It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the meaning of life, everything... ALL questions answered!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lilikans

Hello lilikans,

I wont go into all the reasons for the need for astrology to go hand in hand with astronomy...but they did used to go hand in hand and they dont any more. Astrology became 'fixed' about 2000 years ago and uses fixed wheels of the positions of the stars years ago that dont match today's positions.

You are right, most astrology is very general. I am of the belief that a person should seek their stars and their birth position themselves, for what Saturn may mean to one may mean different to another, and only the deeper self within each of us can weigh and sift what things mean for us.

I look at astrology and spirituality in the same light...another person cant tell you what you are in need of understanding, they both should be personal paths of seeking. If someone was going to seek the cosmos for a deeper understanding, I would advise them to use astronomy to know the true positions for astrology positions are out of date. Hence my ATS name...I grew up being told I was a Virgo....when I sought things out for myself, I found out the sun rose in Leo on my birthday. The day I found this out, Saturn was conjunction Regulus, the heart of the Lion (Leo)....and it just did not feel like any happenstance that I discovered this during that conjunction.

Sorry for the rambles....we all have certain things that just stick out as important to us, this is one of mine.

I really believe whole heartedly in seeking within, following our hearts. That can be hard for some, but it could also be its hard because they just arent ready to do it.

All my best
LV

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Hello! I agree very much that you should follow your heart and intuition tell you. This in part actually goes along with what my husband believes is his enlightenment. It is based on following your heart and intuition as opposed to your mind. I won a schollarship and was accepted to FIT (fashion institute of technology) when I was 17, but was told that I was following an empty dream. I was always told that art was a way to vent, to express myself, not to succeed in life. I made a prom dress out of duct tape for someone I went to school with, it cost me $7 to make it, I was paid $350 for it. I have actually made money off of a number of different things I have created, yet because I had it in my head that it was a broken path I never followed my intuition because in my mind it was wrong. I'm 22 years old, art has been my passion for as long as I can remember, but it wasn't until this morning that I realized what my intuition was telling me all along, I am meant to give messages through my art, which is what I believe art stems from. His theory of enlightenment is based on listening to yourself and realizing your purpose. No, not everyone is going to get their purpose off the website, especially if they're close minded. It's the people who are willing to open their minds to infinite possibility who are going to be able to realize it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Speaking of art, i made these a while ago like 3 months ago and i needed to show them.

Here are some optics art (picture after picture) about some stories i made up:

-Light and dark born in water

-Creator at work

-Electromagnetism and tree of life

-Night and Day w/ man in middle

-The world is a chess game

-Death and the machine

-Love or war

-Man and life

-Brain cell and Universe

There were more but i dunno where they went....

i hope you guys enjoy

-Eye Lands

-Atom/Adam

-Lilith (adam's first wife aka folklore) and the lion w/ broken mirror

-Moon and colors

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Hi Luciddreamer! I can actually answer your question about lucid dreaming I believe. When I was younger I used to have horrific dreams that literally would cause me to distruct myself based on what was happening in my dream (i.e. If I got shot in the stomach in my dream,I would wake up bleeding from my stomach). They tried to medicate me to make them go away, which it worked, but in turn also made me numb. I ended up seeing someone who helped me learn how to lucid dream, and how to control not only myself but the other people in my dreams as well.

When you go into a state of REM sleep, which is the deepest level of your sleep, your conscious mind literally shuts down, and your subconscious takes over; this is what causes you to dream. In order for you to be able to lucid dream you need to have control of your conscious mind, make yourself aware that you are going to be sleeping and that anything that happens in that time is only a dream. The control you have over your conscious mind is important, because the better control you have over it, the better control you'll have over your subconscious. In order to lucid dream it is necessary for you to realize that it is a dream on a subconscious level. Most people lucid dream on accident. Their subconscious for one reason or another associates something in the dream with reality which in turn makes you aware that this is not real and you then are able to control what happens on some level. Weather that control is just thinking something and making it happen on accident, or having a set goal in mind and making it happen on purpose is based on the control you have over your mind.

