It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Kill Father-to-Be in Botched Marijuana Raid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Cops Kill Father-to-Be in Botched Marijuana Raid

blog.norml.org

A 21-year-old father-to-be was killed last Friday night by a Las Vegas Police Department narcotics officer serving a search warrant for marijuana. Trevon Cole was shot once in the bathroom of his apartment after he made what police described as “a furtive movement.”

Police have said Cole was not armed. Police said Monday they recovered an unspecified amount of marijuana and a set of digital scales. A person identifying herself as Cole’s fiancée, Sequoia Pearce, in the comments section in the article linked to above said no drugs were found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
current.com

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
When is this madness going to stop? Police treat pot busts like they're taking down a meth dealing kingpin. This is beyond ridiculous. The benefits of marijuana greatly out weigh the cons, and the main con being that you run the risk of being shot by police if you are suspected to have some. We are seeing this happen again and again, people's live being ruined by the police because they want to dictate what can and can't alter your conciseness with. It's okay to get drunk every night of the week, which cause substantially more deaths and crimes than marijuana every year, but if you have pot, they act like you're an enemy of the state. This is so absurd and I hope these police are held accountable for their actions, because in my mind, murder is not justified because you think they have, or smoke marijuana.

blog.norml.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
THANK YOU WAR ON DRUGS! The war on drugs is not a war on drugs its a war on people who traffic and USE them. The users are OUR mothers, wives, sisters , daughters, brothers husbands fathers and sons. We need to choose compassion over jailing and waving guns in these individuals faces. Why are guns at the ready for a pot dealer anyway???? Did they have info that he was armed? I dont understand! Stop demonizing our people! They need help and hospitals and understanding. They arent funding terrorism WE are everytime we throw trillions a year at Saudi Arabia for gassing our cars and suvs!!!!!!!!!! Tommy Chong was made an example of in 2006 by our DEA by selling a Glass pipe with No drugs even in the transaction and he did 9 months HOW IS THIS HELPING ANYONE !! Our tax money is funnelled into a black hole budget for the DEA keeping our family members under the thumb of our Govt offering no real assitance instead of helping addict they think the fear tactics of scaring people from using drugs which will NEVER work over helping people. Im sad and I know we dont have to demonize our people choose love over fear! Please? Thanks for the post Op s&f

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
"Furtive movement" in the bathroom? What, like pulling up his pants?

Amazing that people are being killed everyday for a weed.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You can thank the militarization of our civilian police force and our War on Drugs and that makes us all enemy combatants.....

Land of the free and home of the brave. Ill wager that no charges will come out of this against the officers involved.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
well i hope you keep the same discontent expressed in your post, and act that way towards all the people who "embrace" "marijuana" when its legal.i think thats the real crime, people with short memories of how they acted to a group of people ready and happy to say "i dont hate you now, look i even made this legal for you with a prescription".

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
legalization (at least decriminalization) is LONG OVER DUE..

let the cops focus on the heroin, meth coc aine.. i mean seriously..

ITS FREAKIN WEED MAN..

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Everyone in this thread who is upset over this, and believes that we should have legalized/decriminalized pot, do something about it. It is this way because We The People keep voting it to be this way.

Yes, this is silly. It sucks. Just about everyone has done it, most would do it again if it weren't illegal (at least occasionally). Yet every time a vote comes up on the issue, it is voted down.

Get out and do something. That is the only thing that is going to change it. Keep trying to explain to people, showing these examples.

Otherwise, we have the nation that our votes apparently have created.

Along those same lines....quit encouraging stupid people to vote. If we get another Obama in office I am going to take my chances in Mexico. Bush sucked, but jeez....did we have to over react so badly? I mean, look at the Democratic candidate for that senate seat in S. Carolina. Stupid, unengaged, ignorant people do not need to be encouraged to vote.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The 13 colonies when they first settled in America had crops that that must be grown.

Cannabis plants was a major crop.

It produced clothing, paper, something to smoke, and some other things.

