It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Kill Father-to-Be in Botched Marijuana Raid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So, lets look at this:

In the UK:

Possession of Cannabis / Marijuana for personal consumption will get you a caution from a stern faced police officer.
Possession with intent to supply the above will likely get you a big fine, community service and, depending on amount, a short stint in the pokey.

In the US:

Possession of Cannabis / Marijuana for personal use will get your door kicked in by a SWAT team, your pets shot in front of the kids and, in the likely event of you making a "furtive movement", a trip to the morgue, a widow and orphans.
Possession with intent to supply the above will likely get you a multi-agency assault with multiple SWAT teams, armoured cars, news crews etc.... and again, if they don't shoot you, you'll probably get multiple life sentences in pokey. Oh, and they may seize your house, car, money and turf your family out on the street too.

Is it just me or is there something very wrong with this picture?

The US response to a harmless plant goes way beyond excessive, and the fact that ordinary people are getting shot in their homes over it makes it even more despicable.

Yes, it's illegal, I understand that, but the excessive force used is just not justified.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Some guy with digital scales is not a big time dealer. Lol this is just sad.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I don't cry when the police die, cause they probably deserved it.
Run around with a badge & a gun & they god damn f#ck with everyone.
Enforce rules made by fools, violence and fear their tools.
They dress to oppress, with their laws they arrest & they leave us powerless.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
your government will never legalise it and why ? , because the oil companies , paper manufacturing companies , the steel industries and the big pharma companies that control the american government will not allow it.
hemp can be used to make oil , no more polution from rigs.
hemp can be used to make paper that does not yellow with age ,save the trees.
hemp can be used in the manufacture of car bodies that is even harder than steel ones , see henry ford.
hemp can be used for pain relief and as a muscle relaxant ,no need for high priced pharma drugs .
hemp can be used for the manufacture of textile that are hard wearing.
and to top it all off it is a weed and easy to grow .
this stupid law against hemp is just the same as the alcohol prohibition in the twenties and we all know just what happened there , it made al capone a very rich man .

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I was once pulled over for not wearing my seatbelt. I was in a car I had just the day before picked up at a dealership. On my way to school that morning, I ate a poptart (the kind with sprinkles on it).

When the cop pulled me over, I had no tag, no insurance and no seatbelt on. He ordered me out of the car and looked in as I got out. He didnt care that I had dealership paperwork showing that I was on a test drive for 3 days (tag and insurance were covered by that piece of paper). He handcuffed me and put me in the backseat of his car and started searching my car. He came back and asked me where the drugs were.

"Huh? What drugs? I dont use drugs"
"There are pot seeds in the floorboard, where are the drugs? If I have to find them myself, its going to be worse for you."

I started laughing and told him to search and test anything he wanted to. I hoped the bafoon would test a sugar crystal in a marijuana kit, just so I could laugh in his face.

Thats how bad it can be around here. I didnt get shot, but I did have to pay for the seatbelt violation (judge tossed the rest because of my paperwork that the officer would not even look at or accept).\

As to the OP, there are far too many brainwashed thugs wearing badges of authority and licensed to carry weapons of deadly force. They should be rooted out so that the real peace officers can get back to protect and serve.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Everyone in this thread who is upset over this, and believes that we should have legalized/decriminalized pot, do something about it. It is this way because We The People keep voting it to be this way.

Yes, this is silly. It sucks. Just about everyone has done it, most would do it again if it weren't illegal (at least occasionally). Yet every time a vote comes up on the issue, it is voted down.

Get out and do something. That is the only thing that is going to change it. Keep trying to explain to people, showing these examples.

Otherwise, we have the nation that our votes apparently have created.

Along those same lines....quit encouraging stupid people to vote. If we get another Obama in office I am going to take my chances in Mexico. Bush sucked, but jeez....did we have to over react so badly? I mean, look at the Democratic candidate for that senate seat in S. Carolina. Stupid, unengaged, ignorant people do not need to be encouraged to vote.

The ignorant and stupid are the only ones who ARE encouraged to vote. The people with a brain and who are able to think figured out a long time ago that the game is rigged. We just stopped participating in something we obviously could never win. The sheep have been more than happy to vote for "the lesser of two evils" while those who are able to think realized that even if you vote for the lesser of two evils, you are still voting for evil and we stopped playing this stupid, brain dead, moronic game.

Arresting anyone for weed is the equivalent of arresting people for masterbating. No matter how many laws you make against it, people are still gonna do it. It is beyond stupid. I have never heard about a person smoking weed and hitting a school bus full of kids... you know why? Cause it don't happen, but you hear about drunks doing it. Yet alcohol is legal and weed is not.

