all the time video of people doing crazy stuff. then crying I will sue you!!

is this just due to precedent law gone crazy??

from the other post, the point was more to do with the blame and claim culture rather than the actual people.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Not at all.. lawsuits are the RISK associated with possible REWARD...

You cannot have reward without RISK, and you can't have RISK without the potential for litigation...

Do attorneys make tons off this? Sure they do...

But I like the ability to sue the pants off of a corporation which doesnt give two shakes about how they run their operations....

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Intelhub = Is a conspiracy web-site, not really a news site.

Is the title serious?

IntelHub is a fairly new "site" (18-Mar-10) which seems to have a penchant for hyping, highly-propagandized article titles and claims with little or no substantiation whatsoever.

Their typical "disclaimer" goes something like,
"We can't nor haven't verified this, but our sources are extremely credible"

Maybe not in the same class as Sorcha Faal but give 'em time, they're working on it.

With regards this particular "article" it's not even their "story but merely sourced from a Blog.
... and we all certainly know how blogs go.

blog == opinion == * <-- yeah, one of those rose-smelling things.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What I want to see is a corporate manslaughter action against BP, Haliburton and Transocean.

The eleven workers' deaths on that rig were as a result of failings on the part of all three companies and they should be brought to book for it. I'm sure that there are man people who like the idea of suing the British Crown for this debacle, but, as someone has already pointed out, people in glass house shouldn't throw stones, and the relatives of all those (17 thousand) people who died as a result of Union Carbide's incompetence in Bhopal will be paying very close attention.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

It is for that reason that I cite that in the US and the UK and other the whole right to sue the pants of something has become so insidious, that it has lost all true meaning for the purpose of reparations for proven wrongful loss.

Or am I just completely nuts!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

well said my friend, i am sfrom scotalnd and in no way am i part of what BP has done, i am in no way on ther side, i am in no way part of the british empire, i am a human being, i am part of the human race, my country is the world and my religion is love

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

again well said my friend
americans are looked at like there all idiots which just isnt true, ther are so many actaully amazing people fomr the US. so many loving, caring people. but people not from there ( mainly the ones with there eyes held wide shut ) still see america as the big problem in the world when really that is not true, its people that are the problem, its people who arnt willing to evolve that are the problem, its people who arnt ready to accept that we are all one race.

Class,colour or creed means nothing, we all came from the same one single point and the sooner the rest of the world wakes up to this then the better and we can all move along, get along and solve that ultimate riddle. Why are we here
xx

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
So the USA are going after the UK because of what the multi national 39% American owned BP has done. Makes sense.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I do agree that our whole society has become impossibly litigious - using the legal system to regulate fairness precludes people actually having to have morality in the first place.

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
I know for a fact that big companies will do anything to avoid a law suit.

I have to disagree with this statement though. It's all based on a benefit to risk analysis. Large entitles (corporation, company, or even a person) sometimes risk having a lawsuit brought against them just because the known benefit (what they gain from doing something in terms of dollars) outweighs the potential risk (in terms of dollars) of a lawsuit payout.

Additionally, the more money an entity has, the longer they can "wait out" their opponent in a lawsuit, thereby increasing their chances of settling it in a more advantageous way to them. You hardly ever see a business entity actually going bankrupt from a lawsuit for just this reason. We never hear of probably 80% (or higher) of the lawsuits against corporations because normally the person involved agrees in the settlement to not disclose anything about the case... or else risk losing the settlement amount altogether.

Our legal framework has evolved in such a way that it favors greatly the entity that has more money to "invest" in the legal process. As entities become bigger and bigger, they become more and more immune to the effects of lawsuits. The bigger the entity, the better legal hand they have. Our legislators (mostly barristers) have seen to this.

[edit on 19/6/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilsmurf
So the USA are going after the UK because of what the multi national 39% American owned BP has done. Makes sense.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I am not sure that any Americans “went after” anyone in the UK, most here only look at BP as a corporation like any other. From my perspective the first shots in that argument came from folks in the UK after it was announced that BP was not going to be allowed to pay their dividends until the mess was cleaned up. Since BP was originally a UK company, and a lot of folks from there have invested in it or have it as part of their pension plan, it suddenly became an attack on the people of the UK that we were freezing their assets. In my opinion, it’s the same thing that would have been done to any other oil company in a similar situation. Its not folks here fault that BP is a major player in the UK economy. When you invest your money in a company, any company, you are gambling, sometimes investments turn out badly.