His theory doesn't have much to do with how the human mind works, but rather how your mind overpowers your intuition. I find it highly probable that if you are able to listen to your intuition rather than your mind, and have this sort of enlightenment that he is speaking of, then everyone will be able to lucid dream. I come to this theory souly based on the fact that people can lucid dream on accident, or without even knowing how they got to that point.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Actually when we sleep we are unconsciousness.
There are 3 instances of psychic that scientists agree on: -consciousness
-subconsciousness
-unconsciousness
But I say there is 1 more: -superconsciousness (or the higher self)

-consciousness: deals with every day life...
-subconsciousness: Not wholly conscious; partially or imperfectly conscious; a repository for socially unacceptable ideas, wishes or desires, traumatic memories, and painful emotions put out of mind by the mechanism of psychological repression
-unconsciousness:deals with coma; sleeping, dreaming

The anchor= psychic content with which we can associate different unconsciousness contents so that we become conscious.

Interesting fact: an experiment has been made, where some subjects were woke up just as they entered the REM (rapid eye movement) state, which is the most deep state of the sleep, and in here the dreams occur. When the subjects were waked up, for several minutes they were paralyzed, they could not even move a finger. It is just like they left their body and by waking them earlier than supposed, they hadn't enough time to reach their body again. 1 more thing, prior to going to sleep, the subjects were asked to dream of going to distant planets....

There are so many things to say about dreaming/sleeping, pineal gland;epiphysis;melatonin, their connection with the third eye and different cultures that talk about this things long time before Jesus....if you want additional info, send me a U2U.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad
Greetings and well met.

this is my first thread, but I don't plan on it being my last.

in the past 11+ hours I have been comprehending how to present what I have to say to you all, for I have expierienced instantaneous conscious evolution early this morning and I have rediscovered my purpose in life.

I will be creating a new thread in the next couple of days, but for now I just wanted to say hello...

I hope to help you all experience the same awakening I have had and hopefully counteract the many, many, MANY generations worth of submission we've been forced into for hundreds of years. I will hopefully be able to answer ALL your questions, including the meaning of life. (it does get deep) I want to help you lose your mind for the betterment of all.

as a whole our conscious evolution has methodically and intentionally been denied us. I can help you become aware of this

for now, love and conscious thoughts to you all

I'll be talking with you soon.

If there's reincarnation, how come we don't remember our past lives? Doesn't that contradict the very idea of reincarnation?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by undesirableusername

Dude, read what i said of unconsciousness. look ^ (up)

Unconsciousness contains the information that you are not conscious about (its simple logic), but there is a way to bring unconsciousness data to consciousness and one of this ways/methods is to be hypnotised.
So your past life information is stored in the unconsciousness.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by xspinx]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hello Kalisdad my earlier comment was not supposed to be offensive just funny, anyway I would like to apologise for that, obviously I won't repeat the comment. Rest assured it did not contain any foul language or threats or anything nasty like that.
lol

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
*post deleted*

[edit on 20-6-2010 by lilikans]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Hello Kalisdad my earlier comment was not supposed to be offensive just funny, anyway I would like to apologise for that, obviously I won't repeat the comment. Rest assured it did not contain any foul language or threats or anything nasty like that.
lol

no offense taken

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Hello undersireable

The mysteries are always mysteries, in the body complex...we can only ponder deeply for why things are.

My mother had a NDE a couple of years ago...she looked at her life and saw all things that she did. She had to stand up for all things she thought, believed in, and had done. Literally, she stood before the people that she crossed paths with in her life. Some of this made her sad, but she seemed to be ok with it, the Spirits with her showed her comfort and nurture while viewing her life. No one was 'judging her'....it seemed as if they knew that the 'divine eye' she was looking through, would show her a balance of what was still needed for her and what she had learned. She looked at me in one moment of awaking and said..'how did I forget all of this, Im relearning things I once knew'. BTW....my mother when she had this experience, did not believe in reincarnation...she was a devout christian who swore we only had one chance at life.