The Federal Gov. raids homes and apartments because doing raids makes more money then if legalization of the product. They get the product, cars, homes, and money.

Besides Marijuana is legal if you have a medical card, i know it doesn't stretch to all states, but there is a significant amount of states with the medical law.

I personally find stuff like this absurd especially when all the medical applications come into play.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

This madness will never stop. They need new slaves to the their prison businesses. These are easiest and best kind of slaves to snatch.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Shouldn't have drugs in the house...he gets what he deserves...that kid woulda grown up with drugs...don't have drugs or don't do drugs or suffer the consequences

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
At the risk of getting a few people narked about "the right to bear arms", could I suggest the reason why the US police are so trigger happy is because they don't know whether the person they are arresting has a gun. On the basis of experience, best err on the side of caution. Policemen are humans and self preservation is a strong human instinct.

I have a degree of sympathy for the police who are daily faced with the prospect of people pulling guns on them. That said, I think the police need to attempt restraint.

If you live in a gun culture then you have to accept that this is a logical outcome.

Regards

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
and i thought america was meant to be a christian country-

God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat." … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:29-31) The Bible predicts some herb's prohibition. "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times, some shall … speak lies in hypocrisy … commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. (Paul: 1 Timothy 4:1-3)

www.equalrights4all.org...

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Shouldn't have drugs in the house...he gets what he deserves...that kid woulda grown up with drugs...don't have drugs or don't do drugs or suffer the consequences

Moral and ethical issues aside, it's not clear at this time that there actually was marijuana in the house.

You're saying anyone with pot in their home deserves to be executed? How 'bout alcohol? kids with alcoholic parents have a much rougher go of it than kids with parents who use marijuana. Nobody smokes a joint then beats their spouse. College kids don't kill themselves at parties by smoking too much weed. You could go on and on. So, should everyone with a beer in their fridge be executed as well? After all, alcohol has been proven time and time again, to be much more destructive, both individually and to society, than pot.

"he gets what he deserves..."
grow up.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It's time for you to suffer the consequences from your simple little post.
Good by.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

When is this madness going to stop?

The madness won't stop because it is a weapon of WAR against the American people. When we are reduced to rubble and no one resists and most of us are dead, then they might put this particular weapon away. It's obviously a very clever weapon. We pay with our taxes to destroy our country. We can't afford so many prisons for petty offenders. So our economy buckles under the weight. Law enforcement, swat teams are funded by the Federal Govt or homeland insecurity. We are under seige. They only made drugs illegal because they learned from the prohibition of alcohol how lucrative it would be. In England it is illegal not to seperate their trash will extreme fines. Same thing, a war against the people.

This is an excuse to burst into peoples' homes and shoot them. It seems that if law enforcement had half a brain they would realize how badly they are being used by these criminals.
The only answer is to end the war on drugs by making them legal, which won't happen because we no longer have the tiniest bit of control over our government.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by m khan]

link   

Shouldn't have drugs in the house...he gets what he deserves...

Nonsense.

Being shot and killed for weed of any amount could never be construde as "deserved" except if a HUGE amount was involved and the dealer had weapons to protect his/her investment and was stupid enough to try and use them on police.

that kid woulda grown up with drugs...

Would he, how do you know this?

And how on earth can you say a 21 year old "father to be" is a "kid"?

Ignorant.

This story is about undertrained, gung-ho macho cops with serious issues and personal god complexes who think they are judge, jury and in this case, executioner.

Fire the cop, prosecute them, send them to jail for murder or manslaughter, compensate the mother to be, train the cops, understand what marijuana is, understand that police guns kill more weed users than weed does, etc etc etc....

link   
How sad that this young man lost his life due to some trigger happy cop. I don't particular want to see pot legalized as it would then be in the hands of the Govt and of course we know what they would do! It needs to be de-criminalized! It is medicinal - recommended for Cancer patients and a lot of people who could benefit from it cannot get it legally. The focus should be put on hard drugs and liquor which is legal, yea makes a lot of sense there doesn't it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Stella Lotus

And just what's in your medicine cabinet?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join