It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada stun gun death 'not justified'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Canada stun gun death 'not justified'

news.bbc.co.uk

Robert Dziekanski, who did not speak English, died after being stunned five times with a Taser gun at Vancouver airport in 2007.

The district attorney general has said that a special prosecutor would look into possible criminal charges against the four officers involved.

The case sparked outrage across Canada.

Mr Dziekanski, 40, was a first-time traveller who had been emigrating to Canada, where his mother lived.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well this is interesting.

We've had quite a few cases where police officers have tasered folk for no good reason. This was one of the more vocal cases.

I agree with the judgment. The law enforcement officer did overstep his boundries, there was no reason to taser him.

He said that the five jolts and the ensuing struggle with police had "contributed substantially to Mr Dziekanski's death".

FIVE TIMES! Can you imagine? Sometimes I just have to shake my head at the RCMP..

~Keeper

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Wait a second...
Here in America, stuff like that is "justified", but in Canada it's "not justified".
So which one is the land of the free, U.S. or Canada?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
A stun gun or taser can kill someone yet people find a simple "punch to the face" to be extreme here in America. I express my sorrow for those who die to such cowardly weapons and for something that shouldn't have been elevated to such extremes for a reason that is so pathetic. How would you expect someone, who is confused and probably scared and panicking, to act when they're in a new place and unable to communicate to those around them?
And then to be shocked into submission for something they don't even get. Tasers are part of the problem going around our "civilized" countries now a days and need to be banned with how many problems are coming from them.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The RCMP in BC are out of control. They have a number of cases where people have died in their custody, and they have yet to find one officer at fault. They did a news special on it on W5 or one of those news shows.

The four officers will be re-tried, which is the right thing to do.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

www.nationalpost.com...

mostlywater.org...

new topics

top topics

join