It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring Networking To ATS!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hi All,

I have just had an idea, and I am sure it has been suggested before.

Let's bring network's to ATS. At the present time problems get raised over and over but there is no real way for any action to take place. I am sure the founder's of ATS created the site with the intention of getting the word out and getting people to deny ignorance when something doesnt feel right.
If we create networks within ATS where someone can be invited/cast out of a person we will have lots of pockets of like minded individuals form. Now I understand ATS could be concerned by this - but you are not encouraging people to have a particular point of view just providing a way for them to voice it and then... network with others of similar mindset - it is completely up to them if they use that network to take real world action such as protesting. You could simply set rules such as those currently inplace regarding what can and can not be discussed.

What do you guys think?

Mod Edit - All Caps Title.

[edit on Sat, 19 Jun 2010 17:51:26 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If I'm not mistaken this is something that is in the works. Skeptic Overlord was asking about a facebook type deal based here on ATS. From the general consensus I believe that they are going to try and set it up. Try running a search for "conspiracybook"

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
In general, the members of ATS are of the Tin-Hat variety. This means they are already skeptical of the government and others that may be able to access their information.

As soon as networking happens, privacy is gone, post a picture of yourself eating a burrito. Talk about your town... add everything together and you can be identified.

ATS is a privacy/anon website. I don't even think i had to give an email to get a membership here. Plus i am free to talk about things on here i may never share with other people. Not many of my friends and family at all know about my TinHat wearing, they don't need to know and i don't want them to know.

I am not sure if ATS and networking mix. I do know that SkepticOverlord mentioned an idea for conspiracybook but i don't think it will work if combined with ATS. As for something COMPLETELY separate... as in a facebook clone with better security that would be ok... but i can assure you... i will try as hard as possible to ensure that SilentShadow remains anonymous.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

I agree. I don't even go on Facebook or Myspace (anymore). Way to many whackos out there.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

I agree. I don't even go on Facebook or Myspace (anymore). Way to many whackos out there.

Yea, and we would never have that problem here.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Completely agree with your point of view and respect it 100%... I was the same! Now I openly broadcast myself and my opinions and tell the oposition to bring it on. Not because I am not afraid, simply because I am more afraid of what will happen if I don't speak up.

Now that I want to speak up I am finding it very hard to find any real way to take action, or easily find people of similar mindset.

I think a system where you can remain annonomous or be in a group if you want to show others your opinions would be ideal.
Thanks for the replys

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

I think it would cause more harm than good to ATS in the long run if they implemented things that allowed "in groups" and "out groups" to form.

Human beings have a tendency to insulate themselves from ideas that challenge their own, and so it would hinder the denial of ignorance.

Also, it is always intimidating for a new member to jump on a board with a strong group of "insiders" who have the power to exclude newcomers, and imho, this would limit the number of new members we would attract.

Being able to comment on things you disagree with is as important as being able to comment on things you agree with. Its what makes ATS great. I think encouraging cliquishness would be a mistake.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Another good point! We don't want to 'encourage ignorance' but sureley we can find a happy medium so that ATS can give people the power to change the world... not just dream about it.

Edit to add: Maybe as a 'sister site' like below top secret. That way preserve ATS.

I would be more than happy to devote my time and PHP skills to such a system.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by byteshertz]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
ATS should always remain as an annonymous site. It is only through annonimity does one freely expresses themselves.

Good or bad, posts would be either challenged or ignored. And through it all would we will learn much.

And from such exchanges, we can pretty much expect the same in the real world when we discuss and debate with our families, relatives and friends, where real change will come from, but this time, we would be better prepared to counter similar challenges, and help change minds or be changed, so long as we remember always to harm and hurt no human in the process directly or indirectly.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

This forums should be used to post questions regarding site policies and respond to announcements from ownership. This is not a place to post complaints.

For further comments and/or complaints, use the ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

You may also add suggestions to the ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Or add an ATS issue to ATS Issues Thread

new topics

top topics

join