My take is there seems to be a deep pure inner nature we all have. Sometimes our body complex covers this inner nature and blocks its purity.

At one moment in her experience (it lasted 9 hours) she came upon a tree that she felt that if she would of laid down in it (for it looked so comfortable to her) that she would of reincarnated. She also said she felt as if her mother had needed another chance at learning and that she was reincarnated, but yet, her mother still had a 'body' there in this place of 'in between'. How could she be in 2 places at once? I think there is truly a higher self...and the higher self does know all what we are in need of. The higher self may also have a choice of incarnating into a certain family environment, a certain culture, ect....to help in what that soul/spirit is in need of. Some say, the day we are born and family we are born unto, is our choice, and we make this choice having much to do with what we are in need of. Some say, the actual placements of the cosmos at our birth our like a nature cosmic print, all of us each having our own, to guide us.

I think that we each carry with us a certain vibration that is very in tune for what we have learned, and what we have not. If we pay attention to the opportunities that come our way, and look back and life and see what opportunities we have had trouble with, what we dont like to accept, what we dont like to work on....we can find what we are in need of.

If we have all the answer laying before us in a absolute form all the time...then we dont learn to seek, figure, sift, weigh, and measure...with our inner being. We must learn to work the formula, not just be given the answer to the formula. We must have understanding and to just be given answers (or to just know) kinda defeats the gaining understanding part.

Our inner being is has alot to do with our 'growth'.....for our body complex is not what makes us who we really are. If we just 'knew' what we were in need of while in the body complex, we would not use our inner being like we need to. Its more honest if you do something because you have understanding that it is good.

Just thoughts!
LV

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
deleted this post

[edit on 20-6-2010 by lilikans]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm actually quite upset at this point...

I've been relocated to BTS 8(

and here is why I am disappointed

I chose my thread title and forum very carefully

the mods told me I was moved because my thread was just 'chit chat subject'

now lets see...

philosophy -

'Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems concerning matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language'

en.wikipedia.org...

metaphysics -

'Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy that investigates principles of reality transcending those of any particular science.'

en.wikipedia.org...

now, neither of these subjects has any basis in our physical world...

the only way to express the topics is by discussion... back and forth banter, chit chat...

also feel that what I was saying and bringing to peoples attention was of a highly important matter and that people were responding... it was a hot topic for a couple hours

that was when I got moved

from the moment they moved me from ATS to BTS the people responding and interacting dropped completely (135 posts in 4 hours, to 4 posts in the following 14 hours)

this goes directly into what I said in my posts about power and law

we've been repressed so long, that we are not even consciously aware that we are in that state of mind

despite that I claim to have had an evolutionary leap of consciousness, and that I could explain anything with it, and that people were seeing it, the power ignored their ethics and forced their law on me. and subsequently buried my thread on a site that gets 1/20th of the attention that the original site got.

I'm probably not going to be posting my theories on this website 8(

too bad, there were quite a few members that I wanted input from

but what would be the point?

u2u if you'd like

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
lol

no offense taken

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think the reason this happened is because you kept saying you had substance to show and share, to show how you came to dates ect....but you kept saying in your thread...Ill get to it (or make another thread).

So get your 'backup' and 'foundation' of your points together, organize them, and present your ideas in a structures manner. Not just a thread that says, ask a question, Ill give you a answer. There was several times your answers could not be offered. You stated yourself that this was not the thread you meant to do all of that it.

Ive hd threads moved, many of us have. Hope that doesnt get you down too much.

Not saying I had any issues with how you presented the conversation here....but it did end up being more chit chat then anything else. No offense.

Make sure when you are talking, you are logged in under your name, instead of your wife's. That could cause alot of confusion if you are serious about making some particular points yourself in a future thread.

Many people have made threads about 'having the answers'...you have yet to show this to everyone and you kinda seemed to 'drag it all out' as well. No offense!! Just present your ideas and info upfront....no one wants to read pages and pages on end to find your points.