If there was some other direct attack on people of the UK by the American public over this situation, it must have gotten by me somewhere, so please (anyone) correct me if I am wrong.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Edit to add:
The link is now broken to the original article, which puts it further into doubt as to its authenticity.

[edit on 6/19/2010 by defcon5]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

You missed the entire point of your article. The British Crown is the principle owner of the Corporation known as the "United States" which is acting as the de facto government of our country. Most Americans are ignorant and believe it is our lawful constitutional government.

That is why Obama will not take a hard line with BP. There is a delicate balance here they want to appear as if the US is taking a hard line with BP but the fact is they are both owned by the British crown. Why do you think BP has such free rein in our coastal waters?

Of course they are not worried about someone like me putting this information out because they know most people will not believe it much less research it and just chalk it up to conspiracy non-sense, so the dog and pony show continues.

Edited to add: PS your main link is now missing

[edit on 19-6-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The funny thing is when you put all the pointy fingers, you know I am not to blame it is you, that fingers, and you would put them in the cracks in the seafloor the leak will stop and ignorance will die.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

That is an interesting point. Something that I have heard in other places also.

is there anything out there that can verify this claim, or is it all just circumstance and association.

i.e. the crown owns the rights on the land and is leasing it to a secret subsidiary that is the US Gov \

or

The belief that the crown controls the bank interests through the treasury, which is support by the Rothschilds, which in turn control the Central banks which control the US Gov. So all are guilty by association.

For example. I just did a UK company search for United Stated of America. And there is no UK registered company with that name.

There is however a United States of Europe Ltd, as founded in 1989!! strange eh?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Its conspiracy law, its highly unlikely that it would hold any real merit in a courtroom. Most of it is based on the fact that the US is considered a corporation under the UCC. Many obviously do not realize that they UCC is fairly new (1952) and varies from state to state.

en.wikipedia.org...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

I'm getting pretty sick of all this 'brit bashing' so here's a few facts to chew on.

BP has not been called 'British Petroleum' since a merger with the american company Amoco in 1998.

It's privately owned (shareholders) and has no links to the british government.

The shares are roughly 40% british private investors, 39% american investors and the other 20% or so are distributed amongst private investors around the globe.

An american company (good old halliburton) are responsible for the faulty engineering.

The purpose of this website is to deny ignorance - why is everybody jumping on this bandwagon?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Why are the media playing these games? In America they're trying to rally the people against Britain. In Britain they're trying to turn the Brits against Americans.

Both on the back of comments and views that don't exist amongst the general populous respectively.

For example, from reading the internet I discovered that in my own country there is/was outrage over America and Obamas perceived attack on Britain. Despite this outrage being absent in the real world.

Now whats funny is while the America media attack Britain and the British media go after America, ultimately, both the British and American media is owned and run by the same people!

This whole Britain Vs US crap is obviously being pushed to DISTRACT the population from the real issue. Rather than discuss the severity of the situation and come down on the greedy financial elite, you have 2 sets of countries people quarelling online about whos fault it is.

Nows not even the time to point fingers.

On the flipside I can tell you what the people of Britain are really feeling, and it's complete confusion. People here are confused as to why nothing seems to be getting done, why the government has sat back, refused international help. Most importantly the British people are confused as to why everyday Americans are sat on their bum and haven't done anything.

I think that's the general view around the world. Dismay at the lack of care America seems to have towards such a large disaster.

Rest assured if this was going on anywhere else in the world we'd be rioting in the streets.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilsmurf

That's the problem with America, they don't accept when they do wrong.

Rather than sort out this mess and show outrage towards their government for doing sweet f all so far, they sit on internet forums trying to blame Britain and our Reptilian Queen

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputnik
An american company (good old halliburton) are responsible for the faulty engineering.

Halliburton’s job was to put in cement plugs that are known to be difficult to seal correctly. They have to be properly pressure tested to make sure that they seat in and seal tightly against the walls of the hole. The pressure tests came back questionable as to how well the caps were sealed in. The correct way to handle that is to keep the drilling mud pressure on the caps, and re-cement them until the pressure tests show they are correct. The way that BP handled it was to disregard the tests, assume they sealed correctly, and demand that the drilling mud be removed against the recommendation of the Halliburton and transocean personnel.

[edit on 6/19/2010 by defcon5]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join