With that being said, you can't have it both ways. The law is the law. You can not complain that the law is not being followed as far as illegal immigration, then expect police to turn their heads to weed. The cops still have a job to do. Sadly in most states, the cops can not enforce immigration law, but they can enforce drug laws, and that is where the problem starts. This is an issue that must be dealt with at the state level and you have to draw your line in the sand as far as the Federal Government goes. Yet the majority of citizens pay no attention to politics on a state and local level. However I am hopeful that people are really starting to stop and THINK about these issues now..... but I certainly won't hold my breathe.

This story really highlights what is wrong with law enforcement. It should NEVER be acceptable to shoot an unarmed man. Regardless of what "moves" he makes, or what his reputation is, if you are going to pull the trigger you better be damn sure that your own life is in danger. If that means you have to wait to get shot first, so be it. That is the job you signed up for. As a Law Enforcement Officer your primary job is to uphold the law. If you pull the trigger too early out of fear, you are no different than most of the people you arrest. You put yourself first above all else, just like the criminals put themselves above all else, including the law.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
"THE_PROFESSIONAL_TROLL"

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
I don't cry when the police die, cause they probably deserved it.
Run around with a badge & a gun & they god damn f#ck with everyone.
Enforce rules made by fools, violence and fear their tools.
They dress to oppress, with their laws they arrest & they leave us powerless.

i don't like poetry, but i like this. not for the content, but for the way it was written. bravo.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

They shot him over a goddamn plant for god sake!!! What the hell is wrong with people it has nothing to do with gun culture people have a right to self defense, stop repeating media BS rhetoric!

Sorry, my friend, you have it all wrong. The cop d i d n o t shoot the man because he saw him smoking a joint. He d i d shoot the man because of a "move" he did -- he suspected the man might have been going for a weapon.

Why did he suspect that? Because Amerika is steeped in gun culture. The cop had every right, in Amerika at least, to suspect the man had a weapon. It has everything to do with why he killed him.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Then I have to ask what exactly the reason is the the cops were in the home to witness this furtive movement?

Preconception?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I guess we are splitting hairs. In any other more civilized and less trigger happy country, as has been pointed out by others, the fuzz would have made an inquiry and possibly even an arrest, but nobody would have been killed.

There is a difference there, and the difference is the presence or absence of the gun culture. Where there are guns they factor into all decisions. Where there are non, they are not a factor.

Too simple for those too deep in the forest to see.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

The difference has nothing to do with guns. The difference is that our laws concerning marijuana are way to strict, which is why the police come in like stormtroopers. If the laws weren't so assanine concerning something so harmless as weed, they wouldn't be raiding people's homes in the first place. It's ludicrus that in this country someone can do more prison time for weed than they can for rape.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
they do not want american citezens consuming any entheogenic plants whatsoever,and in my opinion this is spreading threw out the world as well. its is controlled as soon as its popular enough with a large enough number of states, the newspaper articles roll out of how kids jump in front of cars on salvia divinorum or cut their friends face off and heart out on magic mushrooms, or chop their parents up and rape virgins on cannabis, so on and so forth. with cannabis they simply dont want everyone to have acces to a plant with so many uses that we spend money on day to day and the others have more deep cultural controlling nature to the reasons they are illegal. these are my opinions tho

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I guess we are splitting hairs. In any other more civilized and less trigger happy country, as has been pointed out by others, the fuzz would have made an inquiry and possibly even an arrest, but nobody would have been killed.

There is a difference there, and the difference is the presence or absence of the gun culture. Where there are guns they factor into all decisions. Where there are non, they are not a factor.

Too simple for those too deep in the forest to see.

Sounds more to me like you are avoiding my QUESTION in order to just blame guns. It always amazes me how people forget that a person pulled that trigger.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

You're an ignorant shill, stop blaming everyone and everything else for your shortcomings. Meaning, stop worrying what other people do and worry about yourself.

BTW, genius...you do know that the guy in your avatar smokes, right?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt
BTW, genius...you do know that the guy in your avatar smokes, right?

LMAO!

I was trying to pretend he was not besmirching the legacy of Fox Mulder but now that it is all out there like that.

David Duchovny says addicts have "given drugs a bad name".

The "Californication" actor insists illegal substances such as cannabis can be used safely without the risk of getting hooked.

David said: "I have different feelings about coc aine and marijuana. Marijuana rarely leads to violence in my experience.
source

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join