It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Chief at UK Yacht Race as Oil Spews in Gulf of Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

A BP spokeswoman says BP chief executive
Tony Hayward is attending a yacht race off the Isle of Wight in southern England.

Spokeswoman Sheila Williams says Hayward took time off his duties handling the oil spill catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico to see his boat "Bob" participate in the J.P. Morgan Asset Management Round the Island Race on Saturday.

The one-day yacht race is one of the world's largest, attracting hundreds of boats and thousands of sailors.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

BP Chief at UK Yacht Race as Oil Spews in Gulf of Mexico

I think this is not cool at all, we have a continuing disaster unfolding and this guy runs off to a yacht race. This seems irresponsible, but then again I think this was the same guy complaining about wanting his life back when the spill was in its early days...

I wonder how long it will take for this spill to reach the Isle of Wight?

[edit on 19-6-2010 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It's too bad there aren't any humanitarian/environmentalist groups who were close to the race with time to spare. Would be awesome to see a "mock" staged Oil Spill go off during the race (not using actual oil obviously). I bet Hayward would Crap his pants.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

I just don't get it...

Does this guy even know the definition of the word obscene?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I wish I'd had advance warning. I could have got to the IOW in time sink his poncey yoghurt pot. Or at the very least tied a rope round his prop.

The rat faced cretin should be keel-hauled, flogged and dragged round the island in a beef barrel.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
His behavior is appalling. Maybe his next cruise will be on the promised Lake of Fire.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What am I missing here? Mr. Hayward has been relieved of his duties as BP's head of the Gulf of Mexico response. He has no duties to attend to. Why the moral indignation?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

Would be awesome to see a "mock" staged Oil Spill go off during the race (not using actual oil obviously).

Chocolate syrup would do nicely... it's water soluble, the right color, the right texture, and there wouldnt be much impact from it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geeky_Bubbe
What am I missing here? Mr. Hayward has been relieved of his duties as BP's head of the Gulf of Mexico response. He has no duties to attend to. Why the moral indignation?

How convenient they just pulled him off the job he wasn't doing...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Would you approve of Obama going on vacation while this oil spill disaster is unfolding?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Has he really? Well, good job. He still deserves his gonads stamping on, if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Look at all the small people mad about this. When will you all learn that the elite are better than us because they have money?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

He has been relieved of his duties but would you, if you were in his shoes run away or would you show the world your commitment and do all YOU could ??!!

This bloke is a marked man now....... perhaps he doesn't understand the implications of whta has happened , then again maybe he DOES and he is enjoying himself whilst he can......

If he has been relieved of duties doe s that me he is on a reduced salary ??

I think not !!!!

PurpleDog UK

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Would you approve of Obama going on vacation while this oil spill disaster is unfolding?

A straw dog argument. We have not, as yet, demoted President Obama or relieved him of his duties as President of the United States.

And, point of fact, President Obama has gone on vacation twice during the Gulf of Mexico disaster.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

I still think its wrong, as for Obama should have made a thread about it.

Leaders should lead by example.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Now we know what he meant by "life" when he said he wanted his back. Too bad for the "small people" who have poisoned water to play in and who have boats that are forbidden to be on that same poisoned water!

edit for clarification.

[edit on 19/6/2010 by SeenMyShare]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

To divert attention away from Obama's own disregard for what's happening in the Gulf. And as far as I've heard, Obama hasn't been relieved of his duties, has he?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think it's time for the American (and world) version of the French Revolution. Drag these slimy pussbuckets out of their homes, and just start killing them. No more whining, no more rhetoric, no more 'Internet commandos'. Our lives are screwed up, our environment's screwed up, our livelihood is screwed up, we are poor, and we are being treated worse than animals. I am sick of court proceedings that go nowhere, lies spewed, and the rich getting to go do whatever, leaving US to clean up the mess, foot the bill, and we're supposed to just be fed anything these fools tell us.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

That is way over the top even for a very emotional issue. To say nothing of a direct and flagrant violation the ATS TOS.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Sorry- would you like a sponge to sop up the bleeding heart?

The reason why the wold's gone to hell is moist smacks like you, ya know? *whine* We should be peaceful. *whine* Violence doesnt solve anything. *whine* They just need a hug!

I was going to MOVE to fla, and this stunt has assured I cant- I am not going to be rained on by toxic materials, have my well poisoned, and not be able to even ENJOY the ocean! I am sick of these rich, *snipsnipsnipsnipsnipsnip* taking what little I *can* enjoy!

[edit on 19-6-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare

Now we know what he meant by "life" when he said he wanted his back. Too bad for the "small people" who have poisoned water to play in and who have boats that are forbidden to be on that same poisoned water!

edit for clarification.

[edit on 19/6/2010 by SeenMyShare]

Boy ain't that the truth, to go to play in the water while ours has been destroyed,

What message does it send?

You see the way I see it is, the congressional investigation is all for show, they tell him let's give the people what they want, you sit there and take a beating knowing we really all are in cahoots with one another , then behind closed doors we will all have a good laugh.

hahahahahahaha

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join