All my best
LV

[edit on 20-6-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

some people do remember.

reincarnation explains alot of things.

all ghosts and spirits
soul mates
deja vu(life repeats cycles)
peoples unexplained fascination with things they've never experienced

most children are in touch with there past lives, but the experiences of this life push those memories into the subconsiousness

reluctant-messenger.com...
www.proofofreincarnation.com...

I added the 2nd link to point out that I have also questioned what is being said about both quantum physics and cosmology for a few years

they is just too much contradiction

from there, I started questioning the theories of the 20th century. what makes them any more accurate that the theories they disproved?

something was wrong there

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad
I'm actually quite upset at this point...

I've been relocated to BTS 8(

and here is why I am disappointed

I chose my thread title and forum very carefully

the mods told me I was moved because my thread was just 'chit chat subject'

now lets see...

philosophy -

'Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems concerning matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language'

en.wikipedia.org...

metaphysics -

'Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy that investigates principles of reality transcending those of any particular science.'

en.wikipedia.org...

now, neither of these subjects has any basis in our physical world...

the only way to express the topics is by discussion... back and forth banter, chit chat...

also feel that what I was saying and bringing to peoples attention was of a highly important matter and that people were responding... it was a hot topic for a couple hours

that was when I got moved

from the moment they moved me from ATS to BTS the people responding and interacting dropped completely (135 posts in 4 hours, to 4 posts in the following 14 hours)

this goes directly into what I said in my posts about power and law

we've been repressed so long, that we are not even consciously aware that we are in that state of mind

despite that I claim to have had an evolutionary leap of consciousness, and that I could explain anything with it, and that people were seeing it, the power ignored their ethics and forced their law on me. and subsequently buried my thread on a site that gets 1/20th of the attention that the original site got.

I'm probably not going to be posting my theories on this website 8(

too bad, there were quite a few members that I wanted input from

but what would be the point?

u2u if you'd like

You may not send private messages to anyone
but ATS Staff until you have more than 20 posts..... can you U2U me?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Also I want to say....you can try other forums...you will not find one as good as ATS. Some forums let you posts what ever you want, but these forums also let people name call, badger, and act like idiots, wasting time and space.

ATS tries to keep threads organized and desires substance in their threads, especially the opening posts. There have been many people that start a user-name here, start a thread saying they have the answers...and the thread gets stretch out into many many pages, with still no concrete evidence or foundation of thought, for answers.

This was one of the reasons I was asking you very specific questions, right away, for I have to wonder, if someone is wasting time.

Personal revelations is something anyone can have....actually claiming that we are 5 years over due and that there is a schedule we are on....is another.

ATS is the best place, I have tried out others.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

yeah, I need to pay more attention to who is logged in when I post...

as far as the chit chat goes, you are right, but it was a forum, philosophy and matephysics, that I was posting in...

there is no physical basis for those subjects, anything any has ever been said about the subjects is pure conjecture... there is no source except for our intuition.

if they won't allow open dialog in that forum, it should be removed from the ATS site and reserved for BTS

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

But you dragged out your points...and still have yet to make them showing how you conclude what you do. You should have made a thread and presented all your information up front. Im sorry but people dont want to go through pages and pages trying to find your points. That is only fair to the many here that dont have time to do that. Make your point up front with reasons, conclusions, what let you to your conclusions. You made some very specific statements, without and substance to them.

You have to understand...ATS gets this ALOT...especially with 'new users'.

All I can say is, prove yourself, make a thread with substance, up front. Dont drag us all along throughout many pages....dont say you have links to show us but then not offer us the links.

Im only being honest, and mean no ill intent.

Have you been a reader on ATS long? If so, then you would know, ATS has alot of posters that try to start threads claiming things in the title...and then the thread drags on and on only with general answers without any real substance.

You seem very honest, sincere, and both you and your wife seem very humble. I hope you can understand...and give it another try.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join